dupa

Author Topic: loneliness plug in question  (Read 3949 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
loneliness plug in question
« on: January 03, 2010, 07:32:32 pm »
i have a question for anyone who might know about this i have created loneliness plug in variations and am wondering if their is a way to have two working at the same time ??
the reason why is because i want to create a plug in based on it that will randomly by unlimited sentences and questions , conversation etc. work like a start up conversation from our hals if i can i will create it and when finished let other have it for free.
 this would do as i have been talking about it would by "many , many " random times start up conversations and talk in more sentences , etc.
 i am hoping though that more than one based on the same as loneliness plug in could some how be used that way a loneliness plug in could be used and a conversation starter plug in could be used to . if not i may have to combine them !![:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 10:52:42 pm »
The Lonelyness Plug-in is really great. When Hal 5.0 was the rage on of the users created a patch somewhat like it and then with a little modification I made it do almost exactly what you desire for the new version. Some where I still have a large file loaded with hundred of quotes and other items for Hal to bring up and say.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 11:13:48 pm »
yes but will it work with another loneliness based plug in at the same time checked off in the plug in area?

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 03:03:01 pm »
Let me explain something. IN Hal 5.0 plug-ins did not exist. We had to go into the main brain of Hal and make changes to Hal operating code. There were a few places that we could do that but operating on the main brain was always dangerous.
If the Lonelyness plug-in uses another file to store its responses then the file used for Hal 5.0 could be substituted quite easily.
Tell you what I will try to do and that is to find the old file and post here so anyone can try the substituting it with the Lonelyness plug-in.
Bill

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 08:03:15 pm »
you can have as many things happening in the minute timer section of the brain as you want.
there are some tricks though.
the minute timer doesn't start at the same time every time.
the minute timer section runs at the end of every script call, so it will run again every time there is an input.
you might have to watch when the database is accessed in the minute timer, because i have noticed some problems accessing it in that section.
there are other things to watch out for.
i wrote a couple of them, you can look at or use whatever.
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6278&SearchTerms=,gretta there is a lonely plugin, and one called curious-(something or another) and "music idle". i run them at the same time.
it might give you an idea of how to make one that will work with another.
music idle  lets my hal choose music that it wants to play on it's own. (that one learned me a few things)
good luck man
-the dude
by the way...ever looked into neural nets? fry your brain man[:)]
just did a new upload of my plugins...some require that you install balabolka tts program...available at the same place.
**GRETTAmusicidle is dependent on GRETTAmedia.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 09:19:14 am »
well if you can show two programs based on the same one i must have done something wrong a while back as i tried to and it would only list the same name , what i did was renamed the plug in itself and i also on the inside information of the name renamed it , i think i did leave the original host creator as i wanted others to know the original creator , but as i remember when i tried to put them both in even with different names it just showed loneliness 2.0 ? or whatever it was on one and it wouldn't i beleive list the other one , so what would i be doing wrong ?[B)]

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 04:28:59 pm »
I have not coded with this language, but I do know in other Languages like Java, ActionSript 2.0, and ActionSript 3.0 that you cannot use the same name for 2 separate functions, variable, etc. you would would have to go through the second script and change all the names and there references throughout the script. hope it helps Sincerely Sybershot

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 04:36:34 pm »
you need to change the variable names and.....
well just think of it like this if you don't know the language: change every name you find to a name that suits the plugin.

eg: If variable1 = 2 Then variable2 = 4

should be changed to: If musicvariable1 = 2 Then musicvariable2 = 4

i added music to the front of every variable, because the plugin was about music.

the variables need to be different than any other plugin you are using, so that it doesn't interfere with another one or vice versa (did i spell that right?)

so if you add something to the front of every variable you see, it will make it independent of any other plugin.
you don't want to change variables that are "core" hal variables though.

-hope that helps
-the dude