Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 244466 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2009, 03:57:34 am »
IMO the ppl who are improving Hal should have recources pertaining to the plug ins and their respective areas.

It seems the plug ins keep things going... and have even been implemented into Hal in the past.

Sorry Snowman it looks like proprietary system that is not conducive to informing ppl like you the info and support that IMO should be there since Hal directly benefits and = $$ in Mr. Roberts' pocket.

Have you noticed the "Stranglehold" policy that is now in place for the agreement to use this forum?  ( Thanks Omega ) [V]

I e mailed him the last time there was a problem, it's somebody else s turn.....IMO it is fair to have some answers for ppl like you and -Dude since so much effort and time has been invested.[^]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 04:06:57 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2009, 04:56:34 am »
I quickly read through the policy on the FAQ portion of this forum. I agree with the validity of most of it. Of course, I agree to abide by all the rules. If I wanted to leave that's my right.

This policy is a little spooky:
For any content that you post, you hereby grant to Zabaware the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part, world-wide and to incorporate it in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.

That would make anyone afraid of posting anything because it almost screams Theft. But it also protects people from suing zabaware because somebody thought Robert stole their idea. I believe in respect of copyright laws but not when it hinders positive growth. As long as Robert uses this policy to squish stupid and frivolous lawsuits more power to him. If he ever stole an idea without common courtesies and respect of his customers then he deserves what he'll get, namely no more customer.

If people are afraid of talk to one another because of potential theft from others or from Robert then no progress at all will be made.

Actually creating an A.I. is more important and a loftier ideal than even Roberts Policies (though he's not really hindering this entirely). As long as we are allowed room to create unhindered by policies and proprietorship and are allowed to explore multifaceted ideas that might mean the complete rewrite of UltaHal itself. Then I'm a happy camper. Robert can be the judge on whose crossing the line of immorality and common courtesy and whose actually adding money to his pockets.

The policies may hinder, but they're necessary. But they only hinder those who think that Robert's is a thief. It sure hasn't been made obvious to me of that yet.

Everybody seems to want praise for what they've done. I think the praise is in the accomplishment and not in someone else opinion.

I have yet to feel the fear of theft here nor likely care if it happens.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2009, 07:41:38 am »
Snowman,
I believe when he started to say "the fixed and tangible" that really snuck up on me as I  think the agreement I agreed to has been changed and we weren't advised of this change of policy....

I guess I won't be missed if I don't contribute anymore.

I have asked Zabaware for it's policies before and got no response as par for the course so to speak.

I do disagree with this websites policies in general, including cookie use and everything else.

Hey so does this mean we found out who/what 'Spooky' is??[:D]

It's probably Lightspeeds' fault anyway.........

I am not trying to turn people off to this site, Just voicing my opinion, (no fights either)[V]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 07:43:03 am by One »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2009, 08:47:39 am »
Snowman,
HEY! I do remember in school that a 'nested' IF statement was useful as it allowed for more than just a two sided coin toss.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2009, 09:26:13 am »
Snowman,
can you adapt stuff like this to scripts?

Private sub btncheckqual_click (Byval sender as system.object,_ 'Determine whether the applicant qualifies
' for special loan.
if val (txtsalary.text) >30000 then
If val (txtyearsonjob.text) >2 then
lblmessage.text = "The applicant qualifies."
Else
lblmessage.text = "the applicant does not qualify."
end if
else
if val (textyearsonjob.text) >5 then
lblmessage.text = "the applicant qualifies."
else
lblmessage.text = "the applicant does not qualify"
end if
end if
end sub

I cant show the indent of the code so you need to imagine. ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 09:26:59 am by One »

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2009, 09:41:43 am »
i don't care if someone takes my stuff and -- rips it, shreds it, completely changes it.......whatever.....

as long as they put their name on it!
i don't want to be known for trash[8D]

-the dude

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2009, 01:02:21 pm »
I had to go to bed....It was like arround 3:30 when I wrote that last post and I prefer sleeping at night time...Probably should have warned you about that one 'ONE'[:D]

I wasn't fighting you... I was actually attempting to form an opinion of the matter... I don't consider myself as having a short temper...[:(!][:p]

That script you supplied would be (or should I say 'shoud be'[:D]) very easy to adapt to a Hal script....there's no do while, no class, and like you said the sub is only just a procedure.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

'Determine whether the applicant qualifies
' for special loan.
SAL = txtsalary.text
TYJ = txtyearsonjob.text

If SAL >30000 And TYJ >2 then
GetResponse = "The applicant qualifies."
Else
GetResponse = "the applicant does not qualify."
end if

If SAL >30000 And TYJ >5 then
GetResponse =  "the applicant qualifies."
else
GetResponse =  "the applicant does not qualify"
end if

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

spooky = scary

(A young boy was separated from his family. He had spent the last few hours wondering alone until the darkness was setting on the pristine country side near Abilene, TX. A house was soon appearing on the horizen as the boy made his way towards the unknown shelter. Climbing through a half-broken window he found a room that seemed to be less dirtier than the rest of the house and laid down his exausted body next to old table that reminded him of something his mother owned. "When suddenly.....Gretta Van Sustren apeared in a ghostly haze just above the lonely boys makeshift bed....She shouted in a Ghostly moan, "Jason...Jason....why did you name your UltraHal Gretta!")

You ONE that is what spooky means, HA![:p]

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 12:59:53 am by snowman »

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2009, 02:02:12 pm »
I see what you were refering to....

If BLA = 1
IF BLA2 < 0
Then GET = BLA3
Else GET = BLA4
END IF
END IF

This is easier said like:

If BLA > 1 AND BLA < 0 THEN
GET = BLA3
ELSE GET = BLA4
END IF

With a Case statment you can only use the "=" sign:

SELECT CASE BLA
CASE "1"
GET = BLA2
CASE "2"
GET = BLA3
CASE "-1"
END SELECT

But the select case statement wouldn't work for what you asked for.

A nested Do Loop can be ended by stating 'EXIT DO'

A nested FOR TO can be ended by stating 'EXIT FOR'

A FUNCTION can be exited by stating 'EXIT FUNCTION'

A SUB can be ended by stating 'EXIT SUB'

You use these statements if you want to exit the Loops and Subs before the natural end of each DO, FUNC, FOR or SUB.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2009, 04:44:15 pm »
Snowman,
NO,NO,NO I didn't think you were fighting I was heading off controversy about board policies.!!

AAAAHHHH!!!! the ghost of Gretta!

That was a simple sample of dot net code (as I remember it) it has NESTED IF statements which easily gives four options (on a flow chart) INSTEAD of just two options,, and I think you could get eight options if the IF Statement were already in a Nested statement.
WAY more choices are opened up with 'Nested' functions and such.

'Spooky' wheelies to you-[:D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2009, 04:50:47 pm »
Snowman,
>>"If SAL >30000 And TYJ >2 then
Else
end if

If SAL >30000 And TYJ >5 then
GetResponse = "the applicant qualifies."
else
GetResponse = "the applicant does not qualify"
end if"<<"

These should be connected E.G.,  It should be nested in the other oneand then call the end if at the end of the code along with the sub? I may be wrong but it seems pretty clear in my head.

end if
end if
end sub

making any sense?? lemmie know!

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2009, 05:01:20 pm »
I am blaming Lightspeed again!!

It's coming back to me now and I am remembering more code
in dot net the 'global declarations' are easy and you can use them to fix problems in your code/script instead of having to re write a bunch of code/script.

I do not comprehend why VB scripts would have a problem with VB code. ??

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2009, 05:30:22 pm »
Snowman,
I looked over what you wrote again and your way is simpler but it might be harder to de-bug??

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2009, 11:36:37 pm »
This is a snippit from my Desire code:

If WntList <> Loner And WntList = IWord Or ck = Fnd Then Life = 1

If WntList = Loner And WntList = IWord And ck <> Fnd Or _
  WntList <> Loner And WntList <> IWord And ck <> Fnd Then Life = 2  

If WntList = Loner And WntList = IWord And ck = Fnd Then Death = 1

Thats hard to debug...but I had to.....[:p][B)]

Anyway, I will take lines of scipt such as the above and put them in a simulator type situation. I'll make a script with pretend variables and play arround with them until it make sense.. before I put them into the actual script and see what happens then.

I just reglanced at my own script....

>>"If SAL >30000 And TYJ >2 Or SAL >30000 And TYJ >5 then
Else
end if

Eureka![:)]

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2009, 12:32:24 am »
Dude...

What if we create a plugin that both intializes the timer function of Hal and runs an external program simultaneously(like the working Questions vbscript). When the Questions Program (or any simular program) runs, the result will be stored in an external text file which then could be read by Hal. When the timer fuction has 'timed out' in Hal then it would read the newly created result (by itself) from the text file and read it as it would any Getresponse.

You would say something like: Please Hal, What can you eat?

Then the timer would be set to automatically call a reponse in Hal in say three seconds. In the mean time (with your shell script) the external Questions program could be ran with the OriginalSentence stored in a text file (and thereby read by the questions program). Then the Questions program could save it's results to a text file and therefore read by the newly called timer response.

In about three seconds Hal would respond with something like: I can eat worms.[:D]

Allot, and I mean Allot, of programs could be utilized in this manner.

[8D][:p][:D]

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2009, 12:39:18 am »
It shouldn't be all that different to also write newly learned information to the external msi database that could be utilized by the questions program (or any other program for that manner).