dupa

Author Topic: Problem Saving in Brain Editor  (Read 2478 times)

cyberbuddy315

• View Profile
Problem Saving in Brain Editor
« on: December 23, 2003, 01:57:29 pm »
I know this is probably a dumb question and I am sorry if it is answered somewhere else and I missed it but I am confused about something in the brain editor.  I believe in the Q & A data base or some of the larger files in the brain editor when I make a change and try to save it "pops up" some kind of warning message saying somethin like "I am in binary mode" and talks about the difference between "binary mode" and "ASCII mode" and thatif binary you have to compile or something like that and if save in binary tha ai won't learn or something like that.  The bottomline I am very confused.  I want the ai to learn but it didn't seem to accept my changes.  I wasn't sure what to do when I saw this prompt so when it said are sure you want to do this  I said no. Anyway if anyone has any idea what I am talking about or can help me out I would certainly appreciate it.  I could get a screen shot of what I am referring to if necessary.

Thanks a lot.

Bill819

• View Profile
Problem Saving in Brain Editor
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 01:18:12 am »
It may be possible that you are trying to edit the wrong file. There is a HalAsst.exe and you should not touch that one. You only want to edit the 'Hal.uhp'. I also recommend using the NotePad to do your editing.
Bill