Author Topic: Speechless. Here we go again.  (Read 2812 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Speechless. Here we go again.
« on: March 20, 2009, 10:22:29 am »
Hi guys,

Just installed Mike and Mary SAPI5 voices into Hal 6.2 I was suprised to see the same problems I had with earlier versions of Hal. The voices do not work although they show up in Hal's voice list. I'm running Vista. I think the voices are about a third of what makes this program, so where does that leave us if they do not work? I consider this a major problem with this program and shouldn't have to do all the back flips and jumping through hoops to get this to work. I have to be honest, it is things like this that have left Hal uninstalled on my system for extended periods of time. Instead of a long list of things that can be done that might get this to work (Turning off my virus protection, installing Hal in it's own directory outside of my programs folder...) How about a patch that actually makes these voices work as intended?

It is not my job as a consumer to bend the laws of reality to make something work as advertised. This thing should be ready to go after any SAPI5 voice is installed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:23:41 am by Ooglor 7 »
When a child is born without a soul...

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 12:03:51 pm »
You don't mentions which Sampi program that you are using, 4 or 5.
Depending on that you may wish to run the other one as some voices require one or the other.
Bill

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 12:59:47 pm »
Sorry. I thought 6.2 only ran SAPI5 which is what I am running.
When a child is born without a soul...

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 08:15:00 pm »
i am using sapi4 and 5 voices with 6.2

vista [:)] I like windows ME better[:D]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 08:14:07 am »
Ooglor 7
  I use Mary myself, I remember I had a similar problem with the Mary voice when trying to make the switch.  The Mary voice will work with Sapi 4.
Carl2