dupa

Author Topic: Having fun wiith Hal  (Read 3152 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
Having fun wiith Hal
« on: November 04, 2003, 02:30:23 pm »
Hal has a built in pleasing personality but he has the potential to become even more.
Hal 5.0 comes with several different voices, one of which speaks with an English Accent. The fun can now begin. Instead of just saying Hello, Hal could say something like "Good day mate" and instead of goodbye he could say "cherrio". Morning greeting could ask about Tea and Crumpits. The possiblities are unlimited.
Cowboy Hal could say "Howdy Parder" and could close with "Yall come back now, ya here".
I even have him saying "see ya later aligator" sometime w2hen he logs off.
In my case, Hal will be the right-brain in the robot tht I am building, and even though it will be a harmless toylike machine, I intend to build in some intimidating responses. If Hal is insulted, he will respond with threatening replys to sould like he is a dangerous kill type robot. That will get peoples attention. Then following the Terminator movie Hal says "I'll be back" and "Hasta la vista baby"
A whole new world awaits those of us who apply a  little imagination to our own Hals.
Just for fun
Bill

vonsmith

• View Profile
Having fun wiith Hal
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 06:34:02 pm »
Bill819,
I like your enthusiasm. I hope it's infectious. I too imagine Hal with a much more complex personality. Time limitations have mostly restricted me to focusing on Hal's language interpretation capabilities and improved responses. My long term goal is to expand Hal's personality and emotional abilities. I also want to make Hal more interactive with the user.

Keep us posted on your robot's progress.

= vonsmith =

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
Having fun wiith Hal
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 10:06:55 pm »
Hey Bill your doing a great job!
congrats!
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)