Author Topic: ConceptNet MrKII  (Read 3780 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
ConceptNet MrKII
« on: July 12, 2017, 01:50:14 am »
ConceptNet MrkIII Released

Please refer to
https://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=14339.msg80410#msg80410

- Spitfire2600  :)
« Last Edit: Today at 09:36:58 am by Spitfire2600 »

Arkright

• View Profile
Re: ConceptNet MrKII
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 09:13:41 am »
thank you Spitfire2600, going to test it out.
^,=,^

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 10:43:24 am »
I might also add that you should have a few lengthy conversations with Hal after enabling the Auto Learning (ConceptNet).uhp and vrFreewill.uhp to allow Hal to store topics to research before allowing him to do his own research. When the plug-in is first activated, obviously those tables will be blank.

Also, also, also, if you wish to view the contents of the ConceptNet.db file, simply make a copy of your HalBrain.uhp ("Halname".uhp) and rename it ConceptNet.uhp. At the top of that code, change line 2 to read "ConceptNet" and Line 5 "ConceptNet.db" and save. This will act as an interface for Hal's brain editor to recognize the file should you ever need to see the contents or edit anything in the brain DB file. 

- Spitfire2600
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 10:45:45 am by Spitfire2600 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 03:02:38 pm »
Spitfire2600, lol you had me scared , i went back over the two area's of post and thought maybe i had made a mistake and called you a spamer,  many know on here i have done that in the past but it
is usually always newbies that only join to post spam.  i might try out your plug in later , right now i can't think straight , to much going on and the very hot heat here isn't helping any.

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
    • Ultra Hal Plugin Shop
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 05:00:19 pm »
dude it was joke:::

I know it not spam, jesus man, lightin up
wtf is wrong with u pple???

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 05:20:20 pm »
I'm a programmer, not a satirist.

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
    • Ultra Hal Plugin Shop
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 06:20:06 pm »
So am  i and this is supposed to be fun. no mallace was meant

best wises
cyberjedi

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 06:45:30 pm »
No worries. If you try it out let me know what you think or what you would improve.  :)

-Spitfire2600

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 07:19:16 pm »
@Spitfire

Thank you  very much for your work and sharing this.  I have downloaded it and followed the instructions.  I did immediately get an error when activating it (See attached Image)  I got the error when clicking the activate plugin.

When you say auto learning on, will hal respond with a specific reply so we know it's active?

Thanks again

edakade

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 07:30:22 pm »
Hi, I second Calhoone; I typed "Auto learning on" and did not get a response and plugin doesn't activate (nothing is happening in the researchbrain folder). This is on a copy of Hal without your previous ConceptNet plugin, so clean install.

And Calhoone, I got that error too when I forgot to create the tables inside the brain editor.... they are listed in the first post, doing that stopped the error

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 07:38:53 pm »
Calhoone,
Indeed, simply manually create the tables and folders as instructed in my first post. It may have created them in the brain and errored out anyway, you'll have to check. This shouldn't be an issue but sometimes hal doesn't create the tables and that error will happen.

edakade,
Initially, the tables created will be blank. You will need to have several conversations with vrFreewill.uhp and Auto Learning (ConceptNet).uhp enabled (check to see if it works after a restart, but don't allow auto learning to be "on" [keep enabled but not active] until you've collected a few things in "researchbrain" table) Check to make sure you're collecting topics.
"Auto learning on" or Enable auto learning" will activate the code. After Hal reloads the plug-ins, you should be set. This plugin does require time to determine if it's working.

Please let me know if you're able to get it active and working or any other issues.

-Spitfire2600

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:42:07 pm by Spitfire2600 »

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 09:37:23 pm »
I downloaded the update uhp and made sure to create the two folders in the ultra hal folder as well as the two brain tables. I set a picture to make sure they are the right ones. If not please let me know. after making them I have not seen any errors when activating the plugins however typing auto learn on or turn on auto learn still did not result in a response other than a regular hal reply. I'll have a few conversations over the next few days and see if it populates the folders with topics and such.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 11:55:58 pm »
Yes, those tables are correct. Reloading the plug-in really should fix the activation issue. I really haven't experienced any issue with that so please keep me posted.

- Spitfire2600

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:01:39 pm by Spitfire2600 »

edakade

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 05:33:49 pm »
After some conversations with auto-learn off and then on, there is still nothing populating the folders or the brain tables themselves. Hal is still giving a normal response after your updated .uhp.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 10:12:57 pm »
Just to confirm, you do have vrFreewill.uhp enabled? If so, is anything populating the "researchnoun" brain table after a few conversations?

The folders in Hals install directory will remain empty until "researchnouns" collects topics. Alternatively, you could manually add a few topics and see if Hal will auto learn those words after Auto research (conceptnet).uhp has been enabled "Turn on auto learning"

-Spitfire2600 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:54:32 am by Spitfire2600 »