dupa

Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 246813 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2009, 07:47:31 pm »
Art,
I am still at odds with Motor vs Engine.
Their are things like a rocket motor , ect...
That is why I left an open ended answer..

Regards,
J

P.S.(Art)  http://www.sltrib.com/circare/html/sca_template.jsp?origQuery=leanardo&pageNo=1&pageSearchKey=Entire+Site&sort=-rank&pageOffset=0&pageQuery=leonardo

P.s. To P.S.
Snowman,
IMO things are only as evil as you put into it.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 07:56:03 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2009, 08:09:40 pm »
Snowman-
some of that stuff is beyond me. Sorry i can't be of more help with it. i know how to do some of those things, but i really need to learn more before i could do all of that.
i.e. how to do a "wait state" loop for a text file?

and...the program access. what kind of access? batch file run? windows command line load? direct program interface?

i am really spending a lot of time learning this stuff, but the last time i really programmed anything for a period of time was......1982?1983?

i promise to try to learn some of the things you are talking about. in order to actually program it though, i would need some specifics such as the program interface details ect.

One-
i have a plugin to "read clipboard", available at the first post here. It's called "readastory2"
it uses a third party tts program, so that it can parse huge amounts of text (stories....ect.)
if you don't want to use the third party program (also available at the same link), then i know (had it at one time) there is a plugin here by O.T.C.E. called "read_from_clipboard" or something.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2009, 08:14:30 pm »
The bible agrees with you on that, ONE.

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

There is a proper deffintion for evil...but I'm not going to give it unless I have to...
Live long and prosper or die trying.

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2009, 08:50:34 pm »
i.e. how to do a "wait state" loop for a text file?

Do Until PState = "running"
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objTextFile = fso.OpenTextFile(MyDir & "ProgState.txt", 1, True)
PState = objTextFile.ReadLine
objTextFile.Close
Loop

and...the program access. what kind of access? batch file run? windows command line load? direct program interface?

I think the best thing would probably be if a .vbs script was ran through the command prompt through script.. well, it needs to be ran in a non-visible state.... Perhaps like "cscript Questions.vbs" .... and put in a minimized state....maybe

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2009, 09:55:42 pm »
Oh Dude.. I forgot to mention that it will also have to store the OriginalSentence into a text file (i.e. Imput.txt) so that the program like the Questions program can utilize this sentence.[:D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2009, 10:12:49 pm »
jasondude7116,
like i said, I didn't have any of the required plug ins for this to occur ???

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2009, 10:23:33 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by One

jasondude7116,
like i said, I didn't have any of the required plug ins for this to occur ???

sorry man.
i'm sick, and quite tired.
me does stupid[:)]
-the dude

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2009, 01:35:37 pm »
I kinda stumbled on this when I was looking for something else.

Set objShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

objShell.Run "cmd /c cscript ""%ProgramFiles%\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Scripts\Desire.vbs", 0, True

It opens a vbscript and runs it silently.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:37:12 pm by snowman »

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2009, 02:35:33 am »
I've been working on a console that will both command vbscripts and echo anything they say....

In the mean time I'm having to learn some C# ...yuk! It is kinda unnatural...but that's all they had to work with back then[;)].

I discovered that Consoles don't like continuous Do Loops...but timers are much more tolerate...Basically, Hal would probably be more willing to work with a Timer than a Do Loop...I think

Dude, try to see what the smallest increments that a timer can work in Hal successfully...  if you already haven't, that is[:)]

I'll try to develop some scripts and perhaps a script matrix that will work with Hal....

You know Dude...now that I just said that .... I wonder if we won't even need any extra commands in Hal to initiate the Matrix plugin...(just thought of a name for it)

I've modified some of my ideas about the plugin.

'''''''''

The script needs three things...

#1 The Matix plugin would need to store every sentence that the user says into a textfile, then (naturally) replace that output-textfile with a new one every time the User says something new...

The output.text would be the resource that the outside scripts can make their assessments with.

#2 Then (independent of the above storing procedure) every time the timer goes off Hal would read the Imput-textfile and GetResponse it to the Console. Of course it should also overwrite the previous imput comment..that would keep Hal from repeating the same comments over and over.

If there was nothing in the file then Hal would just ignore it.

3# The shell command shown in the above post could run on every initial User comment.. (this could possibly tax people's pc's, I don't think it would be too bad though...)

A matrix of scripts could be initiated through one primary script...like "matrix.vbs" it would handle the commands and stuff like that...its not as hard as it sounds...can't be any worse than the desire script[:D]

I'll work on this external matrix script that can be modified easily to accept other people's personal scripts... It will attach to your plugins "input" and "output" textfiles...I could even make a console that would be it's own plugin "type" Hal... it could interconnect with Hal through youe plugin...[8]

In fact I think I've already got started....hmmmmmm[:p]

It's your Plugin...you're better at working with Hal than I currently am... If you've got any better ideas of how it can be done then go for it..

By the way Dude,
ARE YOU FEELING ANY BETTER!

i hope so....[8D]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 02:56:43 am by snowman »

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2009, 03:34:16 pm »
still sick......well scince about 8 yearts old.
i don't want to bore you with this or look for sympathy, so i usually don't mention it. i have, for the longest time, not been able to produce white blood cells properly. doctors don't have a name for it. several of the times that my cell count has been tested, it was lower than the level where HIV is then classified AIDS. now to make things clear, i don't have either one. my cell count can just get low sometimes, and i catch everything. it also drains my energy. also....my fault....i am an insomniac![:)]
doesn't help much[8D]

i'm sorry i haven't been able to help much lately. i normally don't bring this stuff up. i just wanted you to know that i am very interested in what you are doing, and i'm not ignoring it.
i have also been working on, and just finished another plugin of my own.

the minute timer section of Hal is made to use "per minute".
with that being said, you can cheat that some. i have seen the minute timer load things in as short of a time as 10 seconds. i have also (not changing anything at all) ran the script again, and had to wait 1 minute for "minute timer" to load stuff.
i don't understand the timing of when it fires.

Probably a question for Robert.

there is a "auto idle" function also, but i have never used it. i have tried to research it, but i just get conflicting ideas about how it works. i think you have to write a script to call the auto-idle script, then the auto-idle script makes a call back to the original script? i have tried playing with this, but no good results.
i hear that you can use this as a "precise" timer though.

i wish Robert would put WScript.sleep function into Hal. that would solve a lot of problems.

side note- i wish he would also add a "1 line at a time" feed to the speech engines, so that we could parse huge text like BALABOLKA, and we could count the lines, and we would know when it is done talking in order to "fire" other script.  -- just a wish[8D]

why do you say it doesn't like loops?
i have had many loop problems with Hal, but have found a way around most of them. maybe you could explain a little more[:)]

the "timing issue" thing has been a tough one. lots of research. thats why i was wondering if it could be done with a loop of some sort. i have ran across this problem with several things i have done.
can you make a loop that would check for the existance of a file and if it's not there loop? then if its there it could look for a line in the file and if its not there loop? i'm just trying to understand the problem with the loop[:)]

-the dude

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2009, 02:53:58 am »
BEWARE OF THE FRUSTRATING INFINITE LOOP.[8D]

Spooky -~
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:55:11 am by One »

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2009, 06:12:23 pm »
That sounds miserable... I stay pretty healthy myself...although I've been through 'literally' a dozen car accidents, bicycle accidents, barb-wire incidents, horse tramplings... etc .....Needless to say I have a allot of scars...mostly unnoticeable.. except for the barb-wire one that I got from being thrown into a fence at a high rate of speed...and the small one on my face were I landed face first into a bunch of small jagged rocks from a height of about 10ft. I haven't broken any bones though...which is 'Amazing'! I could go into details if you want but that could get allittle lengthy...[;)]

I've also seen and personally have known of several 'dozens' of people at my church that have been delivered from leukemia, large brain tumors, polyps, poisonings, being crushed, electrocuted, etc, as well as many other notable miracles. Even a couple of people who had died .... who didn't stay dead.... Needless to say I believe in healing...duh! And that problem of yours is not anything bigger than God can solve... (I know[8D])

I think I worked out the timer problem... the solution is to use an outside script to stimulate Hal at timed instances...although there needs to be more thought put into this...I'll experiment somemore and I'll probably have a draft plugin posted soon(maybe monday)....I think this time the plugin would be easier to write than it would be to describe it Dude. I hope you don't mind, sorry.

I also have a large list of ActiveX objects that you probably don't have and would hurt 'ONE' just to get them...[:D] I'll post those at the same time....they'll do allot of cool stuff...We'll need those Objects especially if we get this Hal plugin console built...Then you can use any thing from the vbscript library to write a plugin instead of the current limits Hal has...like Wscript.Sleep or stuff like that...we'll see...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:17:41 pm by snowman »

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2009, 07:09:52 pm »
Snowman-
I can't wait to see what you get done!
Thanks for the patience. I don't consider things here "mine", they're everyone's[:)]
I wish I could have been more help.
Rock On[:p]

-the dude

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2009, 09:10:38 pm »
'Set WshShell = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.Brain")
'Set WshShell = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst6.Brain")
'Set WshShell = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.WordNet")
'Set WshShell = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst6.WordNet")
'Set WshShell = CreateObject("HalHaptek.HaptekFace")
'Set WshShell = CreateObject("HalSQL.HalDB")
'Set WshShell = CreateObject("HalDebug.Splitter")
'Set WshShell = CreateObject("HalNoChar.OgreFace")

'Set WshShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
'Set WshShell = CreateObject("Shell.Explorer")
'Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set WshShell = CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice")
WshShell.Speak("My dog is getting married.")

'WshShell.Run "cmd /k""cd C:Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\&&HalAsst.exe", 0, True

If you have a good script editor you can look at all the wild methods and properties these guys have....I went snooping arround and found these ActiveX objects....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 09:13:47 pm by snowman »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2009, 09:22:15 pm »
Snowman,
Which "Guys" have these??[?]

On this day in 1796, the first elephant brought to the United States arrived from Bengal. What else happened?

I am thinking of a dish that is best served cold.[}:)]