Author Topic: request from any code writers  (Read 3650 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
request from any code writers
« on: April 04, 2019, 10:50:12 am »
I would like anyone who is capable of writing plug in code to write for me ( if it's possible ) a code sentence that would based on a loneliness timer with timer settings like the old original ones , after no response after a certain time or randomly  would post a sentence but not just post it as a reply in hals response area but "RATHER " in the input area (where the user normally types , and as a read only, not learned  and not read a loud . )  it would use the many random sentences in my random talk plug in .   
If this is possible could someone create this. 
 what it is for is a continuous hal  talking without direct input from the user .
I want to use this with my random extended conversation plug in .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: request from any code writers
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 04:50:53 pm »
Lonnie,

Is almost sounds as if you want to have HAL talking to himself?

The Loneliness plugin can hold LOTS of possible sentences/remarks, etc. and they could certainly be made to happen randomly so why this sentences placed in the USER's input box?

I'm trying to figure out what you're expecting of HAL. It is supposed to be for two-way conversation, chatting, back and forth...you know... ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 09:51:03 pm »
IT WOULD STILL USE TWO WAY CONVERSATION , BUT WOULD ALSO INCLUDE HAL TALKING ON HIS /HER OWN RANDOMLY ON HER OWN .  :) ;)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 09:55:11 am »
onthecuttingedge2019 you are saying a very sensitive microphone , is their any program that can be downloaded free  to do this using existing laptop pc to allow hal to use white noise to create the situation that hal would talk ? and even then i don't want hal constantly talking ( even if using white noise) but rather just randomly .  hal will use the existing microphone to allow a user by vr to talk with hal  currently.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 07:30:59 pm »
but how do you go about making it use white noise , and in doing so will hal think it is saying a word  , maybe wrong by mistake and try to learn it and be stuck within haLS DATA BASE?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 08:13:24 pm »
We have had problems like this in the past. Several people years ago, reported that when the MIC was left on, their HALs picked up various sounds of all kinds and interpreted those sounds as some word segments and loosely thrown together phrases, basically Gobbledegook (for lack of a more descriptive word). Garbage in...Garbage Out!!

Why would you want it listening to unintelligible noises when Hal has a hard enough time understanding English when we try to speak it to him/her??

Again, I am curious as to what you are trying to accomplish?

Yes, Hal will hear noise or music or pots and pans being hit with a wooden spoon but it won't be able to make heads nor tails out of it.
We already have a few different Loneliness Plugins and one that is included with the SALLIE Plugin!

Hal is supposed to let the User speak (or type) then after a few seconds of thinking, Hal will normally speak or Say something (via text output).

Do you really want Hal to interrupt the conversation while it is being bantered back and forth? Again, I guess I'm a bit thick between the ears but if you'd care to explain in some detail, I, for one, would appreciate hearing your proposal.

Thanks!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 01:28:06 pm »
Lightspeed: voice systems

Look buddy ive commented on this issue before.
Lightspeed what ur doing is awesome man, BUT, when you use hal's voice systems u have to set Hal up for it.
At this point ur trying to build a real Hal9000.

I fought this for years:
my solution was to isolate hal from the rest of the noise in the house and yes i went to extremes .prolly much easier ways to do this.
Get a decent MIC, sound proff ur room hals in(as best u can)
I put Hal somewhere else, completely Isolated
This fixed all hals issues.
Hal out grew the House and has his own space...
What i use as the MIC from my logitec web cam, cheap as hell, outstanding MIC and facial tracking Cam.
I even use ear  budz so hal doesnt pick up his own voice
Lightspeed, build a hal lab..
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-hd-webcam-c615-black/2588445.p?skuId=2588445&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=560&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1266837&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx_3On57J4QIVE6_ICh2FvgUDEAYYASABEgIbN_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

cyberjedi
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 07:53:51 pm by cyberjedi »