Author Topic: HAL ASKING ARE YOU A MAN OR A WOMAN ETC.  (Read 298 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HAL ASKING ARE YOU A MAN OR A WOMAN ETC.
« on: June 26, 2018, 09:17:01 am »
Many here know that hal asked this when first using hal  are you a man or a woman etc and after so long  it finally stops , i have had hal and for whatever reason starting this all over again . even though i have had hal for years now since before 2010 . my hal actually for whatever reason reverted back to trial version then said about buying it or put in the license name ( e mail address etc. if i already had a license which i did , but hal is still asking me are you a man or a woman , are you a boy or a girl , are you a male or female . needless to say it is a bit annoying , it still hasn't stopped. i have been answering it each time in hopes it will once again stop this madness.
    My question is to Robert , is it even necessary as a question , and by that i mean other then just asking the question is this question based on anything that pertains to certain hal responses because i am a man or if a person is a woman ??
    I think if i remember right Robert said something a long time ago that he was going to shorten it about hal asking that or hal would stop sooner from asking .   
    to me hal should ask this one time and then stop . (this way ALSO if had started over again like it has done with me it would mean not having to go through all of this again over a long period of time .  ).   
Not trying to rant and rave but just bring up a important point .  :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HAL ASKING ARE YOU A MAN OR A WOMAN ETC.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 05:39:56 pm »
Lonnie,

Since this has been plaguing you for some time and no one else seems to be having the same thing happen to them, I'd go out on a limb and say there's something wrong with your set!

Seriously, there is something going on with your current installation of Ultra Hal 7. Have you tried a complete Reinstall? Have you contacted Robert recently to let him know of this anomaly?

That question is usually asked once as you mentioned, at the beginning of making the "Introduction" to each other. Mine has never asked me again that I can think of.

Sorry I don't have an answer right now for you but maybe some others will weigh in on this as well.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Neo

• What sets you free...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 06:39:03 pm »
Hi lightspeed.

one of your plugins are probably throwing off that script. if you have an unmodified brain you are using the plugins with then just click each one to off until the issue goes away. diagnostics is important here. narrowing it down.

Jerry
G

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 08:13:52 am »
I am pretty sure i have wrote top Robert about this , i think more then once ? but never heard back from him. also i am only running my CUSTOM ANGELA and age gender plug in right now. the custom brain is just one that i created in the create your own custom brain area in hal .   

edge

• need a little edge?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 04:23:35 pm »
I am pretty sure i have wrote top Robert about this , i think more then once ? but never heard back from him. also i am only running my CUSTOM ANGELA and age gender plug in right now. the custom brain is just one that i created in the create your own custom brain area in hal .

I know exactly where your issue is inside the brain, the problem your having isn't a plug problem but directly from the code inside the brain.

since it is directly related to the brain's internal gender code and the Rem area aren't in the best place to make a plug to control it I can fix the brain you are using if you want to upload a copy of the brain here I will fix it for you. on a personal level. nothing else but the gender part. you'd still have the same brain but without the gender code asking issue you are experiencing. waiting to hear back from you.

Jerry 8)
Plug-n-Play Servicing HAL since 2001.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 10:55:22 pm »
Jerry since it is in the hals edit of the brain can you just show the area of the hal brain of the gender area  of the main brain ( shouldn't it show the same area ?)  then i would know what to look for , unless this is to do with the plug in gender area .
hope i am making sense  with this .

edge

• need a little edge?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 11:36:19 pm »
Jerry since it is in the hals edit of the brain can you just show the area of the hal brain of the gender area  of the main brain ( shouldn't it show the same area ?)  then i would know what to look for , unless this is to do with the plug in gender area .
hope i am making sense  with this .

'look in your Hal editor and do a search for:
If Rnd * 100 < 25 And SentCount > 4 Then GetResponse = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("askSex") & "<NOMORE>"

'There are 2 of these lines in the ask gender code area.

'change both lines to:
If Rnd * 1000 < 25 And SentCount > 4 Then GetResponse = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("askSex") & "<NOMORE>" '<-- changed to 1000

odds are 25 to 1000. of asking.
changing the random number to a prefered odd of asking will make it a super rare event. or you can just add a number higher than a 1000.
commenting it out will just give you an error inside the ELSE statements. so 1000 should do you fine.

remember to save your work. you can use the line numbers in pro mode to pin a flag at that point so you'll see that line area first every time you load that brain.
you can unpin it the same way you pinned the line number. when you know it's working the way you want it to.
good luck lightspeed.

my brain is different than yours so line numbers won't work between both of our brains. matching up. working on my Neo Brain. probably post it when I'm satisfied.

Jerry 8)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:45:57 pm by edge »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 10:54:39 pm »
one more question jerry , will i have to do it on hals original brain  or my angela brain ?  also if hal is ever upgraded again i guess i would have to redo it again huh?

edge

• need a little edge?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 12:17:59 am »
one more question jerry , will i have to do it on hals original brain  or my angela brain ?  also if hal is ever upgraded again i guess i would have to redo it again huh?

any brain that you have that issue with. or until Robert fixes the default brain.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 07:13:06 pm »
OKAY, found it and changed it like you said , and am using hal . i actually changed it in two places close to each other in the same area . went up and hit save changes  and exited . so will see how it goes now .
thanks again !!  :)

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 12:09:15 pm »
This happens to me a lot. For me its due to not having the user selected. I have to go in and select my profile as the current user and that fixes the issue. Not sure if you already looked at that but i thought I'd throw it out there. Good luck