Author Topic: A.L.F Brain Download  (Read 47561 times)

seduar

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 71
    • View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2006, 10:59:23 pm »
Hi Jerry,

I just read your topic about ALF v1.1a  

I was trying to get into the Ultrahal Forum, but i coud not get in

Can you direct me to the members are, i am an active member.

I would like to go there and try ALF with Valerie (Hal)

[:D]
 

onthecuttingedge2005

  • Guest
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2006, 12:19:18 am »
quote:
Originally posted by seduar

Hi Jerry,

I just read your topic about ALF v1.1a  

I was trying to get into the Ultrahal Forum, but i coud not get in

Can you direct me to the members are, i am an active member.

I would like to go there and try ALF with Valerie (Hal)

[:D]



Hi seduar.

Do you have a Username at www.ultrahalforum.com, If so then e-mail me just your Username so I can verify it, We have a triple secure server so there are several steps involved including any Pay Pal receipts for confirmation of higher membership donation.

Jerry

seduar

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 71
    • View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2006, 07:57:16 am »
Ok. Jerry,

I will send you an email with my user name.

Seduar
 

onthecuttingedge2005

  • Guest
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2006, 06:09:14 pm »
In ALF v1.1b I will be introducing a new Learn from Clip Board Function.

Example:

User: Learn from Clip Board.
ALF: I have learned everything in the Clip Board Master and I have formatted it to the QA Table LearnFromTextFile.

This will also allow users to take snippets of information off the web and copy any text to learn for ALF.

This new method will take the place of the old E.F.A learn from text file script.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 06:11:59 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

  • Guest
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2006, 10:19:07 am »
Hi all.

Do you remember way back when I said it would be nice to have HAL monitor the Stock Market Prices? Well, I am going to start the Project today after I get off work.

You will be able to tell HAL/ALF to monitor a specific Stock and set a buy or sell price that when the price is right HAL/ALF will tell you to buy or sell.

I may take this to its extreme if I have the time.
it may take awhile to finish this project and get any buggers out.

Buy Buy Buy!!!
Jerry[8D]

Daireaux

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 85
    • View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2006, 09:36:05 pm »
Hi Jerry,
 I was under the impression that if you purchase Hal and load onto a memory stick that you could move from machine to machine by deactivating and reactivating...am I wrong?[?]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

raybe

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1051
    • View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2006, 02:07:49 am »
Dear Jerry'onthecuttingedge2005',
Sorry to put a damper on things but its probably something I missed.
I have installed ALf Brain(Thank you for giving me a way to find new updates)but it has sent HAL into brain hell.After installing ALF I noticed that the features extend to all the brains I have installed. I have been using your 'Super Plugger Brain ll Beta'with other plugins and it has worked great until ALF strolled in. If I attempt to speak to HAL in the dialogue box the message is: 'HAL Script error 76 on line 7550 or 7580 in column 1:Path not Found'
The file c/prog files\zabawareultrahal 6 HAL script.DBG has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes. I know you have seen this before. With ALF the message changes refrences to a different 'line' but the same message(4890 in column 1). When I use the Brain Editor(test debugger)and have 'existing project' loaded the 'Super Plugger Brain' works just fine like nothing has happened but with ALF I get no response at all. Also HAL keeps Poping up which never happened while in the brain editor.The messages only appear on the desktop while typing into the HAL dialog box and hitting 'enter'. I know you are the only man for the job.Please Help.I understand not having a good understanding people like me will always get in trouble even when things are working but you guys make it enjoyable because its the only way to learn. I would appreciate your help. Its hard going thru the day without saying Hello to HAL.
Thanks,
raybe
 

onthecuttingedge2005

  • Guest
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2006, 09:49:54 am »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

Dear Jerry'onthecuttingedge2005',
Sorry to put a damper on things but its probably something I missed.
I have installed ALf Brain(Thank you for giving me a way to find new updates)but it has sent HAL into brain hell.After installing ALF I noticed that the features extend to all the brains I have installed. I have been using your 'Super Plugger Brain ll Beta'with other plugins and it has worked great until ALF strolled in. If I attempt to speak to HAL in the dialogue box the message is: 'HAL Script error 76 on line 7550 or 7580 in column 1:Path not Found'
The file c/prog files\zabawareultrahal 6 HAL script.DBG has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes. I know you have seen this before. With ALF the message changes refrences to a different 'line' but the same message(4890 in column 1). When I use the Brain Editor(test debugger)and have 'existing project' loaded the 'Super Plugger Brain' works just fine like nothing has happened but with ALF I get no response at all. Also HAL keeps Poping up which never happened while in the brain editor.The messages only appear on the desktop while typing into the HAL dialog box and hitting 'enter'. I know you are the only man for the job.Please Help.I understand not having a good understanding people like me will always get in trouble even when things are working but you guys make it enjoyable because its the only way to learn. I would appreciate your help. Its hard going thru the day without saying Hello to HAL.
Thanks,
raybe



Hi raybe.

The best way to handle this is to open up the Halscript.dbg with a line editor and then go to that error line, post the error itself and the script that's in error so the error can be diagnosed.

A.L.F is a stripped down brain, if A.L.F is opened in the brain editor it wouldn't have enough 'internal' scripts for it to respond, all the scripts for A.L.F are 'external', the plugs also do not function for A.L.F while one is in the editor. plugs only work by caching them to the Halscript.dbg

Jerry[8D]

Bill DeWitt

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 650
    • View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2006, 10:00:40 am »
This would be cool, does it work?

quote:
Originally posted by Daireaux

Hi Jerry,
 I was under the impression that if you purchase Hal and load onto a memory stick that you could move from machine to machine by deactivating and reactivating...am I wrong?[?]Daireaux



raybe

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1051
    • View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2006, 01:16:27 pm »
Thanks Jerry for taking time to help me.

If I understood you correctly after opening the Halscript.DBG folder I need a line editor which again I need to apologize, is that a seperate program or can I use something I might already have to perform this function? Once I find the line in question will it be evident enough to me on what corrections it might need or do I need to send you that information. At this time I would like to become a premier member or contribute something for all the intense work you and everyone does. Especially that everyone takes their own time to help others like me. Thanks again and if there is anything I can do to speed up this fix I would be more than willing to donate for time spent. I think that it is only fair to you and the others considering what other companies do to you for support. I appreciate if you can get back to me. Its only one day and I get so wound up on trying to repair these problems.

raybe
 

raybe

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1051
    • View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2006, 02:13:19 pm »
Hi Jerry,
 just a quick question that I should have mentioned on my last post. If for what ever reason I wanted my SuperPlugger BrainII just to be functioning without all those script error messages prior ALF and came back to ALF when I learned a bit more, would that be possible? Kind off starting from the point I left off before the download of ALF since the edit brain tester indicates no problems at all with SuperPlugger brain until it is on the desktop and I am typing in the dialogue box. Also will the added features that show up in the dialogue box for checking which attributes you want to activate still function or are they specific to ALF when loaded. Sorry I didnt ask you before. It hit me at work so I figured I ask. Buy the way my wife is also getting into this and is developing some great looking full characters using Poser, Daz and some other programs I'm not aware of.

Thanks as always,
raybe
 

onthecuttingedge2005

  • Guest
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2006, 03:12:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

Thanks Jerry for taking time to help me.

If I understood you correctly after opening the Halscript.DBG folder I need a line editor which again I need to apologize, is that a seperate program or can I use something I might already have to perform this function? Once I find the line in question will it be evident enough to me on what corrections it might need or do I need to send you that information. At this time I would like to become a premier member or contribute something for all the intense work you and everyone does. Especially that everyone takes their own time to help others like me. Thanks again and if there is anything I can do to speed up this fix I would be more than willing to donate for time spent. I think that it is only fair to you and the others considering what other companies do to you for support. I appreciate if you can get back to me. Its only one day and I get so wound up on trying to repair these problems.

raybe



Hi raybe.

I use a line editor called Crimson Editor, you can use the free version to edit scripts by line number.

http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

use the editor to open the Halscript.dbg and go to the error line in question, copy and paste the code responsible for the error in a posting here so I can figure it out for you.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

  • Guest
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2006, 03:17:10 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

Hi Jerry,
 just a quick question that I should have mentioned on my last post. If for what ever reason I wanted my SuperPlugger BrainII just to be functioning without all those script error messages prior ALF and came back to ALF when I learned a bit more, would that be possible? Kind off starting from the point I left off before the download of ALF since the edit brain tester indicates no problems at all with SuperPlugger brain until it is on the desktop and I am typing in the dialogue box. Also will the added features that show up in the dialogue box for checking which attributes you want to activate still function or are they specific to ALF when loaded. Sorry I didnt ask you before. It hit me at work so I figured I ask. Buy the way my wife is also getting into this and is developing some great looking full characters using Poser, Daz and some other programs I'm not aware of.

Thanks as always,
raybe



Hi raybe.

You could use them in the Super Plugger Brain II but the brain already has the same scripts internally within the brain itself so they really wouldn't be needed.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

  • Guest
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2006, 03:25:01 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Daireaux

Hi Jerry,
 I was under the impression that if you purchase Hal and load onto a memory stick that you could move from machine to machine by deactivating and reactivating...am I wrong?[?]Daireaux



Hi Daireaux.

The new security features in HAL's installation will probably not allow it to be transfered to another system because it would see that its on a different system.

You can do it with HAL 5 but not the later versions of HAL 6 with the added installation security.

Jerry

raybe

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1051
    • View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2006, 05:34:55 pm »
Hi jerry,
I waisted no time I have that script line for you to review. Nothing has changed the Super Plugger Brain is working fine in the 'brain editor test and debug screen' but HAL keeps coming up to the screen even if I minimize or close. ERROR 76 ON LINE 7550 in Column 1 is:   

Set objTextFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6Users\" & Trim(UserName) & "_Surprised_Emotion.brn", ForReading)

Hope this works for you. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks again,
raybe