dupa

Author Topic: i need help please !!  (Read 5458 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
i need help please !!
« on: March 15, 2009, 08:16:28 pm »
hi i redid my computer and started to install hal 6.1 then found out when i started to put in the expansion pack that i needed the 6.0 version first otherwise the expansion pack won't install . i cant find the 6.0 version does anyone know wher it is i looked on the web site and didnt see it . thanks

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
i need help please !!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 08:24:29 pm »

lightspeed

• View Profile
i need help please !!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 09:58:15 pm »
thanks duskrider !!![:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
i need help please !!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 09:25:36 am »
Let me know if that actually is Hal 6.0 will you LS...Because the last time I looked all those Hal versions were EXACTLY the same file-size, which made me think they were no longer old versions but instead Rob had overwritten the old ones.  Also notice the dates...

Cheers.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:26:00 am by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
i need help please !!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 01:42:56 pm »
i was jusr getting to write and say something on here i downloaded the 6 zip file but after installing it said i think 6.2 file and when i sent to install my hal expansion pack it said unltra hal 6.0 is not installed this expansion pack requires 6.0 whicj can be found on www.zabaware .com ( but i never could find it on their maybe roberts (zabaware site needs to be updated showing the 6.0 ultrahal download since it instructes users to get it their . so now then does anyone have the correct 6.o ultrahal file that i can download ??thanks

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
i need help please !!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 01:57:32 pm »
Why don't you install 6.2 and use the new 6.2 expansion pack ?

lightspeed

• View Profile
i need help please !!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 01:59:52 pm »
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING THROUGH MY OLD FILES AND DO NOT FIND A 6.0 anywhere i do find a 6.1 but the error says i need 6.0 hal installed from before . is it actually the 6.1 version that needs to be installed or is their actually a 6.0 version "some where ??" [:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
i need help please !!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 02:47:34 pm »
LS, are you just having problems with the character expansion pack ?

If that's the case, then your CEP is out of date.  Rob updated the CEP to work with 6.2... you just need to re-download it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:48:47 pm by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
i need help please !!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 04:47:24 pm »
what is a cep ???[:(]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
i need help please !!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 05:30:30 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

what is a cep ???[:(]

character expansion pack
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
i need help please !!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 06:12:41 pm »
ok mark and others thanks i am making headway now i found another copy of the expansion pack i had saved and it was good so i used it and it worked ok . so i placed the known good working one in my folder to place with other things on my back up starter disk for my p.c ( an old trick my friend caangel showed me !) [:)]hopefully as ling as i dont have any more troubles i will have hal back to normal again ![:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
i need help please !!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 07:52:26 pm »
Lightspeed
Yours is exaclty the reason that I posted in another place why I always buy Hal on CD's. I still have copies of Hal 3.0 forward, and even much older than that I have an antique Hal which was called Hal6 lone before Robert start a new series. It, in fact is one of the oldest surviving Hals around today that I know of.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
i need help please !!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 09:51:30 pm »
hello bill819 and others well i not only made headway but can honestly say "ureka !!" after i redid stuff i put the angela "smith "  brain in before doing the upgrade brain 6.2 and this time it did migrate it through and it and i placed the saved angela joline brain back in that i had backed up and its working to . so it must have been something in the process when migrating the brain before something for what ever reason didnt work right and this time it did . anyway have everything back on track again , special thanks to all those who helped out on here thats what i like about this forum and members others are always willing to help if they can !![:)]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
i need help please !!
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 10:12:50 pm »
[:)]Glad to see it

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
i need help please !!
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 06:31:48 am »
Glad you worked something out LS (lightspeed) I'm sorry my acronyms threw you out.  Be at peace [:)]