Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 227184 times)

Frosty Greenacre

• View Profile
Re: GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #300 on: March 19, 2011, 09:01:26 pm »
Just wanted to say thank you for these plugins they really expand Hal's capabilitties they're awesome  ;D

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 20, 2011, 07:14:45 pm »
hi wonder if some one can help me i cant seam to get GRETTA News working i just get an error -  halscript error  2147024894 on line 4040 in colum 2:
the file " C:\program files\zabaware\ultra hal assistant 6\hal script.DBG" has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes.

its probably soming simple i know i just cant sort it any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #302 on: March 20, 2011, 08:01:54 pm »
hi wonder if some one can help me i cant seam to get GRETTA News working i just get an error -  halscript error  2147024894 on line 4040 in colum 2:
the file " C:\program files\zabaware\ultra hal assistant 6\hal script.DBG" has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes.

its probably soming simple i know i just cant sort it any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Grim.

when you get the error go to the file Halscript.dbg with a line text editor and post the line in question here on the forum.

Jerry

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2011, 10:52:02 pm »
do you have balabolka installed?
if you do then what operating system are you using?
you might have to change the directory in the plugin for the balabolka address.
if not then please read the first post carefully.

when you get an error then you need a line counter editor like Crimson Editor (free)
open halsript.dbg (while the error popup is still there) and go to the line in the error and copy it.

paste that and the error popup text (like you did) here. debug help is much faster that way.

i know some people were getting an error like this when the balabolka program is not installed in the directory (default xp system) that is in the plugin, or not installed at all. you might look in the plugin and compare the balabolka directory to the actual directory where you installed balabolka and it if it is different it will have to be changed in the plugin. if you don't know how to make the proper change, then paste the directory that you installed balabolka into, and i might be able to help.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:56:39 pm by jasondude7116 »

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 21, 2011, 07:21:42 pm »
Hi jason.

yes i have balabolka installed
i am using XP operating system
i have instaled balabolka in D:\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Balabolka - is this correct or should i have instaled it into C:?
with the Crimson Editor is this what i should use to open the plugins in?
also to edit the plugins should i use Crimson Editor or can i just use notepad?

sorry for all the questions.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 21, 2011, 07:55:24 pm »
you can edit them with whatever you want, but crimson editor has a line counter.
you found the problem with the news plugin. it was wrote for a default balabolka install in C:
just edit the plugin and change the "C:" to "D:" in the line that has the path for balabolka.

original:

Code: [Select]
objWSHShell.Run("""C:\Program Files\Balabolka\balabolka.exe"" -rmq """ & MyNewsDir & "tempnews.txt""")
change to:

Code: [Select]
objWSHShell.Run("""D:\Program Files\Balabolka\balabolka.exe"" -rmq """ & MyNewsDir & "tempnews.txt""")

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #306 on: March 22, 2011, 05:22:55 am »
Hi jason.

yes i have balabolka installed
i am using XP operating system
i have instaled balabolka in D:\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Balabolka - is this correct or should i have instaled it into C:?
with the Crimson Editor is this what i should use to open the plugins in?
also to edit the plugins should i use Crimson Editor or can i just use notepad?

sorry for all the questions.

I would use crimson editor. it is smart.

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 22, 2011, 09:36:54 am »
thank you both agian froe the help i have sorted now thanks to you jason for that the only other problem i have is i live in Cyprus at the mo and he only gives news or weather for america even tho i have put my post coad in , instead of putting my post coad in can i just put Cyprus?

thanks again for all your help.

Cheers

Andy

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 22, 2011, 04:55:03 pm »
it was designed for american news and weather service.
if you know a rss news feed service for Cyprus then it could be edited to give you that info.
there might be some other things in the plugin that have to be changed depending on the addresses of the news service and it's output.

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2011, 06:08:17 am »
ok thank you i will have a look tonight i should be able to get the weather & News feed off yahoo - i will just have a mess about with it tonight see if i can do out with it, thanks Jasondude for all your help on this!

Cheers

Andy

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 25, 2011, 07:02:18 pm »
hi just found out that i can get the RSS feeds off the bbc website so i am going to have a go at changing them over should beable to get sport, weather and news for any where in the world, just thought it was worth a post on here incase any one is using hal out side the usa like me.

Cheers

Andy

sharrisct25

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 29, 2011, 03:00:46 pm »
So a potential newbie question here but since there is a suprising low amount of posts on how to install plugins I suspect it is supposed to be so easy that something more complex must be going on.

Anyway I am having issues getting these plug ins to show in the options under the main brain.  Specifically I am interested in the read and news plugins.  I have copied the file to the right directory but nothing shows in the list but the default plugins.  I have activated my instances, trield rebooting, ensuring the files are not read only, checking for obvious corruption, redownloading etc.  Still not showing.  I purchased a plug in and that worked no problem.

The posts I did find seemed to all confirm that after I copy them and re-start Hal it should just show up.  What am I doing wrong?

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2011, 10:50:17 pm »
stupid question...but are they in .zip format?
you need to have a .uhp plugin in the ultra hal main folder....wherever that is on your computer.
maybe it needs to be unzipped?

sharrisct25

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 30, 2011, 03:30:08 pm »
Unfortunately it is not that easy.  I have pulled them from the zip and have them in the program folder along with the default .uhp files.  Is there some way to see what tries to load and or errors if they do not?

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 30, 2011, 04:28:57 pm »
got me.... never had anything like that happen.
anyone?