dupa

Author Topic: Complete list of Human Emotions.  (Read 8586 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Complete list of Human Emotions.
« on: September 14, 2011, 08:44:14 pm »
If someone has the time and energy, Please list a complete list of human emotions that you think are relevant to Humans. It is important that the list becomes exhaustive, it is also important not to list the same emotion twice by confusing one emotion that is the same as another.

please, with all your support. please continue to re-update the list of emotions as needed.

it is important to understand that the key emotion is trust, all emotions revolve around trust and the emotional tree will always start with Trust. all else follows.

Jerry 8)

raybe

• View Profile
Re: Complete list of Human Emotions.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 10:21:46 am »
OTC, just to make it clear for myself. Wouldn't it be better to narrow the field down since I agree certain emotions cross over.(ex.:you can cry with the feelings of happy or sad)Unless I'm just way off mark here and develop these crossover emotions in some sort of key words or combinations that actual give you a further range but using less individual starting points. I can't think of anything harder to wrap up in in neat tree like configuration of emotions.

Emotions are tied to so many outside stimuli or perceived ideas and belief systems.

raybe

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 10:51:42 am »
Hi Raybe.

Just trying to get an emotion theory going so that I can update the emotional plug-in.

off to work, talk to you later.

Jerry

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 12:35:41 pm »
Hmm, I'm not convinced that all emotions revolve around trust.  What about laughing at a joke told by someone you never met ? Or crying because you are so depressed ?

Worthy cause though, I will give it some thunking  ;D

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 01:48:52 pm »
Sounds really complicated.  But I can think of Happy, Sad, Angry, Envious, Jealous , annoyed, scared, nervous, depressed, manic, (I realize that these emotions can appear the same) ... feel free to add or delete.

Also, I found this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emotions
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 10:39:50 pm »
Okay, we'll start here and work out the plug-in together as a team.

Code: [Select]
Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Advanced Emotions
Rem Author=Gerald L. Blakley A.K.A OnTheCuttingEdge2005
Rem Host=All

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Advanced Emotions Plug-in, This Plug-in Gives HAL Emotions and other optional abilities."
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: PRE-PROCESS
    'The preceding comment is actually a plug-in directive for
    'the Ultra Hal host application. It allows for code snippets
    'to be inserted here on-the-fly based on user configuration.

'Negative and forceful
        Anger = 0
        Annoyance = 0
        Contempt = 0
        Disgust = 0
        Irritation = 0

'Negative and not in control
        Anxiety = 0
        Embarrassment = 0
        Fear = 0
        Helplessness = 0
        Powerlessness = 0
        Worry = 0

'Negative thoughts
        Doubt = 0
        Envy = 0
        Frustration = 0
        Guilt = 0
        Shame = 0

'Negative and passive
        Boredom = 0
        Despair = 0
        Disappointment = 0
        Hurt = 0
        Sadness = 0

'Agitation
        Stress = 0
        Shock = 0
        Tension = 0

'Positive and lively
        Amusement = 0
        Delight = 0
        Elation = 0
        Excitement = 0
        Happiness = 0
        Joy = 0
        Pleasure = 0

'Caring
        Affection = 0
        Empathy = 0
        Friendliness = 0
        Love = 0

'Positive thoughts
        Courage = 0
        Hope = 0
        Pride = 0
        Satisfaction = 0
        Trust = 0

'Quiet positive
        Calm = 0
        Content = 0
        Relaxed = 0
        Relieved = 0
        Serene = 0

'Reactive
        Interest = 0
        Politeness = 0
        Surprised = 0

eventually working out what we need to accomplish.

Jerry 8)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 12:22:00 pm »
Jerry just a thought.
 But what if you where to use these emotions not only as possible human like reactions to replies or inputs and subject matter. What if you were able to use these emotions as a scale to develop a personality if one should choose. I don't quite remember if you worked on that before and Ultra Hal would sort of keep score if the overall conversations where negative or positive in nature or even a 'neutral state' in context for business or teaching aids. I also don't remember if in time Ultra Hal would eventually reset and again weigh the conversations and adjust personality. This idea showed up somewhere but I just can't remember at this time.

Again I apologize if I'm off track with the basics of the updated version of the emotion plug in you are now discussing. Just thought it was worth mentioning and it might have been you that was working on that idea.

raybe

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 06:28:34 pm »
Jerry just a thought.
 But what if you where to use these emotions not only as possible human like reactions to replies or inputs and subject matter.

Little by little we'll get it sorted out.

What if you were able to use these emotions as a scale to develop a personality if one should choose.

custom emotions is a possibility. while leaving default as a random generated personality like that when a person is born.

I don't quite remember if you worked on that before and Ultra Hal would sort of keep score if the overall conversations where negative or positive in nature or even a 'neutral state' in context for business or teaching aids.

Yes, we did this and also included a master emotions HAP file that changes the facial expressions according to the current emotion felt.

I also don't remember if in time Ultra Hal would eventually reset and again weigh the conversations and adjust personality. This idea showed up somewhere but I just can't remember at this time.

the last plug-in developed did use this method, there was some issures with the old plug-in that the new plug-in won't have.

Again I apologize if I'm off track with the basics of the updated version of the emotion plug in you are now discussing. Just thought it was worth mentioning and it might have been you that was working on that idea.

raybe

That is a great help, It is about all of us developing a theory to increase the coding abilities within A.I

Jerry