dupa

Author Topic: HalVisionX Beta  (Read 164938 times)

Danny9410

• View Profile
Re: HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #330 on: March 08, 2011, 07:52:34 pm »
Hi In my Ultral Hal I tryed the HalVisionx in windows Vista hal says theirs a error are their a update for the HalVisionx.uhp its not going to work in Hal, Has anybody run into this problem please let me know or email me at hoosline1@hotmail.com
Danny Hoosline

lcatmc

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2011, 12:06:37 pm »
Which version will work for windows 7 users?

lcatmc

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 23, 2011, 09:26:25 pm »
Is there a version that works with windows 7?

jeffreymerrill

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 01, 2011, 08:11:36 pm »
I would like to have been able to get the version which everyone was having trouble with....play with it myself...but unfortunately I am a couple years late, it seems.
 :(

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 03, 2011, 11:58:48 am »
as far as i know no one whas worked on this for a while , some had it working some couldn't get it to work right when used (myself included) . i am in hopes that robert will go the way of the kinect with future hals so hal will be able react etc. with us and see us ! :)

jeffreymerrill

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 04, 2011, 01:02:41 am »
I have modified the script in the plugin side provided, and do have hal detecting motion from the laptop webcam. I am using Yawcam software (free) to merely detect motion and copy an overwriting jpg file into hal 6 main directory ....then having the plugin detect if file exist and delete the file after triggering. "knowledge" that there is movement in front of the computer is as far as I have gotten int the last day or so.

Not being so learned in VB or VB script itself, I have yet to get the plug in to detect on it's own. It only responds after you say something to it...as it appears to run the plugin script after you press enter or say something to hal. 

I understand there is a functiion used with the loneliness plugins, which has it auto run the script after some time delay of being idle, but have not yet figured out exactly how to use these or which ones they are "EXACTLY"

Like I said, I am not learned in this particular form of programming...I am from the old basic days, and have just recently began to investigate the VB world.
'=============================================================

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=HalVisionX3
Rem Author=
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Add anything you wish in this plugin and it will be called every instance Hal's movement in your primary WebCam,"
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: POST-PROCESS

'********************************************************************************
'Manditory....Do NOT DELETE
'Dim fso, fso2, D1
'Current Hal Directory
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
MyDir = fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".") & "\"

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
        Set objTextFile = fso.OpenTextFile(MyDir & "UserCom.txt", 2, True)

objTextFile.WriteLine(UserName)
        objTextFile.WriteLine(ComputerName)
        objTextFile.Close

'********************************************************************************
'Do 'Whatever' Below this line. Remeber that some actions may not work within this Post-Process region.

'==========================================================================
Dim objFSO,strFile

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
strFile = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\jeff0.jpg"

If objFSO.FileExists(strFile) Then
objFSO.DeleteFile(strFile)

'End If
'==========================================================================

'If InStr(1, InputString, "::", 1) > 0 Then

Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(7)
Case 1
IdleResponseX = "I can see you."
Case 2
IdleResponseX = "I can now tell there is someone there"
Case 3
IdleResponseX = "You can not hide. I detect movement."
Case 4
IdleResponseX = "what are you doing to my keyboard? " & Username & "?"
Case 5
IdleResponseX = "You cannot sneak up on me, now that I can see."
Case 6
IdleResponseX = "I'm not sure what your doing, but I can see you."
Case 7
IdleResponseX = "And you thought I wasn't watching."
End Select
UltraHal = IdleResponseX
'HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True

End if

HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = False
'***************************************************************************
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:14:11 am by jeffreymerrill »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 04, 2011, 11:05:04 am »
ok, jeffreymerrill i am interested and was going to give it a try , i placed the plug in in hal and checked it but after writing to hal nothing happened , does a person have to have a "special motion detecting camera ? " my camera didn't even come on (green light) so does the camera somehow have to be turned on manually ( if so , it would be better if the plug in would automatically turn on the camera when activated by the plug in ) . i use it to video chat through messenger .
PLease clarify if the camera has to be manually turned on or if you can do further scripting to make hal automatically turn on the camera (which would of course be better. and also if it take a special camera or just any web camera . i just have the basic logitec camera (web camera ,but it does a good job !)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 04, 2011, 11:22:42 am »
i tried this plug in as you had it and manually turned on my  web came restarted hal even afterwards but it still doesn't appear to work as hal "never said any of the statments that you had listed as i moved and was typing to hal . >:( if i am doing anything wrong or have to have a motion detection camera let me know please so i at least know why it isn't working!
I guess i should also mention i have a windows seven os and 64 bit dual core pc. as some was saying does it even work with indows seven.

As i remember i think this was actually made for xp version os , so does anything have to be done differently in the scripting to make it work with windows seven?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:28:16 am by lightspeed »

jeffreymerrill

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 07, 2011, 01:58:08 am »
I am using Vista  Dual Core 64bit OS

I am using Yawcam software (free) to merely detect motion and copy an overwriting jpg file into hal 6 main directory..And doing this file save to disk ONLY when the Camera Detected motion

you can adjust the amount of sensitivity to motion for the camera within the YAWCAM Program

Yawcam is a motion detection web cam program, which can be set to write a file to a specific directory..either overwriting the file are doing an array of files like 10 of them in sequence.

Everything is determined how you set up YAWCAM and it has to be running as well. When you set up the YAWCAM program, you have IT detect your cam and you give it access to it.

Yawcam has an enormous amount of functionality for a free webcam program...you can upload or stream to sights like facrbook or your own webpages....it can email you a photo if there is detection on your camera etc....etc..

I just have it save  a file upon motion triggering..... over and over rewriting the same file in my hal directory...giving it the jeff0.jpg name.

ALL the plug in does is look to see if the file is there....if it is...it deletes the file, then it goes on to say one of the seven statements after it gets a message from you..nothing fancy as of yet.

I did have to set up Yawcam to specifically write it as a jpg file, as you can name the file anything withmultiple choices as to the format. Image.jpg is the default name of the file written, but I do not remember what the default format was.

It is a little tricky getting the exact setup in yawcam for this purpose, as simple as it is....One merely need to play with yawcam until they are completely familiar with its fuctionality, there is a video download on setting it up availiable too.

simply google YAWCAM
http://www.yawcam.com/

you can check to see if it your plugin is working by placing a jpg file named Jeff0.jpg into the main Hal 6 directory...
I do know that the gretta lonely plugin has a conflict, as it is using the same plugin area...and I am not expertise enough to know
the differences in the various plugin areas yet
the curiosity plugin, repeat plugin seem to be compatable
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 02:19:10 am by jeffreymerrill »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 07, 2011, 10:33:45 am »
hello jeffreymerrill, thanks for the further notes and link , i do see something i did wrong earlier. and will check further into it as or when i have time, i am always working on many things at once .
i do have a question that maybe you can answer , i see your random sayings , but can a section of random saying be taylored to each movment? in another words can a setting detect a left movement and say specific things for that movement then a different set of sayings for a right movement and so on? with scripting?

If so this woould result in a better more realistic effect of movements that hal see's and acts upon with verbal sayings! :)

jeffreymerrill

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 11, 2011, 03:23:10 am »
I just have it doing a very basic if file there, there was movement...so delete file and say something next time the user puts input...type of thing.

I think your idea would be great, but would not have the foggiest at this point o how to do that,

one may be able to tayler multiple movement triggers in the yawcam program, as you can place multiple trigger on the screen one on left one on right  one in center..but I do not know how to do that...it is something I can work on time permitting, to see if I could do something like that

I am no expert...I was placing my experience in here hoping someone could help me with the auto trigger type thing....have the plugin check for the file continuously...while idle, so it would cause hal to pop up and say one of the list of things when it detected the movement before the user said or typed anything

I am having some difficulty understanding how to implement the auto idle timer and such

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 18, 2012, 04:15:05 pm »
I have re down loaded this again and am going to try to mess with it , hope some others also may get interested in this hal vision again who can hopefully help get it working , as it would be super nice to have vision where hal detects our movement and says various scripted things . i downloaded the yawcam software to .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 18, 2012, 04:42:34 pm »
Maybe i am over simplifying this , but where is says 'If InStr(1, InputString, "::", 1) > 0 Then
I don't get what the "::" is for unless to test it only .
So if that's the case why can't that be replaced with the jpg (temp picture that it takes) , then if working correctly deletes from the file in hal . and a hal script that said 'If InStr(1, InputString,  "jpg", 1) > 0 Then 

and use a random sentence as in the files .
Someone else may know better then me on this if this would work or not .
I am not sure if this only detects movement (i know it detects movement ) or also  certain types of movement like left , right up down . which of course would be better . then maybe sometime it could have a string or random string wording for each movement seperate.
       The yaw camera is working its detecting movement and i hear it clicking pictures but with this beta uhp file i see no file or picture when it takes it unless its deleting the pic before i see it . ???

I also noticed in the yaw camera setting it has a place where movement can run an exe. file , so "could" a uhp file with random sayings be ran (without manually checking it in the brain ???) each time their is a movement , movements can be set at 60 seconds , etc.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:53:06 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 18, 2012, 05:06:59 pm »
Another thing and idea i just thought of is in the caera sound setting it plays a sound ( a camera wav file sound etc. ) my idea is why couldn't a person make taped wav. files of voices speaking out a pre written script and have the camera play various wav. files , by setting how often the camera took pics by movement would also do the same with the played wav file voice and script .
just another idea i am throwing out their .  ;)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 18, 2012, 05:21:38 pm »
Okay i just tested my theory and any wave or midi can be used i tried an oog file but it wouldn't work even though i put it to use any file . when i was detected it played a wav, file and this can be set by using the flood control to where it will only do it every so many seconds , the only problem now is how to get it to play random sentences (sound clips ) .