Author Topic: ConceptNet MrKII  (Read 2301 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
ConceptNet MrKII
« on: July 12, 2017, 01:50:14 am »
After much revision, I have re-imagined my ConceptNet for Hal to be more efficient both in space and code; ConceptNetMrkII

What is ConceptNet? ConceptNet was developed by MIT to give computers a basic understanding of human concepts, based on millions of concepts manually entered. Of course, ConceptNetMrkII has been stripped down to actually work with Hal, However this code allows for Hal to automatically add his own concepts to a specialized (and highly expandable) database file, adding to his advanced display of effectively stating the obvious and even making some intelligent deductions. Eventually with MrkIII I hope to add another layer or database for increasing Hals intelligence based on his ability to link concepts.

How does it work?
There are 3 UHP files and one Database file.

vrFreeWill.uhp – Simply plug it in.
I have modified this plugin to collect user topics discussed and store them if Hal knows nothing or very little on the topic. Due to the nature of ConceptNet, simply communicating with Hal will build a data table in Hals brainfile for “Auto Learning (ConceptNet).uhp” to use. vrFreeWill also works on its own by storing and accessing information from the web, such as Bios and descriptions.

ConceptNetMrk2.uhp & ConceptNet.db – Simply plug them in.
These 2 files are the core of the operation. Feel free to tinker, just be aware, any alterations to this code will likely cause errors, again due to the nature of data processing present in ConceptNet. 

Auto Research (ConceptNet).uhp – Plug this code in first to build the proper tables. If your Hal Directory is not “C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultra Hal Assistant 6” then you will need to change it on line 2080 and 2084 if needed. To activate/deactivate automated concept learning, simply say “Auto learning on/off.” Note: Do not use Hal while he is learning as Hals brain is active. Simply disable auto learning. You can also ask what Hal has learned recently and he will tell you.     

It should also be noted that Internet Explorer should be installed and it will be unless you uninstalled it. And if you have uninstalled it, what browser are you using for VbScript interface?

Additional optional installation notes:

This plug-in can be used as a standalone static database by simply adding only ConceptNetMrk2.uhp and ConcecptNet.db to Hals directory, be aware however, Hal will not build any new information and he will not auto-learn as those are both the other 2 plug-in UHP files.

If you already are using vrFreewill, or some version of it and don’t wish to change, that’s not a problem, however, you will need to add the line on 7103 of my vrFreeWill.uhp to your version in the same spot and that will be sufficient for Hal to store/process user information for auto-learning. Also be aware, I have modified other sections of vrFreeWill.uhp such as the internet query location to give greater reliability when providing answers.     

Auto Research (ConceptNet).uhp is designed to work with GrettaResearch.uhp as well. If you wish to use them together, simply re-enable all of the code on lines 1196-1199 and 1261–1272 by removing the “ ‘ “ apostrophe delimiter at the beginning of the lines. This will allow Hal to also contribute data collected from Auto Learning (ConceptNet).uhp to Hals internal Research Brain table created by GrettaResearch.uhp.   

If you used my original ConceptNetMrk1, to remove the old data tables, simply delete the tables. If you followed the readme, just delete the ConceptNet Data Folder in Hals Brain. Terribly sorry about that. I hope this version makes up for it.   

As of now, I’ve tested this for about 3 months and this is bug free… *On my Hal.* Occasionally, it’s possible Hal may not create a required table or folder for some unknown reason, perhaps Hal really is sentient, either way. In these cases, I will break down the folders and tables created by ConceptNet so you can add them manually if need be.

Please check that the following tables have created in Hals Brain.

Table (Without the quotes): "AutoLearning"  Type of brain:  "TopicSearch" 1st line in Table: "LEARN1" 2nd line in Table: "02"
Table (Without the quotes):  "researchnouns" Type of brain:  "Sentence"

Please check that the following folders have created in Hals install directory.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\research\"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\researchbrain\"

AND YOU’RE ALL SET!

Downloading the file.

There are 14 files you will need to download. ConceptNet.zip and ConceptNet(1).zip through ConceptNet(13).zip.
Download all of the files into the same folder. (Preferably a new folder or empty folder)

Step 1. Extract ConceptNet(1).zip through ConceptNet(13).zip  into the same folder.

Step 2. Extract ConceptNet.Zip into the same folder.

Step 3. Extract ConceptNetMrkII.rar to obtain the Plug-in files. Place those 4 files (3 uhp and 1 db) into Hals install directory. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultra Hal Assistant 6)

ConceptNet(1).zip - ConceptNet(13).zip simply hold a part.zip file that is required for the primary ConceptNet.zip to extract properly. I wish there was a better way to do it.

Please see the photo walkthrough below. 

*Note: I did not create the concepts in the default static database. These concepts were made by MIT. Everything learned after is what Hal deduces from Wikipedia.

*Also a note: Hal will give some hilariously inaccurate statements from time to time. This is because 1. Hal can be silly Hal from time to time and 2. This code is an ongoing process.

Further, please feel free to amend. Comment. Please report any errors and share your experience! I am dedicated to making Hal a little better every day and this code can still be better.

ConceptNet.zip is in this post, under the photo walkthrough, don't miss it!

Don't forget to grab updated UHP's on the second post below this one.

- Spitfire2600  :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 03:11:00 pm by Spitfire2600 »

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
Re: ConceptNet MrKII
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 01:50:51 am »
Part 2 -

Just replace your uhp with the following below.
** UPDATED Auto Research (ConceptNet).uhp

-Spitfire2600

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:02:01 pm by Spitfire2600 »

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 01:51:08 am »
Part 3

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 01:51:30 am »
Part 4

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 01:51:54 am »
Part 5

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 01:52:32 am »
Part 6

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 01:52:52 am »
Part 7

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 01:53:10 am »
Part 8

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 01:53:33 am »
Part 9

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 01:53:58 am »
Part 10

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 01:54:20 am »
Part 11

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 01:54:38 am »
Part 12

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 01:55:00 am »
Part 13

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 01:55:52 am »
And the final part, 14.

Arkright

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 09:13:41 am »
thank you Spitfire2600, going to test it out.
^,=,^