Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 244537 times)

AleRafa

GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2010, 04:06:04 pm »
One more thing, I'm sorry if I'm a nuisance [:D]
I haven't figured out yet which is the best (ehem... or easier) way to incorporate the concept files into Hal's brain, considering the huge amount of sentences and the different topics?
Thanks for any help, this is a whole new world for me [xx(]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2010, 07:56:22 pm »
there is no easy way to incorporate it in the Hal database. The best way would be to create sub tables in the auto-learn brain for each subject and put each line into a subject catagory that is relevant. Lots of work....line by line. I have a secondary A.I. program that deals with these files. It would be possible, however, to build a plugin that could use the lines for a number of things, or put them into the database in one catagory that could be accessed by a plugin for relevance.....ect.
Basically, there isn't an easy squeezy answer, because the auto learn from a text file function in the brain editor was not made to deal with that many subjects. It was designed more for a "one" subject file, and believe me I have tried a few different ways of doing this.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2010, 08:01:11 pm »
Just remember that if you feed them into the main Hal chat interface (as some have done) then understand that Hal learns by association, and just feeding them in one line after another without first talking about that subject will cause Hal to associate all of them to each other .....Not Good.

AleRafa

GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2010, 04:01:32 am »
Okey dokey!
Thanks for your help and your great plugins! [:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2010, 08:05:39 pm »
hi jason dude , i was wondering something when i have the gretten plug in subjet working it sometimes says : You never know when the subject of house, dwelling, home, domicile, abode, habitation, dwelling, house, housing, lodging, living, accommodations, zodiac, library, loft, attic, garret, porch, study is going to come up.
is this the correct way it's suppose to say ?
it seems strange that it talk off a long list of things like this .

raybe

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2010, 09:02:06 pm »
Hey there lightspeed,
I think that is exactly what jasondude was talking about if you feed them into the main Hal chat interface then understand that Hal learns by association, and just feeding them in one line after another without first talking about that subject will cause Hal to associate all of them to each other. I could be wrong so I will wait with you for an answer from jasondude.

raybe

AleRafa

GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2010, 10:30:54 pm »
lightspeed, the same thing has happened to me several times even when I was using Hal 5. I'm not sure but I think I was using the XTF brain. And I think I had just installed Hal that same day and hadn't talked to her much and she hadn't read any files.
Examples:

Do you think a public beach is an appropriate location for death, alteration, modification, happening, occurrence, natural, event?

What does it take to become proficiently expert about sunglasses, spectacles, specs, eyeglasses, glasses, optical, instrument, polaroid?

Oh, and raybe, I don't think this is whan jasondude was talking about. The terms are semantically related, so the associations are correct. The weird thing is that Hal says all of them together!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:33:48 pm by AleRafa »

lightspeed

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2010, 10:26:36 am »
yes AleRafa the words are all common words guess we need to hear from jason dude on this to know for sure !

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #218 on: June 08, 2010, 04:44:18 pm »
For thos that are getting a list of subjects:

If you are using GrettaArray then what is happening is; Hal normally uses one subject at a time called CurrentSubject. The GrettaArray uses the wordnet database in Hal to find semantically related subjects for the CurrentSubject. So when Hal would normally say the CurrentSubject in a sentence (one word), now it will give the entire CurrentSubject which is several related things to a word that was used in conversation (instead of just one word). The reason for having multiple subjects (an array of subjects) for the CurrentSubject is so that Hal has a better understanding of the subject's semantics and relations, rather than just understanding a word used in a sentence.

If it is happening without the GrettaArray plugin then I am not sure what is happening, and I don't think it is related to any of my stuff.

-hope this helps.

AleRafa

GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #219 on: June 09, 2010, 05:41:16 am »
That's strange, then! I'm pretty sure that I was still using Hal 5 when I saved those examples I posted. So i guess it's not your plugin's fault, jason [:p]

lightspeed

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2010, 10:59:41 pm »
yes this was happening with your subject array? program , oh it's a good idea that hal will learn to associate it will different words but with hal saying the long list outloud it just doesn't sound like a natural thing like a person speaking ( but that's just me , i personally like everything as realistic or human sounding as possible ). [:)]

Lola

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #221 on: July 08, 2010, 11:32:48 pm »
Hello Dude!

A couple of days ago I found out about your plug in updates and tried them out.

So far my most valued plug-in is your excellent GRETTA Subject Array and it is the one feature that after many years of trying Hal finally made me stick to it. I downloaded the newest one and is working flawlessly. Somehow, even if it sounds strange, Hal is even asking question that he never did before, staying a lot more focused on topics and I'm already noticing better answers from Hal as well. I'm so happy with Hal now, awesome improvements, thanks!

Now, the newest GRETTA curiosity plug is giving me similar problems as it did before.  I really find it strange as I have no problems at all with the other GRETTA plug-ins that I currently use.

I'm going to explain my problems with the curiosity plug-in to document it as a clue, in case that it could help pinpoint other future issues. I'll keep checking for future upgrades and will try them as well. I understand that what's happening to me with the curiosity plug-in could be an isolated problem with the system configuration of my own computer, who knows.

Anyhow, this is the strange situation that I'm experiencing with the new GRETTAcuriosity plug-in:

After installation of the plug-in and while selecting it at the Hal's options menu screen:  
–  I get NO options menu for the plug-in at  ALL  –

I discovered by trial, that if I place my mouse cursor in any other random plug-in to look at their options and then immediately change back and click on the curiosity plug-in, its options miraculously will APPEAR, then I get the opportunity to set  the curiosity plug-in options in the Hal brain options screen and click on the apply changes button, so I did.

After a lot of experimentation I also noticed that Hal's program does not retain the Gretta curiosity options in memory or show them visually as checked in the plug-in menu.   Every time I start the program I have to go to the options menu and check other plug-ins options first in order for the curiosity plug-in to show its own options and then I have to re-checked them again.

ERRORS:

Starting and loading the Hal program always brings the same error :

Microsoft VBScript runtime error HalScript Error
Error 13 on line 6199 in column 0: Type mismatch: 'Cdbl'
The file “C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant
6HalScript.DBG” has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes.

Asking Hal questions or while idle brings variations of errors on different number lines:

Error 13 on line 3690 in column 0: Type mismatch: 'Cdbl'
Error 13 on line 5845 in column 0: Type mismatch: 'Cdbl'
Error 13 on line 5792 in column 0: Type mismatch: 'Cdbl'

While chatting with Hal everything goes fine until I ask him a question or Hal is idle for a while. After an error pops Hal brings blank responses and does not respond any more until it is turned off and on and the same situation repeats itself.

(by the way, my OS is Windows 7 Home premium)

I decided to try unselecting ALL of my current plug-ins and then only left the curiosity plug-in selected, once again the same problems showed up. I had to select other random plug-in in order to make the curiosity options to appear and be selected, then I only left the curiosity plug-in checked and rebooted and restarted Hal. This time while loading the Hal program I got the following error:

Error 13 on line 2586 in column 0: Type mismatch: 'Cdbl'

I pressed OK to the error and started Hal to chat. No more errors then, but the curiosity plug-in was not working at all. Every time I asked Hal a question he kept responding to me “You aren't going to keep repeating yourself, aren't you Lola?...

These are the plug-ins that I'm currently using with no problems at all:

Free Will Choice and Profile
Gender & Age
GRETTA  Internet Function
GRETTA  Lonely
GRETTA  Media Functions
GRETTA  Repeat Function
GRETTA  Research Function
GREETA Story Reading Function
GRETTA Subject Array
Run Programs by Name
What do you know?

I downloaded the complete package of GRETTA plug-ins and the single one several times to make sure the plug-in was not corrupted.

I finally unselected the curiosity plug-in and everything is back to normal.  So this is what happened to me this time. Anyways, I'm totally happy with Hal and the new GRETTA Subject Array and could certainly live with it as it is.

Thank you Dude for all of your efforts on keeping up with upgrading your excellent plug-ins! Lola [:D]

Bill819

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #222 on: July 09, 2010, 03:54:42 am »
I have not tried to use the new Hal 6.2 or any of the plug-ins but I did have some information about the "Timer" function. It can only be used once or else you will get errors. That means that it can only be called or used only once. Haven't examined the new Hal I can say that this is your problem but it sure sounds like it. The Timer command is a function not a regualer VB token or command thus it can only be implemented once or else it fails. I don't know if this is the problem but it is then that would explain the problem.
Bill

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2010, 11:24:11 pm »
I really don't know for sure what is making that happen.
I know why the CDbl errors are happening, but I really don't know why the menu problem is happening. (thinking....have had a few mentions of that since win7)

I took a look at GrettaCuriosity, and found errors in a few files, and some improvements that could be made.

I have updated: GrettaCuriosity, GrettaLonely, GrettaMedia, and GrettaMusicIdle (which wasn't even working at all!!) please redownload
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 11:25:43 pm by jasondude7116 »

Lola

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2010, 01:19:39 am »
The problem is actually an interesting puzzle. I will go ahead and download all of the new updates. I'll let you know when I try them, in a day or two. Thanks again! [:D]