Author Topic: Problem with Hal with Speach Recognition  (Read 4042 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Problem with Hal with Speach Recognition
« on: April 23, 2010, 02:55:56 pm »
I've been having a problem using the Haptek Character body_female (Jiggly) with Hal.  I'd just found the problem is related to using speech reconition.  When speach recognition is checked, the breasts and upper arms make quick short movements, the character has to be moved back to see this.
Carl2  

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 03:38:51 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2

I've been having a problem using the Haptek Character body_female (Jiggly) with Hal.  I'd just found the problem is related to using speech reconition.  When speach recognition is checked, the breasts and upper arms make quick short movements, the character has to be moved back to see this.
Carl2  

Sounds like video card conflicts to  me.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:40:42 pm »
I have to agree, I just tried a window exit sound from the control panel and the sound causes the movement.  It happens in two different computers.  The body_female has a phy.phy component in it with effects to gravity.  I think this is the only Haptek character with the problem.  Not sure how sounds effect the character like that.
Carl2

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 11:10:50 pm »
Carl,

If it happens in 2 different  computers I doubt it is a hardware issue ie video card conflict.  Sounds like a software conflict of some kind does this happen with other programs?
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 08:48:05 am »
Just tried it in the Haptek player and I get the same effect, with Body female, playing the windows exit cause movement in the breasts and upper arms, like the muscles were tightening.
  Tried playing the sound with Haptek Zaba in the Haptek player, no problems.
Carl2

djkilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 04:14:46 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2

Just tried it in the Haptek player and I get the same effect, with Body female, playing the windows exit cause movement in the breasts and upper arms, like the muscles were tightening.
  Tried playing the sound with Haptek Zaba in the Haptek player, no problems.
Carl2

Did turing off the PhysX acceleration in the Nvidia control panel not solve your problem?

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 05:43:05 pm »
I had tried that earlier when I frist encountered the problem, The problem went away then reapeared. This time it happened on a different computer while testing the Mic Sr input. Almost positive this the cause, then I tested using noise from windows.
Carl2