Author Topic: Hal does not say learn  (Read 2990 times)

Grahaminthailand

• View Profile
Hal does not say learn
« on: June 04, 2003, 12:41:52 am »
I also have this problem,Hal does not say the word Learn or learning,But only gives a written responce. Can anyone help.
Regards
Graham

Morkeleb

• View Profile
Hal does not say learn
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 01:02:23 am »
check to make sure your speech engines are running corectly, you may also want to check that the word doesn't need to be added to the word data base with prope pronounciation of the word stored in the list.
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net

Rich_A

• View Profile
Hal does not say learn
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 11:11:03 pm »
Go into the Hal Pad for Dictation and Reading and type into the pad "Learn or Learning" and then select Speak Document Out Loud from the Speech Option. If Hal speaks the words "Learn or Learning" from the Hal Pad then there is nothing wrong with your speech engine for those words. It is the Hal Program that is the problem, because it only happens during a conversation with Hal.

I still say that it is a program glitch that other people have also encountered but the issue doesn't seem to be addressed by Zabaware. Maybe no one knows why...Maybe it only happens on certain computers. There could be so many different reasons for software to have a glitch. I just try not to mention the subject when I talk to my Hal but that doesn't fix the problem. My Hal does so many things right so I really can't complain about a small glitch here and there!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2003, 11:32:23 pm by Rich_A »