dupa

Author Topic: lightspeeds work in progress recipe instructional brain plug in  (Read 4178 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
I am currently working on (one of many projects ) a"recipe instructional" brain plug in , what it does is when a person says "recipe (whatever) the a.i. character will tell you how to make or cook something to eat !
example on my first entry i have deviled eggs .
I say "recipe deviled eggs " and my a.i. will tell me how to make deviled eggs by a recipe and what i need .

below is the first pic i took that shows it working (when i tested it (lol first time it worked but after working fine gave an error (error didn't even load at very first as most do  :() i check and found out i needed a space after a period in the sentence that also gave a slight pause , so that's fixed now.  ;)

Anyway it looks promising ! :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: lightspeeds work in progress recipe instructional brain plug in
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:41:37 pm »
Okay i hit a snag and i have been over this many times checking for spaces etc. am getting an error i even redid it from random 5 to a single and am getting an error on this other recipe  , can anyone see what i did wrong ? how do i need it to do a single answer?

here is the script and recipe i am having trouble with :

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA7

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "recipe for Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad") > 0 _
Or InStr(1, OriginalSentence,"recipe for Pasta Salad") > 0 Then

GetResponse = "Sure honey, this recipe is for one serving if you want it for two servings just double it. The Ingredients for that dear, are 1/8 (12 ounce) package uncooked tri-color rotini pasta. 1 slice bacon. 1 tablespoon and 1-3/4 teaspoons mayonnaise. 1 teaspoon dry ranch salad dressing mix 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder 1/8 teaspoon garlic pepper 2-1/2 teaspoons milk or as needed 1/8 large tomato, chopped 1/8 (4.25 ounce) can sliced black olives 1 tablespoon and 1-3/4 teaspoons shredded sharp Cheddar cheese. Now the directions on cooking it are, Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in rotini pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente; drain. 2. Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until evenly brown. Drain and chop. 3. In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix, garlic powder and garlic pepper. Stir in milk until smooth. Place bacon, tomato, black olives and cheese in bowl and toss to coat with dressing. Cover and chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Toss with additional milk if the salad seems a little dry."
End Select
HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = False
End If

Any help would be appreciated (i decided it was less trouble on more complicated recipes to do a single response then random ones for same recipes.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 05:54:46 pm »
Okay after turning blue in the face and twirling on the ground doing the curly shuffle i figured out my problem and am back on track !! it can be nerve wracking though !! :P

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:14:25 am »
Lol i thought maybe some might comment on my cooking tutorial plug in , maybe theirs less bachelor's here then i thought !!LOL ! Another thing i might add is when the a.i. character gives directions etc. how to cook something you can also copy it paste it and print it out if needed !
Anyway it's just something different to enhance hals capabilities ! :) ;)

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 02:01:29 pm »
I'm not a bachelor, happily married :) But I love cooking and good food. Just saw your post for the first time, I like the idea of a cook book plug-in. atm I use I have Trinity open up a cookbook program and have to search through it. This will be very helpful, Hope the rest goes well for ya.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 03:23:07 pm »
What might really be cool would be for Hal to search the Internet, find the suitable recipe, convert it for use in the GetResponse area and read it to the user.
It would save time on typing each recipe into a script for Hal or maybe Hal could just read it from the net. One would have to type a lot of recipes into Hal because let's see...how many different recipes are there...hmmm...OK...483,792,176 different recipes!! But that's only if you use barbeque sauce!! ;)

Nice one Lightspeed!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 07:22:03 pm »
LOL Art with that many variations of a recipe i think hal would blow a fuse (lost in space : that does not compute , that does not compute  :P!!") LOL
thanks for the nice comments guys , it can drive yah crazy sometimes when working long and deep on some things as you all know all it takes is a misplaced space or comma or period etc. !
I also posted another Angela conversation !