Author Topic: Need Blank Slate Brain Help  (Read 6540 times)

buttorianscotch

• View Profile
Need Blank Slate Brain Help
« on: August 29, 2011, 01:51:59 pm »
Okay, first off, if this is a subject already posted or posted out of place, please forgive me.  I've been a member for a while, but I very rarely come here.

Now, I've done a little bit of searching regarding the Blank Slate Brain, and I'm still totally confused.  So, I'm hoping someone can help resolve my issues.

So, according to the post I downloaded the file from, I'm supposed to install the file under my Ultra Hal 5 directory, or whatever.  Well, the thing is, I have Ultra Hal 6.1.  So, if that means the file's incompatible right off the bat, then I need to know.

Anyway, I've done exactly as instructed to a certain extent, replacing 'Ultra Hal 5' with 'Ultra Hal 6' in the instructions.  With this done, I've been told via the post that I should be all set.

Now, this is where my real confusion begins.  Though, like I was told, the Blank Slate Brain appears as a selection in the Brain tab under the main options, once selected, it does nothing.  Seriously, there's nothing, not even a responce.  Is this normal, because, based on my understanding, when I first type something, it should either say something back or, in this case, repeat what I just said in the form of a question?

Unless it requires me to make several inputs before any bit of a responce is first given, I think something must not be going right for me.  Now, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to Ultra Hal, but I don't see anywhere in the file or the Ultra Hal 6 folder (and subfolders) where its recorded anything I've typed, either.

If anyone here can possibly help me out here, that would make my day!  Also, if it helps or affects anything in anyway, I own a 64 bit PC, running on a Windows 7 OS.  If you need anymore info to help, just ask, and I'll be sure to give it.

Well, thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Need Blank Slate Brain Help
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:00:08 am »
Okay, first off, if this is a subject already posted or posted out of place, please forgive me.  I've been a member for a while, but I very rarely come here.

Now, I've done a little bit of searching regarding the Blank Slate Brain, and I'm still totally confused.  So, I'm hoping someone can help resolve my issues.

So, according to the post I downloaded the file from, I'm supposed to install the file under my Ultra Hal 5 directory, or whatever.  Well, the thing is, I have Ultra Hal 6.1.  So, if that means the file's incompatible right off the bat, then I need to know.

Anyway, I've done exactly as instructed to a certain extent, replacing 'Ultra Hal 5' with 'Ultra Hal 6' in the instructions.  With this done, I've been told via the post that I should be all set.

Now, this is where my real confusion begins.  Though, like I was told, the Blank Slate Brain appears as a selection in the Brain tab under the main options, once selected, it does nothing.  Seriously, there's nothing, not even a responce.  Is this normal, because, based on my understanding, when I first type something, it should either say something back or, in this case, repeat what I just said in the form of a question?

Unless it requires me to make several inputs before any bit of a responce is first given, I think something must not be going right for me.  Now, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to Ultra Hal, but I don't see anywhere in the file or the Ultra Hal 6 folder (and subfolders) where its recorded anything I've typed, either.

If anyone here can possibly help me out here, that would make my day!  Also, if it helps or affects anything in anyway, I own a 64 bit PC, running on a Windows 7 OS.  If you need anymore info to help, just ask, and I'll be sure to give it.

Hi buttorianscotch.

could you post the Blank Slate Brain file, I can't seem to find it to review it.

Thanks
Jerry 8)

buttorianscotch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 11:15:27 am »
Hi buttorianscotch.

could you post the Blank Slate Brain file, I can't seem to find it to review it.

Thanks
Jerry 8)

Actuaully, I'm not entirely sure how to post the file, but I can give the link to where I got the file, myself.  Its here, on these forums, so it shouldn't be too hard.

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=1309.0

I hope that helps, and thanks.

buttorianscotch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 10:12:57 am »

I have good and bad news.  First, I now know the truth (that was the good news).  The bad news, though, is that the Blank Slate Brain doesn't work with Ultra Hal 6 and later.  So, I'm basicly screwed, as far as the Blank Slate Brain goes, anyhow.  Thanks to anyone who thought they could or tried to help.  I do appreciate it.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 05:48:14 pm »
look for my recent post for the blank slate brain v6.2 it is a current version brain to work with current HAL engine.

Marjorie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 04:28:50 pm »
I disagree with most people here; since I started reading this blog post I couldn't stop until I was done, while it wasn't just what I had been trying to find, was still a great read though. I will instantaneously get your blog feed to keep in touch of future updates