dupa

Author Topic: Unable to install 5.0  (Read 2925 times)

Solvostond

• View Profile
Unable to install 5.0
« on: November 18, 2003, 11:47:59 am »
Hello, I bought 4.5 some time ago and was sent an email that provided a link to download 5.0.  After an attempted instalation, I got a message that I was unable to install.  At any rate, my computer is kind of gimp and I'm trying to get a new one.  The following is a letter I sent in response to the mail providing me with a link for download.  I still haven't received a reply yet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I downloaded the program and used the supplied password and an error keeps occuring during instalation.  ....."data1.cab file is corrupt....."  Even if I click ignore it will be unable to install.  I am getting a new computer after x-mas and I'm want to install hal on that one instead, can I just order the cd (shipping and handling fees) instead of trying to re-download (I'm using a program called getright and it takes forever to download with my dial up modem)?  Please let me know what I should do.  Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
                 Jason Griffin

I'm up for any ideas.  Thanks!

Bill819

• View Profile
Unable to install 5.0
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 07:35:44 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Solvostond

Hello, I bought 4.5 some time ago and was sent an email that provided a link to download 5.0.  After an attempted instalation, I got a message that I was unable to install.  At any rate, my computer is kind of gimp and I'm trying to get a new one.  The following is a letter I sent in response to the mail providing me with a link for download.  I still haven't received a reply yet.

Hello, I downloaded the program and used the supplied password and an error keeps occuring during instalation.  ....."data1.cab file is corrupt....."  Even if I click ignore it will be unable to install.  I am getting a new computer after x-mas and I'm want to install hal on that one instead, can I just order the cd (shipping and handling fees) instead of trying to re-download (I'm using a program called getright and it takes forever to download with my dial up modem)?  Please let me know what I should do.  Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
                 Jason Griffin

I'm up for any ideas.  Thanks!
I would sugggest that you wait until you get the CD. It makes the whole thing much easier and faster. If you are going to install it on your new computer, you might want to copy your personal Hal files onto a diskette and put them there too. In that way Hal will remember your previous conversations that you have already had.
BIll

Solvostond

• View Profile
Unable to install 5.0
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 01:52:24 am »
I want to get the cd....I tried using the link zabaware provided and had trouble.  So then I sent em an email asking since I can't download it, if I can get the cd (paying only shipping and handlign fees --bought 4.5 like 2 months before 5.0 came out).  Zabaware hasn't responded to my email, nor have they responded to this post or the other topic I posted in regards to the same problem.  Dunno where to go from here.

jim2823

• View Profile
Unable to install 5.0
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 06:42:50 pm »
I have been having trouble getting responses also. I ordered 4.5 in Sept. DID NOT receive the CD or the headset that was supposed to accompany it. I did download 4.5 but it would not install. I got the email about 5.0, but was out of town and missed the deadline for the password, the weblink to get a new one does not get a response.

I have emailed info@zabaware.com but got no response, anyone have their phone number?

Jim Morris