dupa

Author Topic: Ultrahal only as a hobby?  (Read 302 times)

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
Ultrahal only as a hobby?
« on: February 14, 2020, 02:12:50 pm »
I finally had a chance to look at some of the dates on the forum topics and it really looks like things are going downhill for Ultrahal forum. I can sort of see that, I have a nice AI on my phone that I made with Tasker and I don't think I would use much of anything else. I haven't been on here for years.

But I have fond memories of Hal, and want to play with it some more, just as a hobby. So far I find the default brain to be unusable. Barely figures out the topic, won't set alarms, I know my old version was much more user friendly. I don't know if I still have copies of my old plugins. I certainly do not have copies of MSAgents.

But it's been so long I feel like I have to learn everything all over again. That was so much easier with a robust forum.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ultrahal only as a hobby?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 02:32:14 pm »
Well, the good thing is that everything that you once knew and loved is still here in the archives. There are still some folks here with some pretty good knowledge about HAL so if you're really having problems, and you have tried using the Search box in the upper right, then post a question to the forum in an appropriate section and if possible, try to be specific, listing Error messages, post screen shots or save the Conversation as a .txt file for sharing.

HAL is Still around because it is one of the best values for the money for a Chatbot that is capable of learning and not just having some "botmaster" add some script to a Category file somewhere!

There are still lots of 3D Haptek character heads around and there are newly developed 3rd party brain plugins that have shown a big performance boost with grasping a topic and staying on topic better.

If HAL didn't work so well, it wouldn't be here. That should say something about HAL. While it might not tell you everything that some talking box can, it is still a lot of fun if you let it be. 'nuff said.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -