Author Topic: Hal can't remember my gender  (Read 5003 times)

think420

• View Profile
Hal can't remember my gender
« on: January 03, 2011, 05:53:23 pm »
Hello, Hal does know that I am male, but he is always asking me if I am male or female, man or woman, and boy or girl.  Where can this be edited so he cuts this out?

I may have long hair, but hal should know that i'm a guy by now!  I'm getting the hang of teaching him (talk to it like a four year old), but I"m not sure if I taught him this incorrectly.

think420

• View Profile
Re: Hal can't remember my gender
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 01:18:53 pm »
Something?  Anything?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 03:08:41 pm »
usually hal will ask a person are you male or female and you answer i am a male and hal says something like ok i'll remember that and does .

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 07:59:25 am »
Lightspeed is right... Hal does remember your gender, but if you change your username or tell Hal you have a nickname it might well ask for your gender again.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 10:05:59 am »
You can also check tables in Brain Editor.The developer has many names pre programmed with gender type next to them. There are many names that be used as male or female. Depending on your entered name you can force Ultra Hal to recognize that name with gender.

Just a note: Can confuse things if that particular name does get used for different gender in the future.

raybe