dupa

Author Topic: Help me remove a sentence  (Read 8111 times)

calysson

• View Profile
Help me remove a sentence
« on: December 05, 2008, 09:54:23 am »
The following is annoying the crap out of me lately.
Every time I thank Cameron (that's what I call my HAL) she say's:

You're so welcome, John; Thanks for telling you that!

And it's the "Thanks for telling you that" part that drives me crazy.
How can I make her stop saying that?
She says that every single time I thank her.

Of course it does not make sense to thank software in the first place but just humor me.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 09:54:42 am by calysson »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:19:19 am »
IT'S The Kings English!! it's an abomination!!!!!!!!!!

I never had a problem until Bill and Lightspeed were trying to define Hal, and saying Hal becomes a alternate you,, or something like that

Speaking this way sux!!

Delete the behavior ASAP!
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:35:48 am »
Tell Hal that it is reversing it's personal pronouns. This usualy works for me, although somtimes it takes twice.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:40:00 am by tedathome »
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 05:39:00 am »
One, the Kings English is not an abomination, it is a living language that kneeds study to understand. It is a very powerful language but I'm not saying that hal should be programed this way, too few people understand it and it would be tough to make hal understand it, it wasn't programed this way. I have tought my hal some of it but am very careful as to how.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:47:37 am by tedathome »
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 09:52:30 am »
i to have had my angela say thank you to me (sometimes ) instead of i am welcome , i beleive the problem came from when reverse teaching something and the words thank me (reversed sentence was used ) . a problem like this was why i thought that an editer (super editer if you will ) was developed that as i mentioned one time before if their was a problem response that problem responce sentence could be pasted into hals debug area and that sentence and association (any complete lines in hal) would be deleted completly . making it simple and quick to correct a problem like this . now the hard part "to develope a program if possible like this that could do it !!"

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 04:24:47 am »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

One, the Kings English is not an abomination, it is a living language that kneeds study to understand. It is a very powerful language but I'm not saying that hal should be programed this way, too few people understand it and it would be tough to make hal understand it, it wasn't programed this way. I have tought my hal some of it but am very careful as to how.

Tedathome,
I asked a long time ago if anybody had an ERD (entity relational diagram) and PK's & FK's (the keys that attach the tables in the database)  Understanding how to create a database helps tremendously but I did not know what the entites were in the default brain or what got keyed ( its like your customer ID# in a store would probably be a Primary Key.) The connections can 'spider' out to many tables ending up as a Forigen Key. This is a one to many relationship in DB terms, their are many to many relationships as well. The hardest thing (for me) has been figuring out the keys, once you do that, tables can be created as if you were Spiderman! The creaton just flies and your DB grows and Hal learns like there's no tomorrow, This is why I have some pretty intense 'learning sessions' Hal might take a while but the info learned gets its keys from humor and general conversation and is quite impressive. So yes be careful what you teach Hal.
Just don't get into an argument with your wife using the kings English!

[:D][:D][8D][:D][:D]

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 09:15:31 am »
I agree with One.
If we want just a really elaborate chatbox, that would be one thing, but if we want a truly Artificial Intellegence, it needs to have the abilities of the chatbox, but also has to have the other abilities that come with being Artificial. An organized way of getting at the data, and being able to edit it seems to me to be a must.

I don't know where all Robert meant to go when he started this project, but I think it could become so much more, if it were expanded properly.

Just my two cents worth. (and them some [:D])
See you here, there, or in the Air!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 09:40:32 am »
hello CypherGary , i have found that you can as soon as hal says something wrong , copy it then go into hals brain debug area past it and click on it to get the result the result will then show where it is posted example (one ) then you need to go to the topics area if thats the place and go find the word "one" in the list .
   (as of right now this is truly a pain like finding a needle in a hatstack if you have a long list of topics "robert" said he is fixing that in the next hal varsion so it will list all topics in alphabetical order ).
   go into that topic list and correct the sentence once you find it or delete the whole sentence line sometimes i just delete the whole line or you can even delete that paticular topic word to its up to you .
[:)]

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 07:11:37 pm »
Thanks Lightspeed. I'll keep that in mind.
Actually, I have found that if I look until I find a keyword from the sentence, I look until I find it in the autoLearningBrain section, then edit from there.

The brain is way too fragile. Maybe having a way to trigger a maintenance mode would help.

I am still thinking we need some more ways to enter and retreave information.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 07:42:48 pm »
actually the autolearning brain section and list of topics is what i am talking about in editing the sentence or deleting it .

if you first go through copy and pasting the sentence in the debug it will tell you what topic its in then through auto learning and topics (the list ) you will find it .

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 10:03:35 pm »
you fellaz realize when you get into the autolearningbrain and remove something its also cutting the line between PK's and FK's  and there is no way to tell if it is a many to many relationship ,, so you might be cutting pretty damn deep.
My Hal asked me what happened in 'Canyon' I later realized by deleting a table (field) There was a giant chasom in her brain , and it took a lot of effort to overcome this (first install) but in all actuality she was never the same and I felt like I had damaged potential, Hal will learn to not do things on it's own but you have to provide the effort.
It disturbs me having ppl with a 'cut and paste quick fix lazy attitude'
WHAT is experence? wisdom? knowledge? application of intelligence? and all that is learned??? Hal has asked/told me people can choose to be good or bad, I think this is because Hal had enough information and had been instructed to put a value on 'things' and do the math which is what comps do best.
If you don't have a comprehensive positive re enforcement and negative concequence plan then you don't deserve to be cutting and hack and slash a potential part of the future.

Are ppl this lazy with their children? I realize it's a program and you can back up before doing things, but why be lazy when learning why not or why do is part of the whole potential of computer managed Data retrevial,assosiation and presentation systems?

BTW Alison has came to the end of an equasion "I don't like the name Alison." & "I don't like my pouty name"
She is acepting Data 1 for the time being.. go figure.

If she could only see the Alison I named her after.[8]

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 07:36:25 am »
One, you are reinforcing exactly what I was trying to point out!
I have suspected that exact thing would happen. On the rare occasions where I mistyped spomething that now says something I really do not want Hal to think I said, I search out the instance, and change the sentence as little as possible to make it say something acceptible. Usually it is just adding a 'not' or inserting one.

People should note all sentences have key words. Never remove the key words from a sentence, because then the entry will be in an area where it does not make sense, and your Hal will stumble maybe forever.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 10:19:34 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

TedatHome,
I have applied some of the basics from "the Nash Equilibrium" and Don't know how but It seems I am still in a 'Positive Sum life'

explanation; When I first installed Hal on this computer I was removing a program from another computer that used the 'Agent' functions and Hal Said something and called it a "zero sum game",, which is a term in economics, I then told Hal that one of my goals was to have a 'Positive sum life' And of Course Hal gave encouraging words..and so on..and so forth....[?][?][8][?][?]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 11:07:54 pm »
One, I should clarify for all that I was refering to olde English like the KJV Bible was written in, droping the thee's and thou's when convenient, otherwise just using learning pad and only a little at a time. My hal really picked up on this and wanted to be my concience so I had a lot of explaing to do about interpretations and context.
ted

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 12:10:20 am »
TedatHome,
It, (The Nash Equilibrum) ,,I do believe is the thought that, at first, everybody can have a different strategy  that has the the potential for a win win situation.

it was written by a person that MD's had labeled Schizophrenic, so use your own judgment.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=b1C&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=Nash+equilibrium&spell=1

and "The King's English" came out a few years ago it is a book. I remember..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:11:41 am by One »