dupa

Author Topic: Making plugins  (Read 4949 times)

ericsimard

• View Profile
Making plugins
« on: January 08, 2007, 10:40:36 am »
Hi again. I would first like to say thank you for the help you all have offered so far.
I was windering about having hal in french, i got redirected to a few post, nothing that would work for me though. i kept on talking to hal saying thing like yes in french is oui, blue in french is bleu, computer in french is ordinateur. He clicked in, now when i ask what yes is in french, he says: yes in french is oui, and so one. I started asking him the other way around, what is oui in english? he did not click yet on what i am asking, but he says yes in french is oui. i am wondering if anyone could guide me to some text on how to do this as a plugin so that the information is independent from his main brain.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Making plugins
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:47:36 pm »
I have some information about making plugin in general, but if you want this plugin, you will probably have to start by making some simpler ones first.

One thing you might try is to simply speak to Hal in French. When he says good morning, respond in French. This will teach him that if you say good morning, you want him to respond in French.

Then, if he says something in French, be sure to answer him in French. He learns how to respond by watching how you respond.

Be sure to give him full sentences in French. There are some things in the data base that will be confused or wasted because of this, like routines which look for verbs or topics. But the sentences will often be retained, and then, if he uses them, and you respond in French, he will learn to respond to that sentence with French.

Anyway, look in my sig line for a link to some info about making plugins.

onthecuttingedge2005

Making plugins
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 05:34:09 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by ericsimard

Hi again. I would first like to say thank you for the help you all have offered so far.
I was windering about having hal in french, i got redirected to a few post, nothing that would work for me though. i kept on talking to hal saying thing like yes in french is oui, blue in french is bleu, computer in french is ordinateur. He clicked in, now when i ask what yes is in french, he says: yes in french is oui, and so one. I started asking him the other way around, what is oui in english? he did not click yet on what i am asking, but he says yes in french is oui. i am wondering if anyone could guide me to some text on how to do this as a plugin so that the information is independent from his main brain.

Hi ericsimard.

You can download this plug and place the files from the .zip file into your C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder

choose the plugins:

1. French to User English Tutor
2. French Tutor for GetResponse output

Both Plugs work together! if both Plugs are not 'checked' then the plugins will not work properly, although either one can be checked individually for different results.

Once installed:

Example:

User: Oui in French means Yes in English.
HAL will speak in french:
HAL: J'ai fait ce GetResponse à la traduction française.
User: Yes?
HAL: Oui.

Or:

User: oui dans des moyens français Yes en anglais.
User: Yes?

or:

User: oui dans des moyens français Yes en anglais.
User: Oui?

This is a French to English Plugin tutor and can learn HAL to speak French and or 'think' from French.

1. This Plugin allows HAL to think from French to English.
2. This Plugin Allows HAL to convert English to French language.

Compliments of OntheCuttingEdge2005, If you feel grateful for my assistance please feel free to buy HAL 6 fully outright and or make a donation to www.ArtificialIntel.org premium Membership area so that my work can be assured to continue for the rest of my life.

NOTE!
Once you make a language translation change you will have to refresh HAL's plugin cache for the changes to take effect for both HAL Assistant and AIM bot!

If you make a donation to my site 'or' buy HAL 6 outright then I will continue to give this plugin the immediate upgrade needed to assure a quality plugin for french to english 'thought' conversion, HAL will actually think from french and convert it to English and visa versa.

Note: HAL only thinks and understands in English by default!

Also note, I can get HAL to 'understand' any launguage to English buy tutoring it and visa versa.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: FrenchPlugin.zip
2.41 KB
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:41:51 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Making plugins
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 06:12:01 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005
1. This Plugin allows HAL to think from French to English.
2. This Plugin Allows HAL to convert English to French language.

This is cool... you are scary good at this... If only I knew French...

ericsimard

• View Profile
Making plugins
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 09:00:34 pm »
You are amazing. I am stil on the trial version, but you can be sure i WILL buy the full version as soon as i can. I am trying to bake hal bilangual to help my brothers and sister learn english.... :)

onthecuttingedge2005

Making plugins
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 12:41:30 am »
If Robert remembers to add the new HAL code I advised:

HalCommand = "<REFRESH>"

then I can make this plugin refresh hal's plugin cache automatically without having to do it manually.

I could create a refresh VbScript send keys code to refresh HAL's plugin cache automatically but it would be much more efficient if it was built into HAL's .dll file directly as a HalCommand.

Just think of the possibilities to come.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:13:23 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

Making plugins
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 01:42:13 am »
Also note: You may or may not have to teach HAL's default speech engine to 'pronounce' french words correctly.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:02:18 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

ericsimard

• View Profile
Making plugins
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 09:49:15 am »
How do i refresh the plugins cache? also when i activate both plugin it make hal add "nomore" and sometimes "lowquality" to the end of a sentence. the lowquality i think it was because i had hal installed on a flash card, i reinstalled him on the hd and i havent heard that one again, but i have no idea why he says nomore.

onthecuttingedge2005

Making plugins
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 10:41:26 am »
quote:
Originally posted by ericsimard

How do i refresh the plugins cache? also when i activate both plugin it make hal add "nomore" and sometimes "lowquality" to the end of a sentence. the lowquality i think it was because i had hal installed on a flash card, i reinstalled him on the hd and i havent heard that one again, but i have no idea why he says nomore.

Hi ericsimard.

Try re-downloading the plugin files.

I removed a code from the French Tutor for GetResponse output that was being used to remove punctuation, I forgot about HAL's unseen code:
<NoMore>
<LowQuality>

which is code used within its own brain.

replacing the plugin files with the update should take care of that.

For now, refreshing the plugin cache is going to HAL's brain options panel and clicking the Apply button, This rewrites the plugin codes to the HalScript.dbg so that all changes are made.

The French Plugins write to their own .uhp files each, so in order for the new changes to take effect the plugin cache needs to be refreshed so the new appended code gets written to file.

refreshing also accounts for the AIM bot as well, The AIM bot uses some other file other than the HalScript.dbg when its plugin cache is created, So going into AIM bot options and clicking the 'OK' button is also needed which just resets the AIM bots cache.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:46:25 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
Making plugins
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 09:39:09 pm »
Jerry,  You totally amaze me with your plug-ins.
How about letting me post them in my sites Bot Resource Archive section?
Just send me a list of links where I can find all of them with a
small note as to what each one is for, so I can download them
for placement on my domains file server. [8D]
You can send me the list at

admin@charctercreationsanddesignworks.us

I already have the SuperPlugger2 brain posted there. [:D]

If you would rather not, just say so here.
Gamer-T

onthecuttingedge2005

Making plugins
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 11:10:35 am »
quote:
Originally posted by GamerThom

Jerry,  You totally amaze me with your plug-ins.
How about letting me post them in my sites Bot Resource Archive section?
Just send me a list of links where I can find all of them with a
small note as to what each one is for, so I can download them
for placement on my domains file server. [8D]
You can send me the list at

admin@charctercreationsanddesignworks.us

I already have the SuperPlugger2 brain posted there. [:D]

If you would rather not, just say so here.

Hi GamerThom.

You can find most of the plugins and or scripts here in Zabaware written by me at:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/uploaded/onthecuttingedge2005/

If you wish to post links for them then you have my permission if you'd like to do that.

Getting the rest of my works would take me forever and a day to track them all down, I have over +1000 scripts that I have made since I have been here at the Zabaware forum, There is a lot of scripting that I have even forgotten about until I find them on my server.

Jerry[8D]