Author Topic: Problem with Brain Editor-Help:)  (Read 3680 times)

joelk11

• View Profile
Problem with Brain Editor-Help:)
« on: November 30, 2009, 10:57:36 pm »
Hello! I am working on a plugin for Hal and opened up the db within the brain editor and although the main script shows, none of the folders that contain the tables will open. I re-installed Hal and then placed the  main db back in, and same issue. The stock db shows all the folder and opens nicely, but all the previous db's that were unaltered will not open the folders. What is odd is that Hal does retain all of the info and there no errors in either the run time or when running the app.

The issue seems to be with the db itself, but i am not sure how to correct it. Any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks!

joelk11

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 12:09:29 am »
Update: i attempted via a paradox repair suite to repair the .db file, but it says the header is corrupt. This is the default brain and there are no customizations to the db and i am not running any specialized plugs so the corruption is a bit odd. Its a new machine and there about six apps on the entire box.

Just to test the functionality, i opened the .db file from one that does open and simply copied the header file info via text pad and saved. It was a vain attempt, and one did not work, but i wanted to see if would do anything.

Robert, if you have any ideas or want to see the .db file, perhahps there is something on your end that can be done to repair it. Thanks!

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:15:42 am »
What ever you did or toutched the very first time you opened the brin DB with the editor corrupted the DB and there is no way to fix it that I am aware of.
Get Windows to erasel all of Hal's files, directories, etc then clean the registory before installing Hal once again. You have to start fro scratch once again.
Bill