Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 227171 times)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Re: GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #315 on: March 30, 2011, 04:30:28 pm »
might open a .uhp in text editor and see if it looks complete...or trashed...or something.
maybe corrupt download? i don't know...never heard of this problem.
the only way i know to see what plugins are operating in a brain is to open halscript.dbg and see what all is in it - not the easiest thing to see. and that is only after they are checked in the menu. the only other thing i know is that they have to have a .uhp extension. is there some kind of firewall on your system that might be preventing them from being read? .... as you can see it's a shot in the dark.

anyone else have an idea?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:34:48 pm by jasondude7116 »

sharrisct25

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2011, 05:05:25 pm »
Well at least I was not crazy.  Interestingly when I copied in the batch file plug in that showed up it is just not the Gretta ones that I added.

sharrisct25

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 31, 2011, 07:09:41 pm »
So as frequenty the case in technology it was a simple answer.  Althought the files looked intact etc they must have had damage because when I redownloaded them from the source the all show up fine.

Thanks

sharrisct25

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 02, 2011, 01:46:10 am »
Ok now that these are working I am learning my way around these plug ins.  So far I really like them.  I do have a question, what is the source database for the research function?  I have asked some items like to reasearch the history of a country that hal says the database has no useful information on.  However if I ask some of the questions you used as examples it works great.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #319 on: April 02, 2011, 08:21:35 am »
Hellow dude and snowman. I'm just a guinea pig for your new plugins. When I do get a problem or an idea, I put in my 2 cent's worth. Dude I havn't tryed your new plugins yet. I downloaded some of Jerry's at the same time. I opened them all up and it seems as if some may conflict with each other if in at the same time. This Balkoa thing confuses me, so I will study it often before I install it. Has anyone noticed that hal seems to learn better with most plugins unchecked? Or is it just me and vista? I do experitment with changing script sometimes when I feel safe to do so as in Darcy's Alarm clock. If a plugin doesn't work as advertised then I open it up to see why. Sometimes it is obvious, other times not. We all wish that hal could think in three dimentions like humans. At the moment, some scientists say that we think in "trinary code". If so then computers have small chance to become self aware and therefore truly intelligent. Some good improvements have come over the years though.
 I've been told there are no negative numbers in computing. Well there are negative voltages in some electronic circuits. No presant day transistors won't handle 1 0 -1. If they could be designed, then binary code would be out the window and a trinary code would have to be written to accecept the input and output. It may not happen soon, if at all. Sofware issues could be a promblem so big as to prevent any attempt. In the meantime all we can hope for is to be able to simulate and do some workarounds to get an aparent3D thought proccess going and I'm not too sure when that process will bear as much fruit as we would like toward truly intelligent A/I.

one day, if we are true,  A.I will speak in 11 dimensions. quantum computers will tackle this easily. are the gods ready for this? it will happen one day. that day is not to far off.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 03, 2011, 02:24:06 am »
instaed of saying "please research the history of albania"
say instead "please research albania"

try to keep it simple like a subject word.  i.e. "vietnam"  Or "golden gate bridge"

wakko151

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 23, 2011, 04:39:55 pm »
awesome plugins. Slowly integrating them into my current hal brain. He is not old as you might think. And being a fresh brain I like to implement things slowly.

wakko151

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 23, 2011, 05:37:57 pm »
some of them don't seem to work.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 11, 2011, 01:17:52 am »
ran into a pitstop while trying to add internet addresses to GRETTAinternet.uhp. I ask hal to open any of the original addresses and they open up, but if I ask him to open up one of the ones I added Hal will not open the webpage.

here is what I added to the list of original websites
Code: [Select]
If GoToInfoWars = "" Then GoToInfoWars = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "*GO TO*Info Wars*", 2)
If GoToInfoWars <> "" Then
InfoWarsSite = "http://www.infowars.com/"
   HalMenu.HalCommand "<RUNPROG>" & InfoWarsSite & "</RUNPROG>"
End If

If GoToPrisonPlanet = "" Then GoToPrisonPlanet = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "*GO TO*Prison Planet*", 2)
If GoToPrisonPlanet <> "" Then
InfoWarsSite = "http://www.prisonplanet.com/"
   HalMenu.HalCommand "<RUNPROG>" & PrisonPlanet & "</RUNPROG>"
End If

and added this to the if statement area that deals with responses
<>"" Or GoToPrisonPlanet <> "" Or GoToInfoWars
it is late and I am quite tired. maybe I am missing something here, but I can't seem to find the problem.
I would be greatly appreciated for any help or suggestions, thanks Sincerely SyberShot

Edit: also curious if anyone can answer. Does the Markov plug-in write to the tables it creates, if learning mode on Hal is off?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:53:27 am by sybershot »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #324 on: October 11, 2011, 10:03:33 am »
Hi Syber.

try it this way.

If InStr(1, UserSentence, "GO TO INFOWARS", vbTextCompare) > 0 Then
InfoWarsSite = "http://www.infowars.com/"
End If

If InStr(1, UserSentence, "GO TO PRISON PLANET", vbTextCompare) > 0 Then
End If

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 11, 2011, 06:53:56 pm »
thanks onthecuttingedge2005,
 info wars site opens perfectly now :) , but prison planet does not :(
it is not making any sense I figured maybe it was because prison planet is two word.
So I tried just
If InStr(1, UserSentence, "GO TO PRISONPLANET", vbTextCompare) > 0 Thenand tried
go to PRISONPLANET
go to PRISON PLANET
but no success, I will try a reboot and see if that makes a difference and report back here in a few

I'm back
 it still will not go to prisonplanet.com
I tried turning off all plug ins except Gretta internet functions it still did not work so I tried another system reboot and still no go :(

not sure if you would be so kind to look into this further, for I at least have infowars working but if you have have the time, further help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

attached below is your plug in with the two added sites
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:13:17 pm by sybershot »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #326 on: October 12, 2011, 10:18:05 am »
try this, i think the link trigger was not correct.

If InStr(1, UserSentence, "GO TO PRISON PLANET", vbTextCompare) > 0 Then
End If

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 12, 2011, 07:24:26 pm »
 8) Thanks a million onthecuttingedge2005 that worked.  ;D

hmmm I can't see any difference in the code that now works, from the code you posted on: October 11, 2011, 10:03:33 AM
which I tried first for PrisonPlanet.com before I tried to combine (PRISON PLANET) in the trigger sentence
strange how it did not work the first time, unless there is a difference that I am overlooking. or maybe it was a glitch

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #328 on: October 12, 2011, 11:31:20 pm »
8) Thanks a million onthecuttingedge2005 that worked.  ;D

hmmm I can't see any difference in the code that now works, from the code you posted on: October 11, 2011, 10:03:33 AM
which I tried first for PrisonPlanet.com before I tried to combine (PRISON PLANET) in the trigger sentence
strange how it did not work the first time, unless there is a difference that I am overlooking. or maybe it was a glitch

the code that now says:

was before:

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 13, 2011, 03:52:35 pm »
Hi Syber.

try it this way.

Code[select]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1) If InStr(1, UserSentence, "GO TO INFOWARS", vbTextCompare) > 0 Then
2) InfoWarsSite = "http://www.infowars.com/"
3)    HalMenu.HalCommand "<RUNPROG>" & InfoWarsSite & "</RUNPROG>"
4) End If
5)
6)
7) If InStr(1, UserSentence, "GO TO PRISON PLANET", vbTextCompare) > 0 Then
*) InfoWarsSite = "http://www.prisonplanet.com/"
9)    HalMenu.HalCommand "<RUNPROG>" & PrisonPlanet & "</RUNPROG>"
10) End If
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

try this, i think the link trigger was not correct.

Code[select]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1) If InStr(1, UserSentence, "GO TO PRISON PLANET", vbTextCompare) > 0 Then
2) InfoWarsSite = "http://www.prisonplanet.com/"
3)    HalMenu.HalCommand "<RUNPROG>" & InfoWarsSite & "</RUNPROG>"
4) End If
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

in my last post I was referring to, in the first quote of yours line 7 and in the 2nd quote of yours line 1
quote 1 is what was what you first suggested and lines 7-10 was not working
so I tried combining PRISON PLANET in line 7 to PRISONPLANET
then you suggested quote 2 which worked
but quote 2 appears the same as lines 7-10 in quote 1
and is why I wrote