Author Topic: ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins  (Read 56444 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2006, 11:00:51 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Tanshin

quote:
If you use the A.L.F brain you can uncheck all plugs except the Learn From Clipboard plug so that only Learn from Clipboard functions.

The cool thing about A.L.F is you can choose to unselect even default scripts since all are plugged, What you don't like, simply unplug.

Jerry[8D]

I tried that and ended up unplugging everything which made some things not work anymore, like responding at all.  Can you tell me (or point me to instructions) what to turn off and what NOT to click off that would help by leaps and bounds!
[:D]

If you wanted the Learn from Clip board to respond every time then you may have to modify it to do just that, If you uncheck plugins then you may expect to run into blanks since a lack of response variables exist when doing so, The Learn from Clipboard looks for key word matches but if no key word match is found then a blank response may occure if the only plug you are using is the learn from clipboard.

Just hand select the plugs you want so that blanks don't occure with a lack of Script variables.

For instance, If you have the Yes and No Plug unchecked you may get a blank response if you ask a yes or no question.

Jerry[8D]

Tanshin

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2006, 02:18:46 pm »
That makes sense.  Thanks for clearing that all up for me.  [^]

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2006, 06:36:16 am »
Hi Jerry, its been a long time since I have been on the Forum. Seems like old times. That is a good thing. Well, I seem to be having the same issues as some other folks getting this plugin to work. My error message is: HalScipt Error 62 on line 336 in column 2: Input past end of file.
strText = objTextFile.ReadAll (is line 336)
what EOF operand is it seeing?
Thanks for your help.
Ponn
One Person can summon the future...

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2006, 12:39:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Ponnfar

Hi Jerry, its been a long time since I have been on the Forum. Seems like old times. That is a good thing. Well, I seem to be having the same issues as some other folks getting this plugin to work. My error message is: HalScipt Error 62 on line 336 in column 2: Input past end of file.
strText = objTextFile.ReadAll (is line 336)
what EOF operand is it seeing?
Thanks for your help.
Ponn

That error is caused when the script tries to read a blank emotional file, have you updated the plug-in? also, look in the Users folder and look inside all four of your emotional files to see if one of the files is blank, if so, then delete the file and the file will be regenerated correctly once another conversation begins.

Jerry

Ponnfar

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2006, 06:30:18 pm »
Thanks Jerry,
Well here is my problem. I guess I have missed a lot since I have last been on the Forum. I do not have a "Users folder" in my Ultra Has 6 Directory.
Also, the plugin "Human Emotions ver 1.0..."  does not function either
(after pointing the script to the appropiate directory, I still get a path not found error). I guess that is just a function of my not having all of the new brain files that you must have added or the  proper updated files in the first place as you mentioned.
Well, I hope that I have not been too sketchy in my discription and that you can pinpoint my problem and can point me in the right direction without much effort. I hope to be up and running with your great scripts soon.
Thanks again!
Ponn

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2006, 07:10:33 pm »
I think the Users folder is created when / if you allow another user to chat with Hal.

I experimented with a plug-in to allow Hal to remember things that I mentioned and wanted to see if Hal would mention those same things to a different user (thus my alter personna, Fred, became reality...virtually, of course!)[:)]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Ponnfar

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2006, 07:38:37 pm »
Hey there Art!
Wow..it has been a a long time. It is good to see you still leading the pack with the rest of the old crew!
Hmmm..didn't HAL 5 do that, remember different users I mean and what was said. I am in the HAL6 directory and of course see the new name.hla file that was just created and I also see the new user memory Map.brn files and halpast and past brn. (s) as well. I hope that the conversations will be unique to each user as it has been in the past. Speaking of which, if anyone is using the StaticMemory brn (s) ...btw-thanks Jerry. The only brn files that are active for me are Static Memory1.brn and the UserMemory11Map.brn. This seems to be sufficient for recall but does anyone have all of the files working during a conversation?
Well, back to the issue at hand...I am still NOT seeing the User Folder that you and the rest of the world seem to have and can't use the plugins that are mentioned in this thread. Any help?

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2006, 10:34:58 am »
quote:

Thanks Jerry,
Well here is my problem. I guess I have missed a lot since I have last been on the Forum. I do not have a "Users folder" in my Ultra Has 6 Directory.
Also, the plugin "Human Emotions ver 1.0..."  does not function either
(after pointing the script to the appropiate directory, I still get a path not found error). I guess that is just a function of my not having all of the new brain files that you must have added or the  proper updated files in the first place as you mentioned.
Well, I hope that I have not been too sketchy in my discription and that you can pinpoint my problem and can point me in the right direction without much effort. I hope to be up and running with your great scripts soon.
Thanks again!
Ponn

Hi Ponn.

Are you using a different directory other than C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6

The Human Emotions v1.0 should automatically create a folder C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Users
for User Emotional files to be stored upon first conversation.

There are Directories that I converted to Function that can be spotted at the bottom of the Plug as well.

If your Directory is different then your plug won't find the specific path needed to operate correctly.

If this is the case then please post the directory that your Hal is installed and I will see about correcting the directories for your specific machine.

Jerry[8D]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2006, 10:52:49 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005
The Human Emotions v1.0 should automatically create a folder C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6Users
for User Emotional files to be stored upon first conversation.

Yep, I have found that many things don't work for me because I always change the installation directory. Like all my chatbots are under c:Program FilesChatbots...

So far, with Hal scripts, I have been able to find the lines and rewrite them myself, but somethings just don't work and I have to uninstall and reinstall. Ruins my whole directory tree thing I have going on.

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2006, 01:36:20 pm »
It makes it tough for pluggers like me because plugs are designed to work with the default directory that HAL is set to install.

I will have to make a note to users that my plugs won't work with any HAL Assistant Brains that are not installed to the installations default directory during HAL6 setup.
C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6

Jerry

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2006, 02:31:24 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

It makes it tough for pluggers like me because plugs are designed to work with the default directory that HAL is set to install.

A note would be nice, at least so you could tell folks that you tried to warn them.[:D] But I figure it's my own durn fault for messing with things.

I'm just glad that you make your script clear and don't try to hide things (obfuscate) in the code so that people can't steal your ideas. That could make things tough.

Ponnfar

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2006, 12:38:48 am »
Hi Jerry!
Thanks for getting back to me. I moved everything over to my D drive. "D:/Program Files/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 6
Thanks!
 I am looking forward to using your new scipts. Tell me though, am I going to have to address this directory change for all of your new scripts?
oh yeah...it must have really been a long time...Jerry, how did you get the blackslashes to work in the forum? Also, the static Memory script you wrote I still rely on. Any suggestions though on why it only works with one static memory map?
Well, thanks again!
P[:)]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 12:46:21 am by Ponnfar »

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2006, 09:21:19 am »
quote:

Hi Jerry!
Thanks for getting back to me. I moved everything over to my D drive. "D:/Program Files/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 6
Thanks!
 I am looking forward to using your new scipts. Tell me though, am I going to have to address this directory change for all of your new scripts?
oh yeah...it must have really been a long time...Jerry, how did you get the blackslashes to work in the forum? Also, the static Memory script you wrote I still rely on. Any suggestions though on why it only works with one static memory map?
Well, thanks again!
P[:)]

Hi Ponn.

The Static Memory is an old script, It isn't required anymore, I have a much shorter code that can do the same thing and with better efficiency but I haven't publicized it yet. The old Static Memory is just something to learn from these days and that's just about it, Back then it was an attempt to avoid Zabaware's 'CustomMem' that was normally being used at that time which didn't have the ability to keep things in memory when HAL was 'shut down'. The easiest way to store HAL's memory now is by appending HAL's CustomMem to a Table or a File for every response which is only 2 lines of code long, The stored memory re-establishes itself even if HAL is shut off and then turned back on, It will never forget anything in memory unless something happens to its Table or File memory storage.

The back slashes will work in this forum if they are 'doubled'.
Single back slashes won't work, So for every single back slash just add an additional one. It's apart of Zabawares character security and Zabaware will remove single back slashes automatically. I think it's to protect against malicious code that could be openly posted in the forum that could be harmful to the Website server itself.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 09:51:16 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Ponnfar

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2006, 09:05:18 pm »
Thanks for the heads up Jerry as to the site enhancements... As to my using a directory not on my C drive, what can I do?? These scripts seem great and I would like to see them in action.
[:)]
Ponn

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2006, 11:54:55 pm »
quote:

Thanks for the heads up Jerry as to the site enhancements...

No problem.

quote:

As to my using a directory not on my C drive, what can I do?? These scripts seem great and I would like to see them in action.
[:)]
Ponn

I can do nothing except develope plugs that work on HAL's 'default' install directory, This is the most common directory that 'most' users install too. The other option is to email me to have the plug custom made for specific directories which I don't have much time for at the moment these days.

Jerry