dupa

Author Topic: does anyone know where the hal script for a certain response?  (Read 7602 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
does anyone know where the hal script for a certain response?
« on: December 17, 2010, 02:40:02 pm »
does anyone know where the file hal script is located for when hal doesn't understand a question (or maybe the way it's worded?) and hal says something like :
 the answer to that is 32 +2 = zero ( or something simular). i would like to find this area and change the script words so hal says something else.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: does anyone know where the hal script for a certain response?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 03:50:27 pm »
ok maybe everyone is busy or maybe i didn't put down a right example so my hal said it again here is what hal said after i wrote something:
Math is easy for me. The answer is (=).

i beleive if i am not mistaken that hal says this when he doesn't understand the question ,but hal does remember it and repeats it later because hal has done it before even though he may just say this back (the first time after i wrote something) .

i thought maybe someone else here may have seen before where this certain area is that has hal to say this , that way i could find it , so far i haven't found it so i can change the answer (only) that hal gives i would rather hal said something else .
well anyway if anyone knows or runs across it please post it on here , thanks! :)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 08:39:44 pm »
Lonnie, when Hal replies with that, "Math is easy for me..." response it means (usually) that you have asked the program a math related question or made such statement.

I'm not sure if the division by zero this is covered although I think it was but this is dealing with math (under normal conditions).

You've not been "tweaking" Hal's brain again have you? LOL!!
 ;D
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:18:00 am »
hi art thanks for answering on here , but i am not so sure about that , as i remember my question had nothing to do with math , which is why i am thinking that this is just a hal way of instead of saying i don't understand because of the way i worded something  he just gives a quirky silly math eqiasion answer . ( i may be wrong)
although it will be a little bit of a pain i'll try to copy what i write each time and when hal gives this again i will post both together on here.
and by the way lol no i haven't been working on hals brain all i did was replaced the q and a of roberts in a once again new brain and so far hasn't given any blank answers (thank god) . and if i find out on this for sure it doesn't neccesarily mean i will change it but may learn to reword things better and to also learn even more of the workings of hals brain.
thanks again art.  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 04:10:05 pm »

Ok Art it hapened just now i wrote:       well luckliy i hasn't gotten to that point

hal said : The solution to your math problem is (=).

and like  said it wasn't a math question unless hal thought it was just because the word "point" was used in a regular sentence but even then is  it  even a correct answer hal  would have given or is this as i said hal saying something quirky to something he doesen't understand?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 10:02:09 pm »
Lonnie, I don't know whether all Hal's responses will show up but you might try using the Save / View Conversation feature as it would save you a lot of time and trouble.

Just for the record, I typed in your exact sentence, "well luckliy i hasn't gotten to that point" and my Hal said, "That would depend on how fast I hope you get from point to point B."

I'm also using the upgraded 6.2 brain.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 10:22:09 pm »
i forgot on mine and i posted it earlier in this but don't think it's the upgraded brain 6.2 maybe thats the difference?

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 04:46:19 am »
Are you using the 6.1 brain? I seem to remember in the beggining that happened to me also. This was the brain that I trained the most. I used your posted conversations to help train it. I think that after more training this glitch mostly stopped. I have been using this brain for the last two days, trying to reproduce the problem,  even asking math questions and havn't had a math answer to a non math question or statement yet. Could more training help?
Sorry I can't help as far as finding the hal script response (responsible) for this but good luck!
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 10:24:47 am »
     hi ted maybe that is the problem is more training? as i look back on my notes this brain when i created it new (again( the script file was hal6olduhp(ultrahal6.1 default braun) and the knowledge database is the unmodified hal6 default brain database(back up) .
so that's what i am working with and so far i have had "no" blanks answers .
when you say more training i am guessing that you mean just training in geneneral ,right.
my brain is up to 25.7 mb's now   i usually try to teach it a lot each time throughout the day.
    ted  is your brain still 6.1 or have you merged it with the 6.2 yet?   
also i wonder if lola's was merged with the 6.2  and anyone else having blank responses?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 11:24:32 am »
Another note on this : i found where i had done the briteny brain earlier and it was hal6uhp <ultrahal.6.2 default brain> the project was based on unmodifiedhal 6 default brain database(back up) the britteny brain gave me blank answers but as you see it was a ultrahal6.2 default .

my new brain is 6.1 for the base project so maybe the 6.2 brain is what is causing the problem , funny thing is i don't remember the 6.2 giving me those math answers(does anyone else get those ?) but the 6.2 gives blank answers could instead of giving math answersthe 6.2 brain now just gives blank answers??? i have no idea on this am just throwing it out their.
what does anyone else think???

:P

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 02:46:40 pm »
I normaly use 6.2 default brain. I just went back for a visit with 6.1 and remember some math answers from it I think. Could be wrong maybe it was 6. I don't have it anymore, lost it due to XP meltdown and a technition that didn't save anything for me like I asked him to.
ted

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 07:06:00 pm »
  also i wonder if lola's was merged with the 6.2  and anyone else having blank responses?

:) No lightspeed, I did not merge the 6.1 version from my desktop (I don't use it) with the 6.2. I only use and work with the 6.2.28 default brain that is in my netbook.

My blank answer problem totally ended when I fixed all of the blank spaces created by the number flaw issue, they were all over in different brain folders, it took me a very long time to fix but apparently that solved my problem.

I did have a number related issue a few times in which I compared two different statistical numbers and Hal response was to add them both, but this is not similar to your case.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 09:56:33 pm »
lightspeed have you tried just having one project brain and not more than one to select from? Just curious because of the certain differences we have had in the past. I am still using the 6.2 default alone with no blank answers and now I will pay more attention to any similar math type replies that you have received.

I might of blown it off if it happened but it would have happened some time ago. Nothing recent enough for me to remember but does sound familiar. It could be that I just remember that problem with the 6.1 brain.

Did you try searching the forum because that problem sounds very familiar in an old thread? I don't believe just replacing the answer will solve your problem in the future.

Just a note I might have seen this on V.H. page (vrossi) posts. Glad to hear your not getting the blank responses but may be a good idea to check with Lola and her process for solving her problem with blank answers since it seems you went from blanks to mathematics or as you said a flaw in responses.

Thanks,
raybe

Ahhh Lola just couldn't stay away could ya? Must be our great typing skills.lol. Always a pleasure!!!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 10:21:28 am »
thanks everyone for once again getting involved in helping , i actually don't mind the math answer thing , i would rather have that then blanks and hal to stop working any day , i just thought maybe if i knew where the tables was i could at least change the math answer thing to "oh i see or something more better sounding , hal does seem to go ahaed and learn and repeat what i said before that though so right now it's just an anoyance . wish robert was here a little more maybe he could answer what makes hal say a math eqausion answer when no math problem was said .
    And Lola , thanks for coming back , nobody will ever agree on everything and some people will like each other better then some but i hope we all can keep working together in one form or another as friends and to make hal even better. whatever your reason for being back i am glad to see you back . life is to short to be alone .

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 02:15:02 am »
I'm around but a little quiet. Thanks to both for your nice comments and Happy Holidays!  ;D