dupa

Author Topic: Character Transparencies  (Read 2053 times)

archedmaid

Character Transparencies
« on: December 28, 2017, 11:21:04 am »
Some of the characters such as merlin, genie, and roby are supposed to have a transparency. Instead they have a purple box around them or else i would use these characters. If there is a fix it would be appreciated. 

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: Character Transparencies
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 03:40:17 pm »
Some of the characters such as merlin, genie, and roby are supposed to have a transparency. Instead they have a purple box around them or else i would use these characters. If there is a fix it would be appreciated.

Are you using the new Ultra Hal 7 or are you still on an older Ultra Hal 6.2? Ultra Hal 7 includes the newer "DoubleAgent" library which should fix the issue you are describing. The older MSagent library used by Hal 6.2 has problems in Windows 7,8,10.
Robert Medeksza

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 04:05:39 pm »
I just downloaded some MSAgents and they have a blue background box instead of transparency. I am using the new version and I confirmed that double agent was installed.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 08:34:20 am »
Are you using the new UltraHal 7 or are you using the UltraHal Assistant 6.X version?

Read the above post by Robert Medeksza.

Otherwise, I have no idea. You could always locate a copy of the MASH (Microsoft Agent Scripting Helper) and examine those .asc characters there.

Basically, Microsoft no longer supports the Microsoft Agent Characters. You might find something helpful from here: https://microsoftagent.weebly.com/downloads-page.html

Have you tried or do you not like/care for the Haptek 3D characters? There are some Full Body, Torso and lots of Head characters. There are also three new characters from Zabaware of some full-body girls!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 09:31:10 am »
The haptec things I've seen, no, I don't like. Uncanny valley. I would rather have a cartoon than a sketchy looking "realistic".

I suppose I should look around since it's been so long, but a quick look hasn't shown me anything much better. I don't need a fake human, just something to give me a visual focus. Without a cartoon figure I was happy with the audio wave thing. I would be happy with a good variety of emoticons that I could program like Agents.

But I'm just a couple of days back, no need for me to be too picky. And yes, I have ver.7 from the Zabaware site. As I said, I also confirmed that double agent was installed.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.