dupa

Author Topic: HAL breaking bug  (Read 151 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
HAL breaking bug
« on: July 12, 2019, 03:57:34 pm »
I have encountered a severe error in Hal when using the word "embarrass" and only that word.

No plugins active, Hal will classify the response as gibberish. If plugins are active however, Hal will error out. Checking the debug in brain editor, it seems somewhere, and I've searched extensively trying to find where, Hal will change the word "embarrass" to "embarrassssssssssssssssssssss" adding 20 extra "S"'s for some reason. It is program breaking for a new plugin I'm developing and it seems I am unable to fix it. So I will have to shelve Hal for now until I, or maybe someone else, or Rob, can tell me what exactly is happening and why and how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Spitfire

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
Re: HAL breaking bug
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 04:20:35 pm »
Of course after I post that, I got one final idea. I rooted around in the "substitutions" table and found that when the word "embarrass" was run through, it would gradually collect an extra "S" each time for some magical reason. I simply removed the word "embarrass" from the table and viola, the problem disappeared. It's not an issue for me removing the term as I generally use speech recognition, however, anyone still typing might encounter spelling errors should it be removed.

Problem half solved? Anyone else encounter any bizarre errors like this?

Spitfire

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HAL breaking bug
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 10:02:21 pm »
That's pretty wild but glad you were able to get a handle on it!
I assume the jury is still out on the cause?

Have you ever tried any other words that also end in ss?
Address, Abyss, Bess, Class, Compass, Cuss, Cutlass, Diss, Dress, Floss, Gloss, Miss, muss, pass, press, ross, russ, sass, etc.

There are a huge number of words ending with 2 s's so we have to hope this is not going to be a major issue or is it Brain-specific? (like the HAL6 converted to HAL7)?

Thanks and good luck!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 08:59:26 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -