Author Topic: hal in different language  (Read 3604 times)

ericsimard

• View Profile
hal in different language
« on: January 05, 2007, 03:40:00 pm »
Hi everyone, i am new to this. I am wondering if there is any plan to develop hal in different language. Or if there is a plugin for this, specificaly i am lookin at running hal in french.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 04:17:22 pm »
Ooo.. it wouldn't be a plugin. You would have to delete and reinsert thousands of lines in the databases, then rewrite all of the grammar code in the script, and even then I suspect it would only speak poor French. There are probably embedded routines that can't be adapted. And then almost all of the current plugins wouldn't work.

It would have to be a labor of love on Robert's part.

However, I bet if you just start speaking French to it, it will end up speaking a combination of English and French in a very short time. If you push the learning slider over some, it might even speak mostly French (but again, probably bad French...)

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 05:42:25 pm »
In the past we have had people who wanted both French and Spanish. I am not sure but I thought that they had achieved something along the lines that they wanted. I would suggest that you look throught the archives for the last two or three years to find an answer.
Bill819

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 06:49:52 am »
If i rememeber BILL :  there was a spanish and french script UHEF:::

I believed that it worked off off the Corrections script: also while chatting in french to hal slowly hal was converted over to total french....

There was also a where you would tell hal BONJOUR is HELLO in FRENCH
hal would save this in a seperated corrections {FRENCHVER} later you would ask What is HELLO in FRENCH : Bonjour is HELLO in french.....

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 06:51:32 am »
i beleive that a couple of french users successfull in converting the whole brain to french, but they never shared the files...

ericsimard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 10:05:52 pm »
Thank you all, i think i will be able to manage what i want with the info i got...