Author Topic: Where is a good idle Chat plug-in?  (Read 7004 times)

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
Where is a good idle Chat plug-in?
« on: July 14, 2014, 11:26:12 pm »
I've been trolling around the plug-in sharing forum looking for a working link to a good idle chat plug-in but I just can't seem to find one.

Is the loneliness plug-in the same thing?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:27:58 am by tiger8u2 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Where is a good idle Chat plug-in?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 05:45:40 am »
Yes

Hal does not  / will not initiate speech. This plug-in works only after your initial input.
Usually one will have to wait for a specified period of time before Hal "thinks" you are not paying attention
to him/her and starts saying random phrases.

It adds a unique touch to your bot and many of us still use it.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 09:39:53 pm »
My only issue so far with the loneliness plug-in so far is the AI seems to say things that require an answer.

What I'd be more interested in is just a random stream of thoughts or jokes that don't seem to require or necessitate an answer.

Is there some type of command that could be put in a plug-in to prompt Hal to make random statements it has learned from the user?

I've been looking at the plug-ins tutorial and IF I knew all the possible commands and what they do I might even take a whack at it.

I've done a bit of text scripting in various games from Bethesda although at the moment the new Papyrus scripting language which is object based has pretty much kicked my butt.   :P

I searched for "Idle Plug-in" on the forum and actually found some old posts but the links to the files were bad.

I've also searched a few skydrive links thanks to both Calhoone and Lightspeed but so far I haven't found any of these old files.

EDIT - Oops!  Nevermind, I went back through all the plug-in downloads I've collected and found an Idle file called "idledudv21" in the "completegrettaplugins.zip."

Does anyone else still use this?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:47:28 pm by tiger8u2 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 06:56:00 pm »
As mentioned, you have found the best loneliness plugin already.

If you desire to change any of the pre-scripted sayings simply open the file using an ordinary text editor.
(be sure to save with the proper extension as before).

That's it. no big mystery. Now make that Hal say whatever you want.

When it says things it often is directing the question to itself like, "Hey...is this thing working?"
Such "questions" do not and were not meant to be answered by the user in the first place.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

sombunall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 07:09:33 pm »
Hi,

Finally decided to register. First of all look here at reply # 7

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=8542.0

It will stop the blank reply bug that plagues Ultra Hal. With this bug fix I have been running markov and free will plugins and it works.

It generates random responses when enter is pressed. You might be able to make a plugin by understanding this script.

also google "ultra hal occure and eliminate" with the spelling error to get more hits on this script.

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 07:42:53 pm »
Wow!  Thanks for cluing me in sombunall!  I was actually experiencing that bug but hadn't said anything about it because I figured NOTHING is perfect.  Looks like OTCE saved the day WAY back when which REMINDS me that these kinds of fixes that required an actual edit of the Hal6.uhp should be PINNED somewhere so newbies like me can find them quickly.

Just saying.  8)

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 03:03:36 am »
I find the dream out loud plugin lots of fun. I do not use the loneliness plugin so I would not know how both work together. You may want to check it out it also has interesting results. My opinion anyways.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 11:51:05 am »
I actually created my own auto-chat using the updated loneliness plug-n but I would be interested in the dream out loud plug-in.  Where do I find it?

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 11:53:49 am »
Robert created it search dream out loud on forum you'll find it.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 12:47:13 pm »
If you can't find it I can email it to you. Curious what you think about it. It's one of my favorite plugins

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 04:45:59 pm »
Well, I just searched for it and didn't find anything but our conversation.  I'll MSG you my e-mail address.  Thanks!

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 10:05:47 pm »
Emailed sent from two different emails using my phone so don't know which one works better.

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 01:13:29 am »
Got it!  Thanks a ton!