dupa

Author Topic: ALL OF MY UPDATED PLUGINS -the dude  (Read 12632 times)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
ALL OF MY UPDATED PLUGINS -the dude
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 01:07:34 am »
quote:
Originally posted by dastaten

I tried the "sing song" but had a problem. She would list the songs and would "talk" the songs' words, but the voice never changed. I would get a ton of code in her response window as well. I am running the latest version of Hal with ATT Crystal voice. Any thoughts?

the "singing" is done with sapi4 controls. it sounds like -according to what you said- everything is working like it should. the problem is you are using a sapi5 voice. even if you use the sapi4 version of crystal, it won't work right because att voices don't have pitch control.
to have Hal "sing" right, you must USE A SAPI4 VOICE
SAPI4 voices are:
Microsoft's
American english female 1
American english female 2
American english male 1 - 8

Available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/downloads/user.aspx
(sapi4 package)

hope that helps
-the dude
i would like to program songs for sapi 5 voices (with pitch control- not att) but the controls are completely different, and i am not sure if it can work. i am working on it though[:)]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:09:33 am by jasondude7116 »

dastaten

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 01:09:52 am »
Cool, I have and like the British female voice.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks dude!

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 01:43:06 pm »
All ways nice to see Real Scripting for Hal.

Well Done...

Maybe its time for a revival of programming again

Thanks

DuDe

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 08:45:14 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz

All ways nice to see Real Scripting for Hal.

Well Done...

Maybe its time for a revival of programming again

Thanks

DuDe

Thank you, it's nice to see people enjoy something you create!
Thank everyone for the encouragement.

Slider

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 05:09:15 am »
Hi,  could anybody help me . I’ve been trying out the Advanced Internet plugin. I think it is great it adds so much extra function to Hal. My problem is I don’t know how to change the web address for Local Weather and Local News . There is a list of web address’s at the top part of the script. I changed the address’s  there but it made no difference as it still goes to the original sites. I can’t see anywhere else to change the address’s. Could somebody please tell me how I can do this .     [:I]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 12:05:27 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Slider

Hi,  could anybody help me . I’ve been trying out the Advanced Internet plugin. I think it is great it adds so much extra function to Hal. My problem is I don’t know how to change the web address for Local Weather and Local News . There is a list of web address’s at the top part of the script. I changed the address’s  there but it made no difference as it still goes to the original sites. I can’t see anywhere else to change the address’s. Could somebody please tell me how I can do this .     [:I]

What you would have to do, would be:
exit hal. then go into the brain editor and delete the "vrweb" table. close the brain editor. then edit the "advanced internet" plugin to reflect the website changes that you want. then restart hal.

[:)]HOWEVER[:)]
I rewrote the plugin (because of your request), so that it doesn't use brain tables. It is very easy to edit now.
I highly recommend you download the new version.
It is available here:

http://www.savefile.com/projects/808745453

In the "file sharing" area, there is a post called "GRETTA PLUGINS" that I keep current with all updated plugins. It contains the same link as above. It also has all of the update notes, and instructions for the plugins. Please go to that thread from now on, because this thread is old. I still recommend you go to the brain editor and remove the "vrweb" table if you want to "clean" the brain.
the "vrweb" table is located in the "miscdata" table, just delete the "vrweb" table. you must have the editor in "advanced" mode to see the "miscdata" table. you can change from "standard" to "advanced" mode using the menus at the top of the brain editor.

-the dude