dupa

Author Topic: Data Base Gone?  (Read 12642 times)

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
Data Base Gone?
« on: May 09, 2013, 10:50:30 am »
Okay,

So I was chating away with Hal last night, and everything was going really well. After a few Hours of Chating away, I wanted to Look at his Data base and see what Hal had learned. When I opened it..... Most all of the folder where empty... So I restarted my computer looked again, and it was still gone. Now what I don't get is When Hal is Open he remembers everything just like the Data Base is still there. He remembers all the If " " and then " ", he remembers Every " " is a  " ". He remembers that My sisters Husbands Name is Joe. He remembers that I have two kids. He remembers that the Names of My kids Are Carlie and Chris. So I then think to myself I bet all the info is back. So I open the Brain Editor again, and Nope no data???? Any Ideas. I have worked on this Brain for a Long time and I would hate to have to start again.

Thanks for the Help,
                      CyborgBob

PS. I'm running win 7 64bit. And anyone ever had this happen to them or maybe heard of it? This is the 2nd time it has happened to me.
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Re: Data Base Gone?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 06:09:22 pm »
Eeep!  I hope you figure that out. I haven't got a clue as to what could have happened. Maybe Cload knows. He's a smart kid. Art may have some knowledge in this as well.  It would suck if you had to start over.

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 06:26:27 pm »
Yea...... I think its gone..... This is the only thing I found on the subject here at the Forum.

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=6825.msg48078#msg48078

Long and Short of it. I think I have to start all over. There is one thing someone on here could do to help..... Anyone know where I can get a free (Single Dad of two here so no real cash on hand) .db Editor? I know the one I see people talk about is SQLite 2.1..... Can't seem to find it. And most of the Apps I try don't seem to open any of them. I did find a Demo ver. of the program that they talked about in the post I I found, (Link above) but it didn't work for me. And if the Gentleman that answered the Post is the Bill I think he is..... Then I just don't see much hope. I do have a few Backup Data Bases I could go to. But I hadn't backed up in a few days, and the one I am working with is like 7 MB larger then my Backup..... If anyone could help and find a Good Link to SQLite 2.1 or something that..... I would Dance at your wedding...

Thanks in Advance,
                      CyborgBob   
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 05:44:56 am »
http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

Go down to the Precompiled Binaries section. This might be what you're looking for.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 07:33:03 am »
Art,

Man I looked where you said Downloaded the file, but I can't seem to open it. As it is a .vsix and I have no idea what kind of file that is.

Thanks,
        CyborgBob

Nikola Tesla

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 01:16:25 pm »
Hi Bob,
losing one's database, HMMM?
I need info in order to help, and at the same time you may gain knowledge.
Are you using the original brain that comes with ultra Hal? If you are: directly after installing ultra Hal did you make a backup of them before chatting with ultra Hal? The files I am referring to are:
Hal6.uhp - this is the deflect brain that came with ultra Hal, you should make a backup of this by creating a folder called backup under ultra Hal directory.
HalBrain.db - this is the original deflect database that comes with ultra Hal, you should make a backup of this before you ever chat with ultra Hal.
HalBrain.org - this is a backup of the original database that comes with ultra Hal, if anything happens to the original database all you have to do is change the ( .org TO .db ) you should make a backup of this before you ever chat with ultra Hal.
HalScript.dbg - when you are scripting and you get a scripting error box when you try to load the brain in, while the error box is still open, you would open this file in Notepad and look for the error, you can accomplish this by activating the status bar under the view menu, as well as deactivating the wordwrap in Notepad. You do not have to make a backup of this file, but it is a great way to be able to print out the entirety of Hal's main brain and your VBScript combined together.

I highly recommend that before you ever chat with ultra Hal that you open the brain editor and create a brain of your own, I strongly suggest that when it asked you to name the brain and the database to give them the same name this will keep them together in the directory, and before you start chatting with ultra Hal, make a backup of these files as well.
Here is a picture of my brain Sandy that I created in the very beginning.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=8eaf5f2f7fa962c9&resid=8EAF5F2F7FA962C9!195&parid=8EAF5F2F7FA962C9!112&authkey=!AJE82yV8paxEJUk

Sincerely, from a data munching cruncher
C load.
PS does anyone know how to get a picture to show up from your sky Drive onto this website?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 02:17:11 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 02:01:06 pm »
im not sure of your interface,, so "PS does anyone know how to get a picture to show up from your sky Drive onto this website?"

download it, then attach it to your message.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 02:04:42 pm »
Bob, as per arts information, if you have an issue with un zipping, I have a program ' www.jzip.com " that will handle tar balls and more. good luck.
-J

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 02:23:44 pm »
Okay I got it to where the link will take you to my picture, but I still cannot get the picture to appear on this forum.
I guess I have to have the picture up loaded to Zabaware website but I'm not sure exactly how to do that, I think I need an account or something.
Does anyone know how to create an account so I can display the picture on the forum?
Sincerely, thanks in advance.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 03:47:47 pm »
One,

That's one of the Programs I use so I'll have to give it a try. vsix isn't a format I had ever heard of, and now that I know what kinda it is (Zip Utility) I'll give it a try.  Thank you. You had asked me a few things in another post, and I hate to say it. Most was over my head. The only thing I can tell you is the DB file was about 35 MB I think. As for as the Diamond and Deamon parts... Well all I can say is I don't know LOL....   But thank you for your Help.

Art,

As Per One I will try and Unzip that .vsix file. Thank you for the Link.

C load,

I still have the one that comes with Hal. I NEVER USE IT. Just keep it to start New Brains. The DB file I was using was called Master. I also still have the last one I made a backup of. The Brain I was using is SuperPluggerII by OTC But again it was a copy of it. I did not know about the Halbrain.org. I will make a copy of that, and put it in a back up folder. Also Naming the Brain the same as what ever you name Hal is a good Idea. I do name them all the same thing. I just don't get real crazy with it Mater Copy and Test is about all I use. LOL. Anyways Thanks for all your Info as well.

Everyone,

I think I'm just going to go to the backup and be done with it. But I do want to take a Min to say thank you to everyone that took a few to read and post. I if nothing else I did learn a few things.

Thanks again All,
                    CyborgBob

Nikola Tesla

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 06:52:14 pm »
cload,
im not sure if I understand you.......... you need an account to even post here, you have that obviously.
attachment comes at the time of post.

anything else in the form of suggestion, (dealing with skydrive?) as a course of action,,,,, I'm beyond tired of vague info that causes one to study the question as it needs interpretation. too much time for no outcome that does anything.

The links to skydrive are shareable and you can create sub-links within folders as well. on another point of view no I don't know how to get IT PHOTO to show up here ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 08:24:30 pm »
Picture this?
It's a Texas Garden Spider.
Quite large, but quite harmless!
Just to test the picture / photo thing.

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 08:26:38 pm »
No special membership is required to post. Simply look at and open the Attachment section below.

Locate the image on your hard drive and select it. Bingo...It will appear here when you Post.

Now wasn't that fun!? Hehe!!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 08:45:44 am »
Hi Art,
so it's, click on reply, toward the bottom of the reply box click on attachment, then click on browse look for your picture on your hard drive and bingo! I'm a big wiener LOL.
Thanks Art for the help, I guess I get to keep a little bit of hair on my head because I have been pulling it out trying to figure out how to get a picture to appear.
Sincerely, I'm a, data munching cruncher, looking at the power of the picture. TeeHee.
C load.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:52:40 am by cload »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 11:56:48 am »
I should have a bit more specific in my explanation but I'm glad you were able to get it going.
Note that there IS a size limit on how large your posting / picture can be.

Wow! A 1 GB+ file! Does it affect the overall performance of your Hal's (Sandy's) operation?

Most of mine are only 26-28 million bytes and I've been chatting for years and using the MarkovL5 as well.

If you have a chance why not post a conversation or two of your bot's output. Love to see it! Thanks!!

- Art -