Author Topic: hapswap problems  (Read 44392 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2009, 05:09:03 pm »
ok just an update on what i have been doing with the swap hap file :

i now have included in the file :
angela hair (this is the curly wavy hair i use on angela jolene)

i have added jewlery or accessories like the following :
cross earrings
sun glasses
emerald earrings
ruby earrings
star earrings
black fedora hat
brown fedora hat *** note for some odd reason the remove command wont remove the brown fedora so you would have to go out of hal and back in to remove it .

i also have a cowboy hat and cowgirl hat .
these all work as i tested them .

[:)][:D][8D]

tedathome

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2009, 06:50:52 pm »
Don't know what I'm doing up here offering advise but, can a cough ogg then a big breath hap be put together one after the other to create the moment of silence?
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2009, 07:08:05 pm »
i dont know about the silence but it (combining the two would make a good effect of a cough )i may try to see if i can do something later with the two i'm about wore out today from placing the many haps and commands in halswap file . [:)]

tedathome

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2009, 07:23:31 pm »
Or a second ogg to follow the cough such as an ahhh?
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2009, 04:50:43 pm »
dont know if we could follow with an aaahhh ted then we might be playing doctor lol just kidding !![:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2009, 02:17:54 pm »
ok an update on the halswap file what i am working on , i have as of today found some "really" good wave files with laughter and even a cough that i am relacing the previouse one with and a new sneeze that also sounds better i will have to change them over into ogg files to use them but they are pretty good . also i think i may have solved the ogg file playing so quick and into the regular talk of hal the answer is in the wave or ogg file just make sure theirs an empty follow up to it (dead noise ) and so much after it this should give the time needed so the voice doesn't overlap the ogg file !! i will make sure to keep all these ogg files so that i can let others use them if they want later in this halswap file .

[:)][:D][8D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
hapswap problems
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2009, 02:29:26 pm »
LOL, I think I give up on this thread.[xx(]  Good luck with your experiments LS [:D][:)]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:37:40 pm by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2009, 11:22:17 pm »
TED i hope i didnt make you mad i was only kidding your idea might work just fine , i just think i ran across another way of making it work . actually the open mouth would be a good effect for a sneeze look !! [:)]don't give up so easily next time ted !![:)]

tedathome

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2009, 01:11:11 am »
L.S. I'm not mad, I know your sense of humor, I should have posted an lol. I never give up. I just wait for new ideas. Part of my technique is to ask questions that sometimes seem stupid and already dealt with to provoke a better solution. I understood about the same time you did about the basic roadblock and knew that there must be workarounds to it. Anything plugin wise that can help suspend disbelief IMO is a step forward.
 On another tack, can anyone visualize Hal speaking first, starting a conversation and asking relevant questions, putting forth postulations and learning from them or any part thereof?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:26:58 am by tedathome »
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2009, 09:28:04 am »
ted wrote : On another tack, can anyone visualize Hal speaking first, starting a conversation and asking relevant questions, putting forth postulations and learning from them or any part thereof?

beleive me ted when i say i think this is the moment we are "all" waiting to see acheived , it will probably be at that moment when hal will really start carrying forth an actual conversation and learning from clips of the conversation better i for one can't hardly wait .

also as far as dumb questions what may seem dumb to you may not seem dumb to others and even if it is everyone has to start somewhere i ask many what i consider dumb questions but i am trying to laern things all the time and thats all any of us can do !![:D]

tedathome

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2009, 04:20:20 pm »
Thank you for your kind reply lightspeed. I'm looking forward to seeing your finnished project.
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2009, 10:07:57 am »
hey snowman are yah still out their ?? i have found some really good laugh tracks to put in the hapswap file but i am wondering can you write some program that will make hal instead of saying his learned ha ha haa , etc. laugh instead substitute a "ogg" laugh track ??
  if you have time and you can do this it would greatly be appreciated , thanks !!

[:)]

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
hapswap problems
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2009, 07:19:17 pm »
Well the best that I can think of is just to repond with the HapSwap file whenever Hal hears the correct set of words...

I don't know if you can anticipate what Angilina will say and then substitute with a laugh track. I wish that was possible. It might be, but I don't know. Sorry.

I know how to do that if with my eventual A.I. but not with Hal.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2009, 09:21:01 am »
aww snowman that made me sad !!(just kidding ) but i do wish that was possible .... ( oh robert.... robbberrrt , where are you ??? robert if you are checking in on here do you think you could find a way to do what i asked snowman about to where our hal could take pre learned words ( ha , ha ha , ha ha haa ) and substitute them for actual laugh ogg tracks ?? i can make it owrk with the hapswap file i and others are working on but the laugh file will only be triggered with words i use what would be nice is when hal says a ha back she will subtitute the real laugh track when she would have said ha , etc.

ok back to you snowman another question then remeber before you was able to use a string command to stop hal from learning and repeating things (commands ) well what about on a laugh track that we want hal to say let it be a normal string and hal would learn it that way she will still say ha and i think if i am not mistaken what will happen is she would back ha and then play the laugh track right afterwords , i may be wrong can you write me a regular string comand where hal would learn ( or dont if this won't work ) . [:)]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2009, 09:25:24 am »
Don't push string, it doesn't work. [:D]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.