dupa

Author Topic: RE: Integrating HAL  (Read 6589 times)

darkadam

• View Profile
RE: Integrating HAL
« on: September 14, 2009, 04:01:17 am »
Hi, is it possible to integrate HAL into another software ?
For example, My software will feed in a string, Hal processes it and returns another string/voice. IF this is possible, what would the cost be like ? I'm working on a project in my local university and am thinking of using HAL in my software if possible.
Cheers !

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:06:49 am »
Yes Using visual basic, a reference can be added to the ultrhallasst.dll

the hal 6.2 will need to be fully installed on your system.....

The Cost would be BUYING THE FULL HAL 6.2

And If You would like to redistribute the project, COntact will have to made with the owner of the software MR MEDSUKA....Lovely guy....
to give you permission to REUSE THE DLLS....

PERHAPS ITS TIME TO GO OPEN SOURCE ---- A HAL SDK KIT WOULD BE VERY USEFULL... Just the DLLs... and Brainfiles and a Sample Wrapper program. as with the HAL ALICE.... although relegated now.. but usefull wrapper to access the wordnet...

as hal is the definitive Wordnet links...

I would like to see the WORDNET Part of the Hal Seperated into such as a sdk kit as there is no other real wordnet Re-useable projects out there and the ones that there is, are not very good, and unable to re-use...

I would Definatly like to see a SDK .... I think that this is the next step in hals eveolution.... Just before the massive Upgrade task... in to the .NET Style!..... the SDK could also contain a Real Early version of hal ie: HAL3 or 4.5 .... as a FREE INSTALL

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 10:51:25 am »
Attached is a zip file with a sample VB.NET 2008 project and a VB6 project showing exactly how to integrate Hal as you mention. Requires a licensed copy of Hal on the system but no additional cost beyond that and contact me if you plan on redistributing it.

Download Attachment: SimpleHal.zip
79.7 KB
Robert Medeksza

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 10:23:45 pm »
You Rock Robert!!!
Live long and prosper or die trying.

darkadam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 12:08:35 am »
Thanks Mr Medsuka ! I'll give it a try first. Nope, no plans to redistribute it, unless submitting it to my professor counts as redistribution :D

Wow ! I didn't know there was a HAL Alice ! My project involves something like that but using the Torque Game Engine, which is coded in c++

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 12:33:46 am »
thanks robert[:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 08:17:36 am »
hello robert now that i see you are back on here in writting do you have any idea when the next version of hal will be coming out out ? i think most on here are all ready for the next version to see what all it and we can do with it !![:)]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 12:12:59 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hello robert now that i see you are back on here in writting do you have any idea when the next version of hal will be coming out out ? i think most on here are all ready for the next version to see what all it and we can do with it !![:)]

A small update to Hal has been released to address Haptek performance issues on multicore systems. Besides that update, I'm not sure when the new Hal with the Zabaware character engine will be released, hopefully soon but I don't know. The engine itself is pretty much complete, it's just a funding issue right now to pay for artwork.
Robert Medeksza

JohnSFV1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 01:06:49 am »
Robert

I hope the update being able to select a mic port (usb)

hoping this might make the wizard could not load window in Vista

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 11:25:40 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

Attached is a zip file with a sample VB.NET 2008 project and a VB6 project showing exactly how to integrate Hal as you mention. Requires a licensed copy of Hal on the system but no additional cost beyond that and contact me if you plan on redistributing it.

Download Attachment: SimpleHal.zip
79.7 KB

A GOOD IDEA... thanks although already doing a simular thang. Now We CAN Expose hal to some TWEAKING!!!  

even may be an idea to to develop a fourum catagory for People Working On HAL within Other PROJECTS IE: Custom .NET and VB6 opps not for getting the others "JAVA and C++"

Also Great news about the Redistrubution aspects, as i suspected! GOOD THINGS.... 1.Question When redistributing, Should i inculde the PAID VERSIONS of the DLL's or the TRIAL?.... It really makes no difference to the APP....

PS: i already have bought my FULL HAL....<<<<HAL5>>>