Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 227206 times)

Lola

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2010, 03:04:46 am »
[:D] GREAT NEWS! You solved the puzzling puzzle! the GRETTA Curiosity Function is working! No error messages at all!!!

A very minor quirk still persist but it is not important because once you set the plug-in options the Hal program remembers them and the plug-in works great.

The quirk is just to select another random plug-in first in order to make the curiosity options to appear, but it only needs to be done once to set it up and probably again if I need to change the options, no real big deal.

I'm so happy that I'm just going ahead to update my other plug-ins!

[:D] [:D] [:D] THANKS SO MUCH DUDE!!! [:D] [:D] [:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2010, 07:37:36 am »
Hey jason dude , maybe your curiosity plug in is why i have been getting the hal error 13 on line 4490 in columne 8 . The ciriosity one is the one i use .
can you post the newest file that lola got so i can get it and i can delete the old file i have . , thanks . [:)]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2010, 03:38:42 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Lola

[:D] GREAT NEWS! You solved the puzzling puzzle! the GRETTA Curiosity Function is working! No error messages at all!!!

A very minor quirk still persist but it is not important because once you set the plug-in options the Hal program remembers them and the plug-in works great.

The quirk is just to select another random plug-in first in order to make the curiosity options to appear, but it only needs to be done once to set it up and probably again if I need to change the options, no real big deal.

I'm so happy that I'm just going ahead to update my other plug-ins!

[:D] [:D] [:D] THANKS SO MUCH DUDE!!! [:D] [:D] [:D]

Good!
Yeah, I noticed you are using the GrettaMedia plugin. The GrettaMusicIdle plugin works from the GrettaMedia plugin (you have to have GrettaMedia plugin set-up and working with a indexed music directory before you can use GrettaMusicIdle) and makes it so that Hal can listen to music on it's own (after idle). It will turn the music off (if Hal was playing some at the time) when you go to talk to him again. I got it working again....I had changed some other plugins which affected this one, and made it useless. Well anyway, it's working now. (can't believe I missed that one) I thought you might be interested in it since you are using GrettaMedia.

Fixing the GrettaMusicIdle plugin was a "brain melter"[:p]

I'm glad it worked for you. The thing is....everyone has a different system, and believe it or not, I can sometimes not see an error (on my system) that appears instantly on someone else's system. And I don't have the computer so that I can see what is happening. I also don't have any experience with win7. I have noticed some errors happening with the hal shell since people started using win7. It might seem to be related to a certain plugin, but it might not be. For example, the GrettaLonely and GrettaCuriosity plugins use almost the same code...why I never get any errors and you get an error with one on the menu is a mystery to me. The only clue that I have had personally with the menus is when I updated my .Net for windows. After I did that, the "brain" that I choose in the menu doesn't stay highlighted. I have to do almost the same thing you were talking about to get it to stay focused. This happens with or without plugins. Also the .Net update that I did is included in win7.....coincidence?

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2010, 04:00:49 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

Hey jason dude , maybe your curiosity plug in is why i have been getting the hal error 13 on line 4490 in columne 8 . The ciriosity one is the one i use .
can you post the newest file that lola got so i can get it and i can delete the old file i have . , thanks . [:)]

Go here for the newest files.

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6278

At the top of the first post "gretta plugins", there is a link that always has the latest files. I update them at the same link every time. Also, if you look at the bottom of that first post, you will see the latest update notes.

What you need to do, is get a program that has a "line counter" in it. Such as "Crimson Editor" (the one I use). When you get an error "popup", then: without touching anything to do with hal or the error screen, (don't worry if additional errors popup...they are meaningless after the first error) open the editor program of your choice that has a line counter and open (in the hal main folder) "HalScript.dbg". Use the editor to go to the line number that was in the error popup. When you look at that line, you will see that it is (probably) part of a plugin. You can go edit your plugins to see which one has that line (and surrounding lines) in it. Once you know what plugin it is, then you can:
1 - get the latest version of that plugin (see if that is a fix)
2 - if that doesn't do it then post the line from "HalScript.dbg" that gave the error, and the plugin that you are using...along with a list of your other plugins. This will help me find the problem.

For your info: the current brain .uhp file that you are using along with the plugin .uhp files you are using, make up the whole script that you are running. That "entire" script...in it's current form (it changes order sometimes) is copied to the file: "HalScript.dbg". The error line numbers you are seeing are not from just one file, but instead from a compilation of several files. The "HalScript.dbg" file is a copy of all of the script together in it's current order. It will change when you do things in hal, that's why you need to look at "HalScript.dbg" when the error happens, before you end up changing the script by doing something like closing hal or going to the hal menu or closing the error window...ect.

I hope I explained that okay.....[:I]

Lola

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2010, 08:48:34 pm »
I spend almost all night, last night updating and experimenting with the new plug-ins updates. Once I tried your GrettaMusicIdle plugin, I got hooked on it trying to see which songs Hal was going to choose next, as I have 10GB of songs. I loved it, it is certainly a great plug-in to have!

So I updated the GRETTA Curiosity, Lonely, Media and added the MusicIddle to my collection. Checked them all, and so far they are all running nice and smooth!  By the way, the GrettaMedia plugin is my second best and I use it ALL the time!

Well Dude, I think you might have nailed the most likely clue to the quirk, I already had multitude of insane problems with .Net framework with my Win XP desktop, so now I'm being very careful with their updates in my Win 7 netbook were Hal resides. Just a couple of weeks ago a new large .NET update came up but I totally skipped it because I found out that there were already lots of problems and errors with its installation.  You should consider experimenting with the Win7, so far I'm very impressed and satisfied with it, I could use most of my Win XP software with it and does quite well in a simple and cheap netbook like mine, try it sometime I think you'll be surprised as how smooth and cool Win7 is.

Well Dude, bye now and THANKS once again![:D]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2010, 05:39:53 pm »
Added GRETTA System Monitor plugin.  [:)]

get it at the link in the first post as always:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6278

the install instructions are on that post and in a text file in the zip.

Yea! [:D]

tedathome

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2010, 10:25:17 pm »
Hi jasondude. Tryed system monitor with Vista. Defalt folder is the same as XP. Followed your instructions as to registering .dll but it couldn't be found. I think I don't quite understand how to do that. Also read the .uhp and noticed that it is an idle responce that uses the minit timer so that other timer plugins should be unchecked when using this one?
EDIT:
I unchecked other idle plugin but one seems to still be working.
Your new plugin is working without regestering .dll so I know it will work for vista if I can register the .dll

Here is the idle response I got.

The description for Event ID 7036 in Source "Service Control Manager" cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer
The description for Event ID 7036 in Source "Service Control Manager" cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts. This was an actual hal response.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:19:20 am by tedathome »
ted

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2010, 06:12:06 pm »
you can use as many idle plugins as you want. the only thing you have to worry about is: are they wrote to be compatible with each other? all of mine are, and i run them all at the same time without error.

i don't know anything about vista, and registering a file. in xp, the way i do it, is to use the windows command prompt. (like dos prompt) then i go to the directory where the .dll is (logparser.dll), and type:
regsvr32 LogParser.dll
which in windows command prompt looks like:

C:Program FilesLog Parser 2.2>regsvr32 LogParser.dll

then it gives me a popup message that says success.
maybe someone with vista experience can give you an idea how to register it.
here are the xp instructions:

Installation:
Step 1 - Unzip the file into a folder of choice. (doesn't matter where)
Step 2 - The zip file contains a folder called "GrettaSystemMonitor". Inside that folder you will see a file called "LogParser.msi". Click on it to install.
Step 3 - Once "LogParser.msi" is installed, use the windows command prompt to go to the install directory. By default (In windows XP) it is: "C:Program FilesLog Parser 2.2\"
Step 4 - At the command prompt "C:Program FilesLog Parser 2.2>" type (WITHOUT THE QUOTE MARKS): "regsvr32 LogParser.dll" and press enter. (this will register the .dll file that the plugin uses. If successful, it will give a popup "success" message.)
Step 5 - In the folder "GrettaSystemMonitor", you will find a file called "GrettaSystemMonitor.uhp". Copy it to the Ultra Hal main directory.
Step 6 - Start Hal, and go to the "Brain" options screen. Check the plugin called "GRETTA System Monitor". Then click "Apply" in the right hand corner.

**When I say "wondows command prompt", I don't mean click (in xp) "start", "run"  .....but instead i mean the command prompt program. which in xp is started by clicking "start", "all programs", "accesories", "command prompt"

[:p]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:49:40 pm by jasondude7116 »

visad

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2010, 07:56:25 pm »
I am having a problem with all of the plugins that I have tested in this post. HAL is locking up and crashing on a Windows 7 X64 box. No error, just a debugger window popping up.
Visad

tedathome

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #234 on: July 15, 2010, 08:04:47 pm »
Thank you jasondude for your responce. I don't see how you could have explained it better. In "seeking my own salvation" I found that system requirements are for OS later than 98 but earlier than Vista. Security seems to be the issue and it won't even let administrater register the .dll[:)]
ted

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2010, 10:55:49 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

Thank you jasondude for your responce. I don't see how you could have explained it better. In "seeking my own salvation" I found that system requirements are for OS later than 98 but earlier than Vista. Security seems to be the issue and it won't even let administrater register the .dll[:)]

i started to do some research on the issue, but i quickly found out that without a vista system, i can't try anything to see if it is b.s. or real and working. i did see a lot of things that said that on vista...users that are listed as administrators do not have full admin rights, and things that are security issues like that are going to need full admin rights. then i saw about 50 ways to register it on vista. the logparser program is a microsoft program.

on this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=890cd06b-abf8-4c25-91b2-f8d975cf8c07&displaylang=en

it says:  System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP Professional Edition

sorry ted looks like no vista or win7 support. i started to look for a vista/ win7 version, but little time. it's hard for me to write and test things for systems i don't have. wish i had an easy answer for you.
one thing i do know....if i upgrade to win7, it looks like i will be doing some programming![:p]

tedathome

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2010, 01:09:46 am »
Thanks jasondude. I tryed several ways from admin standpoint, then went searching. Most of it was bs. Downloaded Log Parser Lizard GUI that guarnteed Log parser would install in Vista. No luck, out of ideas. It sugests to update .net framework, did that two days ago.
lol, if you really want a vista to work with, I think I might know a guy that's looking for an Xp! Just jokeing. I have the disk for dual booting, just don't enjoy re-booting all that much.[:)]
ted

raybe

• View Profile
Re: GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2010, 08:04:36 pm »
Hi jasondude, Just needed a couple of probable answers to a hick up with the 'research plugin'.  A) Should work with any character?  B) Internet explorer needs to be default browser?  C) Latest update was built in May, I believe? Any thing I could have missed or need to add because it worked fine for a short time and now it gives me a bizarre error. Didn't post but it was an error that stated error on line 0ne million something which I believe would not exist but Because I didn't follow up and just posted I was hoping you had some ideas even though I didn't give you a whole lot to go on, sorry. I understand if you need more info. I just was on our forum here and I figured I ask. Didn't even proceed with  normal procedures for plugin problems. I was here and posted. Hope everything is well.

Thank you,
rabe

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2010, 04:51:45 pm »
See the first post on this thread for instructions.
You must have Balabolka installed in the default location, or change the plugin to reflect the location. I don't know the answer to the default browser issue, the script is either calling the windows default browser or it is calling internet explorer (not sure). I have never looked into that or experimented with it. It does not give the response (reading the news) from the Ultra Hal program, because Ultra Hal does not "chain" the sentences of an output to the speech engine. (responses from Ultra Hal have a fairly short limit...booo :) ) To overcome this I am using Balabolka (tts program) to give the response. (unlimited size). If you are using a character for lip sync; it will not lip sync. This is a issue with the Ultra Hal program that I do not have the ability to change. It must be done by Robert. For now the response will go through the Balabolka program. See the first post for more instructions.

Hope that helps....good luck.
Holler if you can't figure something out!

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2010, 07:50:10 pm »
jasondude, thank you for the update news. But now out of curiosity I do need to look at the script because I thought it did specify IE. But could be very wrong. With you around nobody needs to holler. Thanks.

raybe