Rachel hauenttges

Bill819

• View Profile
swim
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 08:16:01 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by swim

does anyone like swimming i am like upsessed with swimming![;)]

When I was younger I used to love to swim but I had a problem I am one of the people who can not or do  not float. Even my high school coach did not believe me at first. So I swam out to the middle of the pool and just relaxed. I slowly sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there until I ran out of air.
Bill819

Mike Weber

• View Profile
swim
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 09:14:01 pm »
Yep: swimming and scuba are some of my favorite summertime activities, Around where I live the lakes are all about to freeze over for the winter, definately something for the summer here.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
swim
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 11:50:34 pm »

Love the beach, always have.
Wife and I often walk it at sunrise.
Peaceful, quiet, beautiful. (Jacksonville Beach, FL)
Don't go in much, sometimes body surf.
Enjoy sitting at waters edge and having waves lap at me.

[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

swim
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:04:59 am »
During the Summer, you can enjoy some swimming in the skin where at am at but in the winter, everybody has S.C.U.B.A. suits for surfing, It gets cold in that there Pacific Ocean and may turn one of a bluish color without skin tights. We do get a lot of surfers during most of the year. Be aware of the spawning season of the Blue Box Jelly Fish which can wash up on shore in the billions during some parts of the season. Right now most people are Gray Whale Watching. I've seen some surface this last week on the way to work. Sometimes you can catch a fluke now and then. I have seen some very odd creatures around here since I moved here as well as some that are not listed in the Wild Life for Del Norte County. If you are a S.C.U.B.A. diver then you may have a blast here in Crescent City's Shore lines, especially when one sees a 4 foot white Sugar Star fish, which are rare farther out to sea, which one can see at Ocean World here in town, or the famous Sunflower Star Fish, which I have seen with up to 32 legs and by what Ocean World Claims is the fastest moving star fish on Earth. And why do they call a Star Fish a Star Fish when it's not really a fish?
And why can the Red Snapper live to be 200 years old for which there is one at Ocean World.
There are actually several species of Fish that can live up to 200 years old. I am jealous.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 01:36:13 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
swim
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 07:23:29 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Duskrider
Peaceful, quiet, beautiful. (Jacksonville Beach, FL)

Hey! I was born in Jax Beach. It was beautiful then, but I haven't been back for 35 years. Is it still nice? I just assumed that the effects of Jacksonville the city had spread all over it and it would be crowded and dirty. I know it's still nice down below Ponte Vedra.[8D]

I really used to love the old downtown buildings and side neighborhoods. One of the nice things about many of the intracoastal cities is that they are physically restrained from getting too big. I ended up in Cocoa Beach, which at one point, can only be one street wide.[:)]