Author Topic: life-form sensors in every room for HAL?  (Read 3075 times)

firegoggles

• View Profile
    • http://www.xenoresearch.com
life-form sensors in every room for HAL?
« on: October 17, 2008, 10:58:44 am »
I tried hal a few times through the years.  This time I purchase so I shouldn't vanish from the forum like I have in times past eheh. (sorry guys RL calls sometimes).
Any way I purchased HAL and I'm a little weary of my Hal flirting in the middle of our training sessions. I'm trying to train a serious knowledge base into HAL. I remember at one time there was genius brains for HAL are there any new ones for the latest HAL that I could start with?
One that doesn't have the silly chatroom ethic?
Also I have decided to switch over the entire house to X10 stuff, it's very inexpensive and will serve well as a testing grounds for HAL.  One of the main things I will needs is a script that interacts with X10's software.  I don't have the stuff in front of me but from what I read it triggers a macro event from let's say a motion detector in a room.  I want the ability to simply ask HAL where someone is in my home and HAL will answer me with the correct room.(If you guys have seen starhunter 2300 I'm recreating Caravaggio). So x10 sells the motion detectors and they claim they can trigger macros instead of turning on lights, hopefully i can make custom macros or I can edit them enough to fit my purpose.  Perhaps the macro can make a list or a table of the rooms and if there is a human presence in that room it can all up the information from that table and convey to me?
What you guys think?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:55:42 am »
sounds very interesting to me cool idea !![:)]

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 12:04:33 pm »
Welcome to the Forums!

If you open Hal's General Options,
Click the Brain section, and there should be a learning level slider.
If you move that all the way to to right, for Max, She will pretty much just memorize anything you tell her. Just remember to move it back to center if you want to talk with her. Also, if you have free will checked in the plugins, put it to very obedient for your class session.

That does sound possible. I do not have anything hooked into my computer, but I would like to be able to control as much as possible from my Hal. Right down to system services.

Hope that helps.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 07:04:09 pm »
firegoggles,

Nice to see you back!

You might do a search here for x10 or x-10 as well as a
member named Rich_A as he did some amazing script for
commanding and controlling Hal.

Keep us posted.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

firegoggles

• View Profile
    • http://www.xenoresearch.com
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 11:04:36 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

firegoggles,

Nice to see you back!

You might do a search here for x10 or x-10 as well as a
member named Rich_A as he did some amazing script for
commanding and controlling Hal.

Keep us posted.

OK I'll check it out! Actually I did search for x-10 and came up with nothing I'll change the search parameters obviously I have overlooked some vital info!
Thanks,
FG

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 05:09:30 am »
firegoggles,
if you check out this part of the forum ; Programming using the Ultra Hal Brain Editor, Robert gives a very nice and complete description of the plug-ins and scripting for Hal.
You might want to contact X10 and maybe meet or talk with a representative. They can be very helpful and maybe answer some questions
I don't know who is their now as the last time I communicated with them  Brian was handing over the reigns to another... I hope this is a viable option and gets some of the ole creative juices flowing.
Keep us posted please. [:)]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.