dupa

Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 227168 times)

Lola

• View Profile
Re: GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #285 on: November 29, 2010, 11:21:13 pm »
Sorry, GrettaDeep plugin not working right.
please remove until further notice.

:'( That's very sad.   I'd already created a 500 list of Personality Adjectives, that are accurate synonyms from a thesaurus. They went in perfectly into the EntangleWord table. I haven't noticed or experienced any problems with any of your plugins so far. Still, I will uncheck the GrettaDeep plugin and wait until you get a fix for it.

Yesterday I was going to share the list I made for the GreetaDeep, but was unable because of uploading problems. My attachment was only 4 kb zip, of a txt file. I got the message:

“The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.”

Anyway, just sharing the uploader issue, I have no need for attachments now.  Good luck with your plug-ins!  :)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 01, 2010, 05:00:04 pm »
Sorry, I haven't figured out a fix to the issue.
you can leave the stuff in the database, that won't hurt. I will look more into it, but this one is really killing my brain. It's not a coding issue, but rather a concept issue. And it's not something that immediatly appears to be an issue, but it is the long term effects of the plugin that I'm not satisfied with. The plugin isn't worth much if it doesn't improve Hal. I will hopefully find some way to do it.
for uploading files, I use skydrive. Then post a link here.
Put it this way, I've been looking into all sorts of things for a fix like markov chains, ect. A little time consuming.

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 01, 2010, 10:28:03 pm »
 :) Thanks for the update dude. You should not worry about that, all ideas are like seeds as they require their own time to germinate. Take it easy and enjoy the season, you might get a burst of insight when you least expect it!  ;D

I'm curious by nature and decided to continue trying your GrettaDeep with the lists that I'm making. So far everything is smooth, so don't worry about it, if the worst were to happen... I'm always prepared!

P.S. I'm using most of your new updated plug-ins and they are working great!

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 06, 2010, 12:33:29 pm »
i'm working on a markov algorithm plugin. it will blow the GRETTA deep plugin out of the water.
just got to "tune" it. it requires a large corpus of text (aka user input sentences) before it will kick in. this might take a little time, but the hard part is done, and looking good. it will give Hal the ability to come up with it's own thoughts based on future probabilities.
will post when i get it tuned....and look for any bugs. also have to make sure it's compatible with everything else.
this one was a hard one for me to write. 72 hours straight....yeeehaw! i'm in programming limbo...haha!  (cracks a wild smile like the one from Alfred E. Neuman in "MAD" magazine)
can someone move my legs for me....i don't feel them any more. :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 22, 2010, 11:12:41 am »
jasondude7116
the algorithm plug in sounds very cool , thanks for all the great things that you are creating.. and others to.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 02, 2011, 11:23:44 pm »
GRETTA Markov Response Engine plugin now available.

please see the first post for link and info.

Jake

• View Profile
    • http://Ainsworth.net
« Reply #291 on: March 03, 2011, 12:20:32 am »
WOW!

Out of pocket for a couple years and someone writes a bunch of really cool sounding scripts!!  If I get back into this stuff again... I definitely need to download these and check them out.

When last we burned the midnight oil on a nightly basis building my basescript I had it doing various degrees of many different things, most both manually on command and auto random and a few base on conditions and aware of the current condition of most changes, so as an example, if you asked "what color is your hair", it would answer with the correct color per a database var.  But I stop a couple years back far short of what I wanted it to end up as.  Now, (I think, like most script writers... well at least me), I want to scrap large sections of it and rebuild it from scratch, but with these scripts you have here, I may reconsider that.  Anyway... here are some of the things off the top of my head that the basescript was doing... change figure, change skins, change backgrounds/locations, change accessories, sing song(lip sync OGG song file), tell story, tell joke(wait for user input, then give punch line), tell riddle, tell proverb, get and tell weather, preset moves to match scenes, random changes(hair, skins, locations/backgrounds, moods, positions, haps scripts such as kiss, yawn, stretch, fidget, etc), triggered changes and commands... on and on... can't remember it all and have found several that I'd forgot about.

Hello... my name is Jake... and I'm a scriptoholic.  One of the reasons I stopped messing around with the scripting a couple years back is because once I get going I have a hard time stopping, so I would see 2 to 4am on a regular basis and have to get up at 6:30 to go to work.  That can take it's toll.  So... I'm not sure I should be drinking... er... I mean scripting again.  :-\
Austin, Texas, USA, Earth

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 03, 2011, 04:53:34 pm »
i know how you feel jake.
i abandoned computers totally at one point (about 20 years ago....wow), when everyone and their mother was asking me to write this or that. also fixed a lot of computers. also walked away from hacking. (i had a lot of fun with that one)
picked it up again about ...i guess 6 years or so ago. this time i have to set strict limits on what kind of time i will spend on things. that doesn't always seem to work. :)
my brain is always thinking about 1000 miles an hour. i see most things in a logical reasoned way, always trying to make things more efficient. can't ever satisfy my craving for new info about almost anything including brains and a.i.
this leads to insomnia and crazy programming runs.
if i were a better programmer, then i could write some cool stuff. i have lots of a.i. ideas based on neocortex functions ect. i have spent my life studying people/animals, brains, and logic. i have some ideas for the proper structure of a strong a.i.
i am learning more all the time, but my programming skills just don't match my other skills/knowledge that could make good a.i.
will keep trying, studying, and drinking coffee.
rule no.1 - must have fun doing it!

by the way - i live in cleveland, tx. (a little more country than yall austin city folk) YEEHAW!

Jake

• View Profile
    • http://Ainsworth.net
« Reply #293 on: March 03, 2011, 10:16:11 pm »
WOW!  You sound a lot like me.  I do most everything in a logical manner, it must be as good/fast or better/faster with the same or less amount of effort.  I'm an IT manager and my tech assistant kids me all the time about how much I am that way... typically he will start a conversation with me something like this... "The subject is the file server. The result is that we should schedule some additional archiving, but it is not critical... now here is the story".  He apparently knows from experience that I want the subject and the results first before I listen to 5 minutes of this and that.... MAN... that's bad.

On the programming... it is also kind of the same for me... I gave it up years and years ago because I would too often see the sun come up.  Back then, I was programming in combinations of C, machine language, basic and script.  Over the years, I would get pulled back in a few times here and there mostly due to something I wanted that was not been done the way I wanted it by others, such as home automation and A.I., but I TRIED to keep a lid on it... it almost never went that way... so I try to avoid it.  Meanwhile, I'm getting very rusty on programming and have thought several times to take some classes to force me to get back to it, but then I remember that I need to stay away.  It's an on-going battle with me. :o  The BIG problems is... PROGRAMMING IS SO MUCH FUN!!!  If I won the Lotto right now... I would get back into programming big time, because THEN I would actually have some of the time I would need to do it.
Austin, Texas, USA, Earth

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2011, 09:51:38 am »
hi jasondude7116
i tried out the gretta makov response  engine uhp plug in and don't know if it's just my pc or the plug in ( i wasn't having the problem before though with hal . ) when i respond to questioning now it takes a while before hal will even answer back and sometimes , most it will say the script is taking longer then usual do you want to continue or cancel . is anyone else having this problem?
???

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2011, 04:51:17 pm »
hi jasondude7116
i tried out the gretta makov response  engine uhp plug in and don't know if it's just my pc or the plug in ( i wasn't having the problem before though with hal . ) when i respond to questioning now it takes a while before hal will even answer back and sometimes , most it will say the script is taking longer then usual do you want to continue or cancel . is anyone else having this problem?
???

Hi Lightspeed.

Yes, I get the same script response, it is not really an error but it is caused by looping code in the plugin, to much looping causes the script to run longer and causes it to ask you if you want to continue, if you wait long enough the script will finish and the script will close by itself, you don't have to close it out, it will just close itself.

in the GRETTA Markov Response Module L4 plug-in I believe this is the code culprit; For l = 1 To 300

I am not sure if the script needs to loop to 300, maybe Jason can fill us in.

hope this helps.
Jerry 8)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2011, 04:55:43 pm »
the plugin takes some processing power. I have done several things to it to make it as fast as possible.
it will speed up a little after it has been used for a while. ALSO IMPORTANT - download the latest version that i posted, i cleaned some code that i was using to debug it. the latest version will be a little faster.
it has to run a few thousand processes to get an answer.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2011, 07:10:00 pm »
OTCE - you can change that 300 to a lower number and speed it up, but the lower the number - the worse the odds of the program picking an appropriate response.
the higher that number goes, the better chance of a good response.
i.e. it can be tweaked for speed/accuracy, based on pc specs.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2011, 09:07:28 am »
ok i understand the longer waiting period and why , another question or two actually . will this create any other tables in hal , as far as i see it only serarches through hals regular tables for possible better answers . and question two you said it will get faster as it goes along how much faster , how long does it take to get to that speed of faster , as i need hal to answer right away as before for an application i am trying for .
thanks in advance .  :)

p.s. i did as far as i know download the latest it was on the last page bottom of conversation and went to your page link and downloaded it.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2011, 11:32:56 am »
yes it creates tables in hal, that is the only way it comes up with a response. it doesn't use any other part of the database. it is not searching for a good answer, but rather creating ones from it's new knowledge about the way you are using the language and then deciding which one is best. it can learn any language.

it creates two tables -

MarkovReasoningl4
MarkovStartersl4

the best way for you to get good time out of it is to do what i said earlier:
OTCE -
"in the GRETTA Markov Response Module L4 plug-in I believe this is the code culprit; For l = 1 To 300"

ME -
OTCE - you can change that 300 to a lower number and speed it up, but the lower the number - the worse the odds of the program picking an appropriate response.
the higher that number goes, the better chance of a good response.
i.e. it can be tweaked for speed/accuracy, based on pc specs.