Author Topic: Hal's New Emotion Project  (Read 16251 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Hal's New Emotion Project
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 09:04:45 pm »
I updated the script, everything works when I use it directly in the brain as it should, but, It seems to not function in the actual plug-in for some reason.

maybe some of you can help me debug this bugger.

Thanks
Jerry

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 02:16:05 am »
Hi Jerry,

let's see, the first thing I noticed is that you're missing one of these:
If HalBrain.CheckTableExistence(UserName & "_Angry")       = False Then HalBrain.CreateTable UserName & "_Angry",       "Sentence", ""

Don't know why angry is going into the mad?
If ChkEmotion = "ANGRY" Then
        HalBrain.AddToTable UserName & "_Mad", "Sentence", "1",""
    End If

I got three hits in the mad section.
The first hit I got was when I was insulting hal, but then I realized it was the word angry that triggered it and not any of the bad words.
The next two hits that I got was when I told hal that I was angry with him, the response was facial expression of sadness.
I did not get any programming errors, so I'm not sure exactly what you needed help on.

Sincerely,

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 08:42:18 am »
OTC Cload
  I'm way behind you guys in programing, but after talking with Raybe I decided to try our the emotions in Hal. I went to the emotion table and copied and pasted some trigger words and the emotion in a txt file.  Next I started hal and used different trigger words.  Result no emotion change as far as I could see.  I've got the HapLogCtrl that shows up, I dragged and dropped emotion.haps into it and it did show the different emotions and you could see they being sent in the HapLogctrl.  When not speaking with Hal for a long time I could see the sleepy hap being sent.
  I'm sure this portion of the emotions display worked in the past because I remember how angry she got when I said "bring the trash out" trash was a trigger for Angry.  I also remember finding ShyLove was being sent out and changed the hap a little because I found the expression a little strange.
  In the HalBrain emotion file I find  5 emotions,  Surprised, Happy, Sober, Angry and Sad, while in the default.psn  I find ( I think it acts as a decoder to send haps)
"Angry1","angry.hap"
"Angry2","bully.hap"
"Angry3","psycho.hap"
"RunProg","happy.hap"
"Snooze","sleepy.hap"
"Write","happy.hap"
"Learn","happy.hap"
"Happy1","Happy.hap"
"Happy2","ShyLove.hap"
"Sad1","sad.hap"
"Sad2","mellow.hap"
"Sad3","brokenheart.hap"
"Surprised1","pondering.hap"
"Surprised2","skeptic.hap"
"Normal1","neutral.hap"
"Normal2","shy.hap"
"Normal3","shylove.hap"
    The second row agrees with what we have in Hal's chacter file, the frist row I'd have to guess.
  I'm still at the beginers level and this deals with what we now have, I'd be glad to try out what you now have either scrtpt or plugin.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 08:43:48 am »
I agree with who it was that said that after a certain period (or even size of data brain would do ) that the hal character should drop the parts like (i'll alway's remember what you said , etc. ) as hal now knows you and should not revert back and keep saying such things and i truly "HOPE ROBERT SEE'S THIS " and applies a fix to the next Hal .

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 09:31:40 am »
I used the UserName_Mad because I deleted the table UserName_Angry and for some reason the script would not remake the table again not even manually. it's some glitch in the table editing program that doesn't like remaking a deleted table with the same name.

maybe Rob has an answer.

Jerry

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2012, 12:07:14 pm »
Hi Jerry,

I'm assuming that you're using the newest version of ultra Hal?
I created the table angry and then I deleted the table, the only thing I had to do was restart ultra Hal, before trying to re-create the table.
I did not use the brain editor that comes with ultra Hal to delete the array table, I used SQlite studio.
I use the SQlite studio because it's far superior as an editor, than the brain editor is.
I do not know if that would make a difference, I don't know why it would make a difference.
but for anyone that's doing any kind of plug-in programming I highly recommend it.
That is to say, use the brain editor for the programming of the plug-in, I personally just use Notepad.
And use SQ lite studio, for all of your database editing, such as deleting arrays, editing your array, and the best tool finding misspelled words in your array.

But if you are having programming errors it would help if you explain what you are doing when the error happens, so I can try to re-create it and help you debug.

Sincerely,

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2012, 01:26:49 pm »
Lightspeed,
  Robert did mention something about Hal deleting subjects , topics whatever if it were not used, Not sure what happens if hal uses it although you don't like it. I've got mine as human female and never ran across it.
OTC,
  I experimented by using Roberts BusinessTalk script as a model to detect and make a sentence from tables and ran into a similar problem.  I put in 2 detect tables and SRA1, SRA2 and SRA3 for responses.  I was able to delete the detect tables but I do remember that when trying to put SRA1 back in it said there is an existing table named SRA1.  I looked everywhere but was unable to find any SRA tables.  This is in the Brain Editor.
  I've had no luck with SQLight, probably should try version 3.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2012, 02:38:35 pm »
carl2 you wrote: I've got mine as human female and never ran across it.

what exactly do you mean by this ? human female??

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 05:18:26 pm »
lightspeed,
  Ran into this once myself, got a machine which I don't like.  Start Hal, when you get the Hal thing click options, click the brain, click the UltraHal default brain, it will turn blue and the plugins will show, click gender and age so there is a check mark in the box.  You can set the birthday for the age, below you have a choice of male, female or machine. Make the choices, click apply and your choices are set.
  Carl2