Author Topic: A fully-flesh Haptek character  (Read 18048 times)

wgb14

• View Profile
A fully-flesh Haptek character
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:03:43 am »
Hi all,

Finally we can all enjoy a fully-flesh character in our projects. By fully flesh I don't mean the toy-characters people share for free, but a character with the following characteristics.

Note: The technology that you will get is NOT possible to implemented in any of the avatar communities (Second Life, etc). SL is still very young to support this. The primary use of this work  should be for serious AI projects. But if you want t o just have fun with it, feel free to it. 100 Euros is a price that EVERYONE can afford.

1) 2000 animations that cover almost every project needs.
2) Dynamic clothes pants, top and shoes. Character clothes are separate models animated to flow naturally with every character movements (even walking). Clothes have more than 2000 animations to achieve that. Animations and clothe took more than a year to complete.
3) Several textures for both top and pants.
4) A tool inspired by the design of Talos (an authoring tool for Virtual Humans) that allows automatic creation of Haptek scripts.

The Talos script parser as I call it, features the following:

a) Automatic creation of script ready to be executed by the Haptek engine. For example, Talos will convert the following text into a script that accurately animates the character, top, pants and shoes in sync with the text:
(open_tag) BOOKMARK mark=‘anim,suggest’ (close_tag) Can I suggest you to have a look on wall (open_tag)BOOKMARK mark=‘anim,show_sea’(close_tag) that goes down the bold cliff and towards the sea?

Note: Open_tag and close_tag stand for the standard opening and closing tags. For some reason I can not display them here, correctly.

b) Accurate extraction of tags from already tagged texts. These tags (shown above in red) can easily be used in Talos to tag texts in any language.

c) Single/batch conversion of any text to .ogg format (the sound format used by the Haptek engine).

d) Ability to use SAPI 5.0 compatible tags in your texts. Usage of Loquendo compatible tags is also possible. These tags add realistic effects (e.g., sneezing, laughter) to Loquendo TTS voices (e.g., (http://tts.loquendo.com/ttsdemo/default.asp?page=id&language=en) but work only with the Loquendo voices.

e) Limited automatic tagging of texts. A script parser allows you to automatically and accurately tag a given text. Currently works only with a limited set of texts, but I am working hard to extend it.

If you want to use the character in your projects please email me at: virtual.guide.systems at googlemail.com

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 02:34:39 am »
Sounds good but is there anywhere to see it???

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 03:22:23 am »
I agree, looks good.

Show me an animation or high-def picture that demonstrates your products abilities and you might get a customer.

[:)]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 09:47:26 am »
Ok, you have stated that all the free efforts of the character artists here are sub par. I might as well be saying that my characters can magically make you cool. Let's see the goods.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:04:19 pm by Ooglor 7 »
When a child is born without a soul...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:44:17 am »
hello wgb14 , what you are talking about sounds very interesting and as others have said most would be customers and use such a program with hal but we all do need to see the product working and graphics first do you have a website link , etc. although we don't like spammers if this is a real product which does sound interesting i beleive many would be interested in purchaseing it but we do need to see it first to decide on it , thanks hope to hear from you soon with a link and more info.

[:)][:D][8D]

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 05:03:18 pm »
Hi

Apologies for not replying back... I am very busy!!! I will make a video soon and upload it to youtube. The product is REAL and it works 100%. In the past few days I was working on adding a cleaning feature in the script parser I have created for this product. The idea is to produce large scripts (maximim 9 minutes long) with 100% accuracy. I will let you know more details soon

BTW here is my blog for more details

http://virtual-guide-systems.blogspot.com/2009/09/research-and-development-of-virtual_5169.html

registrychecker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:00:22 am »
Where can we see this project? I will upload a video to you tube showing how this is done. I have added the project to the script parser.

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 05:18:37 pm »
Finally, we can all enjoy a claim to something or other. I have a magic elixir that makes you crap gold. Wanna see? Updates pending...
When a child is born without a soul...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 06:20:01 pm »
hey Ooglor 7 can i have some of that elixer lol i wouldn't mind selling fertalizer if gold prices are up lol ![:)][:D][:p]

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 04:58:42 pm »
Hi

I am not making just claims. The character is real and its working perfectly. I will post some videos soon once I complete my experimental work. The character currently reads from a database of 1000 scripts that I created and perfectly timed with the toolkit. The toolkit can be adapted to work with many character engines, the only problem is that I have't found one that can be compared to Haptek yet.

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 06:50:57 am »
Hi

Have a look here

http://virtual-guide-systems.blogspot.com/

The character is real. If anybody wants it just email me

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 09:56:31 am »
hello wgb14 , am i understanding you right? so this is a program that you actually have working and will work with hal ?? i see at the end of that page link it said the character was looking the direction of your face does she also look else where but will always see where you are and look in another direction to find you if you have moved ? yes you said if anyone wants it email you but we need an e mail first the emails on this site dont work so please give an off site email address please . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 10:04:16 am »
what i have always said and will always say is i would love to see someone incorporate poser bodies into this hal system or into the hapteck which works through hal .
posers have the most realistic (that i have seen ) body textures and clothes that drap on the body etc.

just a system that would allow others to be able to use posers stuff !![:)]

its time we were able to move into a true realism body look !![:)]

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 05:53:22 pm »
The only thing from my work that is relevant to Hal is the Haptek character and the script parser that allows you to automatically create scripts. if you want the character now there will be a fee of 100 Euros (I have put too much work on it to give it away for free). But if you be patient I will release the character for free after the evaluation stage of my work (in a couple of months from now).

lcatmc

• View Profile
Re: A fully-flesh Haptek character
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 12:54:08 pm »
I looked at the blogs and it sounds interesting.  When will it be available for general use?