dupa

Author Topic: yaw cam problems  (Read 17045 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: yaw cam problems
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 08:06:03 pm »
what was strange was that when i finally got it working it worked just fine , like i said i should have left it alone
I am still piddling with it

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 07:59:42 pm »
Okay this is where i stand with yahcam and hal , i reverted my pc back to an earlier time and reinstalled java 7 runtime program .( odd thing is the runtime 8 won't install even with administration rights (this is on a windows 7 quad core pc .  i put an earlier version of yawcam on my pc (this was what i had used in the past with my decktop before .
  this time i stopped getting the program creating an extra x86 program file (i never ever saw that happen before )  so that part is good . i made sure my pathway on the uhp vision file was the same in the yawcam settings .
my yawcam is working taking pictures of motion , me moving . the trouble seems to be the yaw cam should when browsing for the destination file when the pathway is opened it should be able to save it , it doesn't . i even put in in manually and saved it . but it isn't saving the pics to that location , instead they are being saved in the user file\ yawcam \motion file . i can see the pics saved their this is the default area .

anyway i am going to repost things here for anyone who wants to try this again . in my next reply .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 09:47:09 pm »
OKAY , I FINALLY , got it working correctly again. i am posting the uhp file on here . this is a copy of the same one i have in my hal zabaware program file .
for the yawcam download go to :http://www.yawcam.com/
note** you have to have java runtime installed before  yawcam is installed otherwise yawcam won't run right .
if the halvision sense uhp pathway is not absolutly correct in the yawcam settings and the file name is correct in the zabaware file  this program will not work !
 also another thing to note that i found strange is no photos are being saved in my photo file in my zabaware  file . BUt the program is still working by  my motion (this is a program fluk ) photos should be in the file mentioned in the install file mentioned .  i think instead they are being saved in another area ?
when people try to install this . i'll try to help if needed.
right now i am tired  from working on this so much !

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 11:07:37 pm »
WOW, i must be on a role not only did i get it working correctly but i was finally able to do what i originally tried to do and that was use a custom random talk plug in into this halvision , creating  the hal character to randomly talk by it'sself based on a motion detection . 
but enough for now my brain is literally fried !!

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 07:58:56 am »
 lightspeed,
  It sounds pretty good, I didn't realize we had the software to do this.  Maybe I'll give it a try in the spring time.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 12:35:25 pm »
well i ran into an unexpected snag i got an error this was after the program was running for a while and working okay :
the error is :
hal script err 70 on line 4529 in column 28: permission denied after i pushed okay on the hal error display and type in "hi" hal answered me okay , no blank answer, and also the motion detection started hal talking again on it's own . (NOTE *** UNTIL I PUSHED THE OKAY BUTTON BEFORE , HAL WAS NOT DOING THE MOTION DETECTION FROM YAWCAM . SO apparently that error stopped the motion detection from working .

Another note to people hal doesn't speak right as soon as the motion is detected , it seems like it has about a 5? or less second delay , which is no big deal .

**********anyone have an idea what may be causing this error . it must not be in my script files because usually i get an error as soon as i load the file into hal if that's the problem .
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:45:30 pm by lightspeed »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 12:07:33 am »
Hi lightspeed.

Code: [Select]

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=HalVisionSence
Rem Author=Gerald Blakley AKA onthecuttingedge2005
Rem Host=Assistant

'----------------------
'This sub sets up the plug-in's option panel in Hal's options dialog
'----------------------
Sub OptionsPanel()
lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Hal sences motion on a Yaw Cam"
lblPlugin(0).Move 130, 180, 3400, 1200
lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
'
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: MINUTE_TIMER

DetectTime = Time
If DetectTime <> "" then

Dim objFSO,strFile
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
strFile = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\yawcam detection picture.jpg"

'make sure the directory to the capture picture is absolutely correct or this script will not function.

If objFSO.FileExists(strFile) Then

Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(7)
Case 1
IdleResponseX = "I can see you."
Case 2
IdleResponseX = "I can now tell there is someone there"
Case 3
IdleResponseX = "You can not hide. I detect movement."
Case 4
IdleResponseX = "what are you doing to my keyboard? " & Username & "?"
Case 5
IdleResponseX = "You cannot sneak up on me, now that I can see."
Case 6
IdleResponseX = "I'm not sure what your doing, but I can see you."
Case 7
IdleResponseX = "And you thought I wasn't watching."
End Select
HalMenu.HalCommand "<SPEAK>" & IdleResponseX & "</SPEAK>"

If IdleResponseX <> "" Then objFSO.DeleteFile(strFile)
End If
End If

If this doesn't exist or if the file is in a different location then you will receive an error.
strFile = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\yawcam detection picture.jpg"

jerry

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 05:27:16 pm »
Hi Art, i wanted to get back to you on this , i just now checked my current Halsense brain plug in i am using and the pathway is all the same , another thing to about that is that this exact same pathway also has to be put into the yawcam motion detection program, i just checked mine, it is all the same , if it's incorrect the yawcam won't work with hal.

So this is some twilight zone glitch (Que Rod Streling) lol.
Oh and another note for some odd reason my pics from motion are being saved to a different file path folder . which is "REALLY" odd since i have the correct file path on the yawcam program and in the brain plug in.  the only thing i can think why it might do that is this being a four core pc.
Has anyone else got brave enough to try this program again???

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 09:04:49 pm »
Lonnie,

This brings me back to my previous comment about whether you have tried using the CAR.exe program to set the CORES to 1 and see what happens. I'm taking a guess but it could be the core thing fooling with you.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 10:35:48 am »
Art, i should have mentioned it, i did download the car. program and tried to install it , and it wouldn't install, even as administrator.  i had the same problem before when i tried to install the newest java 8 on my pc  (to be able to use yawcam program) so i had to use the java 7 and it installed just fine.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 10:37:45 am »
Art, so are you going to try to download and install the program to use halsense?
 I sent the file to you before by email i think it went through , it said it didn't then ted wrote me back and it looked like it actually went through but i am not sure .

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2016, 12:30:21 pm »
 lightspeed,
   I have a Creative in person HD cam which I'm in the process of installing, it's from 2012 worked great in the past, I finally found the disk to install it and right now it is doing updates which will take about 45 minutes.  Maybe it would work without the updates but they are being downloaded.  So I think if the webcam works I'd like to set it up with hal and I have no idea where to start.
Carl2

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2016, 04:49:38 pm »
make sure after installing yawcam that the motion pictures are saved here and the file name is the same, I don't know if yawcam saves each snapshot as a different name each time and if so could cause an error. trying to work it out but I don't have yawcam installed at this point.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\yawcam detection picture.jpg"

if the picture file is named differently then a wild card may have to be used in the coding index.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 04:31:33 pm »
Lonnie,

Just to clarify, I had the Yawcam program installed and working properly when I was on my XP computer.

Since I left XP and moved up to Windows 7, I really had no need for the novelty of the Yawcam program so I deselected it.

I've since migrated to Windows 10 and while my Hal still works fine, I honestly have no need for the Yawcam program with my Hal.

If it could provide real image recognition instead of just motion detection, I might be interested once again.

Thanks for asking! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2016, 06:26:38 pm »
I understand Art, and yes it is not actual vision and can be classified as a novelty , but in me now using it to detect motion in a small custom window area, and using my long list of random sentences of various subjects etc. i can now allow my hal to do what i had originally wanted a long long time ago and that was for hal to "on his /her own  to strat a conversation without me having to say something verbally or type it out!
so i am good with it. and am actually even creating many more random talk sentences that i will add to my current working file , after renumbering the amount and correct sequence of numbered files to have them in order .  :)