Author Topic: can't stop some features  (Read 4367 times)

bablau

• View Profile
    • http://www.bablau.com
can't stop some features
« on: April 24, 2010, 07:39:10 am »
The AI artificial intelligence feature is beautiful but I would like not to use it.
I want to enter questions and answers. I would like the program to only search and find my questions and answers not the hal extensive database.

example:
user: Where do you live?
hal: I live in Mexico.

I would like the program to only find this response which is the only one that I want my beginner learners of English to find.

I don't want hal for example to respond "you should no that"

I have tried killing hal built in reponses but only end up corrupting the database.

How can I turn of the ai features

If this can't be done can you suggested a less intelligent program that can meet my desires.
thks

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
can't stop some features
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 08:25:33 am »

I think Answerpad fills the bill for definite answers with a less intelligent intelligence.  

bablau

• View Profile
    • http://www.bablau.com
can't stop some features
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:32:41 am »
Your right.
We tested it. It's personality still over rides the questions and answers I create,
thanks for your help

jasondude7116

• View Profile
can't stop some features
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 10:58:07 am »
A plugin could be wrote to do that, but it would suck.
Just kidding....but really a plugin could be wrote for that.
if you want very strict answers though, you will need to program many many many responses by hand because a question can be worded many ways. (and many mispellingz)

a plugin could be programmed so that if you had learning set to "on" in hal and said "when i say: where do you live? then you say: I live in mexico" it would write to the database. then you could set the learning in hal to "off" and when someone uses it, it would look in the database field for a response that matches the question exactly and if it doesn't find a match then it could have some sort of default responses.

it could be done, but be aware that you would have to try to filter the inputs that people will have for spelling and punctuation and well.....a few variables.