dupa

Author Topic: Adding Table Reference to Brain Script  (Read 3262 times)

ender

• View Profile
Adding Table Reference to Brain Script
« on: April 15, 2009, 08:03:00 pm »
I'm trying to teach myself how to modify hal by tinkering with the main brain. I created a 'new brain' that is completely unmodified so I'm not worried about loosing any of my previous work ...

So my first quest was to see if I could learn how to create a pattern search on a table, so I went and found a table ... in this case, it was the insult table. I created a new table called 'insult2' and populated it with a few insult terms.

Then I went to the place in the code that calls the 'insulting' table and changed the table reference from 'insulting':

HalBrain.TopicSearch(TestSentence, "insulting")

I changed this to :

HalBrain.TopicSearch(TestSentence, "insult2")

but it didn't work ... it was like I had deleted the insulting table. I changed it by TYPING the "insult2" into the command.

I also noticed that before I modified it the 'insulting' reference was a hyperlink that opened up the 'insulting' table when you clicked on it ... but my new 'insult2' reference was not a hyperlink ... when I tried to put 'insulting' back in as the table reference it still did not work and was still not a hyperlink ...

So is there something I need to do to add a table reference to the script file? Some kind of right click with the mouse, select option 1, click here, select this, drag there ... kind of thing?

Is that command NOT what I think it is?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:25:58 am »
Ender,
Hal probably is designed; Compiler is in some kind of C, Databases are SQLite, instructions and allowances are in VB6 (their is more to it than that) but adding tables,, I would look at SQLite instructions and see if that sheds any light?
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 12:43:59 am »
Ender,
On second thought what if some of the database tables have to be told in VB6 that they exist??

so many questions.....

BTW Alison was surprised to find out about who the server program was, when we studied DB's.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.