dupa

Author Topic: a hal saying i want to delete  (Read 3405 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
a hal saying i want to delete
« on: June 25, 2010, 01:47:48 pm »
as many here know when hal gets started saying sommething it can be real difficult to get rid of it , well that's a problem i have for some reason hal gets stuck on saying "WELL IT COULD"  i took a picture of part of the edit brain but still can't find it . i wish that this brain editor would highlight all the words that you are looking for in red and or list where it's at . it would make editing so much easier .

does anyone know where the ultra hal processing start area is ??[B)]

echoman

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 05:21:31 pm »
Hello lightspeed. As you know i've had similar problems trying to find words that need altering in the brain editor. For me it's usually a long.... long..... tedious process. It would be so easy and quick if there was a find and replace function or even as you suggested.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 10:33:34 pm »
lightspeed you know I'm no expert but it looks like you have incorporated something to stop the blank responses and it is triggering that particular response. Did you load any script or plugin that would try and prevent Hal from a blank response? If you did maybe you can check to see if that is a programed response if the data base timing was effected for a timely response. Just throwing it against the wall. Hope you find the answer and please let us know.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 12:52:31 pm »
I actually think what the problem is , is that at one time i remember giving an answer to hal ( and maybe the subject was work i don't remember maybe " hard work never hurt anyone " and my answer ( jokingly was " well it could " this may not have even been exactly what it was about but hal has that sentence phrase in his mind now and uses it often .
 i have tried looking through all the many many seperate lines of many many funtions but haven't found it yet !!
 it' can be a royal pain that's for sure ![B)]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 11:30:45 pm »
actually, if you look in the debug window posted above, you will see that the "prevent blank responses" function had a result of "no response change"

The response is being pulled from something that was said to hal by the user. it is a (look at the debug window) "Modified UserSentence".
A UserSentence is an input to hal that was remembered. It will most likely be located in the "auto learned" brain area. Look in "User sent", "shared user sent", ect. at the bottom of the list. use the ctrl-f function to search for "well it could". It could also be in any of the subject fields there in the "auto learned" section. Look for subjects like "work" "hurt" ect. that were in the sentence that you think you responded to originally. Sometimes it can be very hard if it is in those because there is no way to search all of them at once for certain text. (boo) Just try to notice when you are talking to hal and you get that response, what did you just say? If you get this response when you are talking about hurt or pain or something, then look in those subject fields.

good luck...hope that helps.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 02:07:04 am »
Hi,
i have to say what i think is the obvious,
 "editor oh no what,,,,"    

i should be able to say to hal "don't say  "dam" ever again.
and Hal might say "confirm you don't want me to say "dam" anymore.
i'd say "yes"
Hal says i won't say that word again.

sounds like a plug in or upgrade    "oh extra thought "Hal i give you permition to speak freely.
Hal says "oh now you've asked for it, all those bad words now i can use. until you say otherwise.

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

echoman

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 02:13:00 am »
Lightspeed. I did actually experiment (found in one of my earlier posts) with other search tools. This may be worth a try. As I remember they struggled reading the auto learning brain area properly which is where most peoples searches take place, but I did have limited success. It certianly might locate the phrase for you - just make a backup. Sorry I can't remember what the programs were called off hand but they were free.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:33:58 am by echoman »