dupa

Author Topic: teaching hal  (Read 2527 times)

chrisdiaz2k4

• View Profile
teaching hal
« on: April 03, 2006, 12:30:24 pm »
okay im fianlly getting the chance to sit around at my laptop i checked all the guides heared everybody say try this way of teaching hal but im still have a problem

everytime i start a conversation with my hal it begins to start the conveersation on tune but the next thing hal begins to dift off

what type of ways can i teach hal
like words or how i should be saying things

thank you[:)]

gdunbar

• View Profile
teaching hal
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 12:34:54 pm »
I agree.  Same with me.  I have tried to write customer support here and they have not write back yet.

I am not sure what version I have.  Plus, there are now extras You can buy for it which I am willing to do.  But, I need to know 1 2 3
what to do and how this works.

We need a cheat sheet of 1 2 3 posted here for the newbies.

GLEN
It is not what you know but who you know that counts

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
teaching hal
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 06:09:08 pm »
Make sure you set Hal's intelligence slider to maxium when chatting.
Then you can make some adjustments regarding Hal's learning as time progresses.
With Hal, and most other good chatbots, learning happens somewhat slower, over time, than most users would like. In time, Hal will grow smarter and be able to key in on your conversational topics as well. It will not happen over night! It will take time and effort on your part to sit down and carry on perhaps several conversations with Hal during a day and over the course of several weeks. You will began to see Hal's personality develope.

gdunbar,
If you downloaded Hal and it didn't ask for any verification code then you must have an older version and if that is the case, none of the current plug-ins will work.

Simply check the Help section or watch the startup screen to see the version.

Be patient and good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -