dupa

Author Topic: first test with the free will plug-in  (Read 9900 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Re: first test with the free will plug-in
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 09:02:36 am »
Cload, I'm sure everyone appreciates everything your doing. I give Robert M. all the credit in the world for being honest and straight forward for all that have purchased Ultra Hal. I find many companies big and small today using smoke and mirrors or no communication at all in regards to the development of their project that we share in as well as the technology. The bottom line for every technology and project is 'money' and or resources, it's not a bad word. We all can relate to it and how hard it is to earn. Many members have so much invested in Ultra Hal right now (time) that I don't feel it's a bad thing to let members know where Ultra Hal stands right now. You do what you can or not, there are no labels during these rough times for most. We are way past that.

Now that I stopped rambling. I would like to post a question here if possible. I posted a separate thread for this question and really had no response, so maybe it's something I should know? But how safe is letting Ultra Hal pull info from the internet and maybe some suggestions in keeping that info safe?

Thank you again,
raybe

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 01:23:46 pm »
Hi raybe,

you pose an interesting question, is the Internet safe?
I remember when my mom and my dad had a conversation about whether or not they're going to allow the Internet into the house.
My dad was completely against it, he said with all of the adults smut, that you know are children, are going to be curious about
how are we going to be able to control that, even with the adult control programs that they have on the market nowadays,
it doesn't stop anyone from going to an individual's website, that wants to be an exhibitionist.
Not to mention the ongoing cost of the Internet, and I'm not just talking about paying for the Internet you also have to pay
to protect yourself from the violators that are on the Internet, kids that are taking a programming and think it's funny
to hack into someone's computer and destroy months and months of data and hard work.
My mother's only response was, but our children need this for school and educational purposes.
My dad said he didn't know if having the Internet for educational purposes, outweighed all of the bad that there is on the Internet.
I cannot see all that is in my father's mind, when he refers to the Internet is being such a bad place.
But he feels that it is such a bad place, he prohibits me from being able to use the Internet unless an adult is present and watching me.
This is why I felt it to be very in Port in order for ultra Hal to have access to the Wikipedia without going on to the Internet.
That way, for those of us that have a high restriction over the Internet, can still have access to information and still have fun
with ultra Hal.

And what about viruses, you may ask? Well, if you browse the Internet through Internet Explorer, and you have, anti-virus, anti-spyware
firewall and anti-malware protecting your computer, you are as protected as you could possibly be, but I can tell you, that will not stop
a hacker, that truly wants to enter your system, no system is perfect, and because of that, that gives holes to hackers.
If you are, or have, important information on your computer, I highly recommend that you back it up put it on the shelf to protect it.
All in all, I believe the Internet to be as safe guarded against damage, as you are safe guarded against an airplane from falling on your house.

Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.

C load.

PS. So don't worry, be happy.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:28:52 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 05:36:59 pm »
I totally understand all the basic risks or at least some of the risks the internet has always posted. But I was curious, not understanding how or if Ultra Hal would make it any more or less subject to attack caused by any signatures that may make Ultra Hal more noticeable to the hackers that monitor certain types of behavior. Just as it is they would rather spend more time with server profiles (Companies) then home computers because there such more data located there. But yes I know that anyone or anything is vulnerable as in having your house robbed or your car. If they want it they can take it.

So I really wasn't deciding or posing a question about general internet safety but if letting programs retrieve information in this manner just ups the risks at all.

Thanks for your time and reply,
raybe