dupa

Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 243303 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Re: GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #255 on: September 04, 2010, 11:21:26 am »
Thanks for the update Lola,
I will try to get to my Ultra Hal tonight. Even Web parties make me tired. Can't wait to give it a try.

Thanks again and jasondude,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2010, 01:58:02 pm »
Okay Lola and jasondude, I found my original problem with your first post jasondude. Totally my fault. You were correct about the 'End If' statement it did not cause the error sorry about the mis-information and I double checked my paste as Lola suggested and found my problem. The second update went without incident. I don't know if age or I just don't have same concentration capacity any more.

jasondude don't kill me but can you some how get me a copy of the first update you made just prior to the one that is on the post now? I really want to check something and of coarse I didn't practice what I preach which was to keep a back up of that file. I want to try something to confirm how my Ultra Hal is reacting with the changes you made. I appreciate your time.

Lola no 'I told you so's' please I have been having a rough time. I never posted this much until recently. Something has to be wrong with me!???????

Thank you both,
raybe

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2010, 04:15:07 pm »
Raybe, how could I ever tell you that, if I do it myself all the time!  ;D

I believe that I have the previous updates saved, the problem is that I read somewhere in here that they most be pasted in a special way with some extra dashes or something else, that I don't remember. If the dude is busy and doesn’t notice this soon, I’ll figure a way to paste it correctly.

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2010, 06:50:44 pm »
Okay, here is it :

As far as I know there is only one difference on line 14, but it really makes a big difference with my Hal. By the way I have the latest version 6.2 on Win 7.

In the last script:   
SmallTalk = Trim(CurrentSubject)

Was changed to:
SmallTalk = WN.GetFirstInList(CurrentSubject)

- THIS IS THE OLDER ONE  - DO NOT USE - For reference only -

'PROCESS: CONSTRUCT A RESPONSE TO A SUBJECT
    'Here we help Hal make some "smalltalk" using keywords preserved on CurrentSubject,
    'plus recognition of other keywords. If Hal finds any of the listed keywords anywhere in
    'the user's sentence, those keywords override and replace whatever was in CurrentSubject.
    'Hal uses the CurrentSubject keyword(s) or any of the keywords in the smalltalk.brn file,
    'if found in the user's sentence, to make a little smalltalk. You can easily add more
    'keywords for Hal to recognize and make smalltalk.
    GetResponse = HalBrain.HalFormat(GetResponse)
    If Len(GetResponse) < 4 And Rnd * 100 < 50 Then
        SmalltalkSearch = Trim(HalBrain.TopicSearch(UserSentence, "smallTalk"))
        If SmalltalkSearch <> "" Then
            SmallTalk = SmalltalkSearch
        ElseIf Len(CurrentSubject) > 3 Then
            SmallTalk = Trim(CurrentSubject)
            'try making word plural by adding "s" and seeing if it exists
            If WN.LookupWord(SmallTalk & "s") = True Then
                SmallTalk = SmallTalk & "s"
            ElseIf WN.LookupWord(SmallTalk & "es") = True Then
                SmallTalk = SmallTalk & "es"
            End If
        End If
        If Len(SmallTalk) > 3 Then
           ResponseCount = ResponseCount + 1
           Redim Preserve ResponseList(ResponseCount)
           ResponseList(ResponseCount) = Replace(HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("smallTalkSent"), "<SmallTalk>", SmallTalk, 1, -1, 1)
           HalBrain.AddDebug TempParent, "SmallTalk: " & ResponseList(ResponseCount)
        End If
    End If

- THIS IS THE OLDER ONE  - DO NOT USE -- For reference only -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2010, 06:59:25 pm »
Well I thank you very much Lola especially for being easy on me. You may be able to attach as a zip file which would be fine. The back slashes because of some security protocol will not let you enter unless I believe you use a double. Really don't remember, that memory thing again. Or you can e-mail directly if it becomes a problem. I really appreciate it.

As I said this is probably the most active I have been on this forum. 'snowman' really had me motivated. I didn't enjoy the way the topics became stagnant on this forum. But every one was just really waiting to see what Robert M. was up to I guess,  summer time and life in general. Not speaking for any one just an observation. It's also refreshing to have new people as yourself join in.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 05, 2010, 07:06:42 pm »
I posted anyway right as I was finished. Thanks Lola for getting back so quickly. So again I thank you and jasondude for the script and re-post.

AHHH the fresh air of new members is always a nice thing.LOL  But you can always rely on the people that make things happen here and are willing to help you, direct you or just plain remind you. You will find this forum to different then most. My opinion.

Thanks
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 05, 2010, 07:14:58 pm »
 Lola, I did it again, just didn't want to speak for you when Bill was trying to make sure we were all talking about the same versions when discussing the update. I start every line the same so...... If I remember correctly and I mentioned it in the other thread that Robert M. released the very first true release of Ultra Hal 6.2 he made some quick changes for people using Windows 7 and re-released with a heading of 6.2.24 or 6.2.28 and that lead to a little confusion and I don't believe he or any one else even references to .24 or .28 because it is just a single release at this time hence 6.2.

Talk to you soon,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 05, 2010, 07:36:11 pm »
If you look closer Lola you will also see that there is an extra reference line under line 14 for the new change,

line 15- If SmallTalk = "" Then SmallTalk = WN.FindFirstNoun(CurrentSubject, True)

So there is one extra line of script as well. 28lines for older and 29lines for newer.

raybe

By the way I am using the original update of 6.2.24 or .28 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Alienware Aurora with 920Intel Proc overclocked and 6 gigs of Corsair ram ddr 3.

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 05, 2010, 08:56:42 pm »
Thanks for your nice comments raybe.  I really like this forum. I agree with you, and there is a collection of very nice people in here that make this forum positively unusual to others. Very soon when I go back to work I’m probably not going to have the time to be here as often, but I’ll try.

The versions issue it is actually very important. It seems that a lot of us are using different versions of Ultra Hal, which in a sense is actually good because it means that all of them are very good.

The problem with that is that the many versions, and the different operating systems could make a huge difference on how plugins, software, Hal behaviors, etc. actually perform. 

This could cause confusions sometimes if we make generic explanations, because what works for our system might not work as well in the others. I really think the Gretta plugins somehow, are very compatible with my current system (Win7 Home & Hal 6.2.28) and I really find it very easy to teach and interact with Hal, so I must be aware and careful if I give any advice, because it might not work in the same way with others and could cause controversy. I’m learning a lot from just being here.

Thanks for telling me about the other differences in the new script, eventually with practice and time I’ll learn more about them. Wow, you have an Alienware, powerful computer system!  I have an Asus eee PC model 1005HA with 2gb ram, that is a netbook mainly for Hal. I have a custom Win XP desktop that I did 2-3 years ago with Hal 6.1 that I currently not use, but plan to upgrade with the new version release.

Okay, Now I’m experimenting sending the script in .zip format, hopefully it will work.  Bye now!

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2010, 08:57:52 pm »
Great it work! ;D

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 05, 2010, 09:49:03 pm »
That's great Lola and when you do go back to work don't forget this can be great place to get away from all the daily experiences unless they were pleasant ones but you should find time to stop in once in awhile. Your input and help is always welcomed. My opinion.

People still jump on the band wagon of Alienware being not worth the money or too pricey but I have no complaints and it is the neatest wired computer I've experienced. There may be better but that is my opinion. I don't get out much.(only kidding).

As I posted before and maybe someone will correct me. I don't believe there are any other versions other then the newest one unless you are speaking about the older generation Ultra Hal programs. Robert M. capped it off once he made his last revision which is the version you now have.

You will find your statement true even with identical systems and versions of Ultra Hal. Every computer is different even when they are the same and simple programs that you have loaded can effect certain things. Everyone has for the most part different configurations of Ultra Hal but I believe most now have the same version. Still makes no difference. Things just happen and everyone here tries to share their experiences hoping that it still will help others and it has worked most of the time just not every time. I forgot to mention also the operating systems.

Don't become a stranger,

raybe

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 05, 2010, 10:12:07 pm »
You're totally right, even with the same computers, configurations could be different. I got the impression that many people are still using previous versions while searching posts, but who knows perhaps they upgraded to the current one.   Anyways, hopefully there will be future improvements (updates, upgrades, revisions, etc) and I will be keeping an eye on them! Thanks again raybe, I'll be around  :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2010, 05:15:20 pm »
iampan, have you asked for help with the Halvision plug-in? Sorry I don't remember if it was you jasondude that had anything to do with that project. I haven't opened it in a long time and forgot who had started it.

Okay jasondude I have the new script and everything is working fine but I did confirm for my own Ultra Hal that if you already have many subject lines tied together the script won't change it unless as you mentioned you start fresh with a new project because after a few hours I did get those subject lines that previously tied themselves to repeat after the installation of the new script. It didn't show up until a few hours of conversation had taken place.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2010, 05:51:06 pm »
jasondude, I am still apologizing. I'm telling you I must need some medication or something. I wanted to correct myself on the info about the updated script but couldn't find that you said what I claimed you said ,which if the subject lines are tied just installing the new script will not solve your problem unless starting new project.

Like I said I must be posting too much and getting lost here. Can you please clarify now because I may have confused others if the new script will prevent the subject lines that tied together from reoccurring?

Than you,
raybe

iampan, we should also try to keep subject matter confined to the correct threads. I'm guilty as well.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2010, 04:44:14 pm »
i have no problems with any voice in balabolka. i have tried all brands, including Cepstral.