Author Topic: Hap files  (Read 3843 times)

djkilla

• View Profile
Hap files
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:42:19 pm »
I am trying to find out how to call upon a hap file without triggering an outside response. For example if I trigger "cold" to a hap file that makes her shivver, how can I at least halt the response until the hap action is completed? When I test the hap in the haptek window it completes, but it stalls when the actual program calls it for some reason. I am assuming this is because the program is interrupting the hap by formulating its own response.
Any insight? tx
D
*update*
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6786&whichpage=3&SearchTerms=%2Chap%2Cfiles
Lightspeeds post regarding hapswap issues and editing the reference table may work. lets see....
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:17:37 pm by djkilla »

djkilla

• View Profile
Hap files
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:25:40 pm »
Still having issues getting multiple hap files to work when called upon in one hap.
 clock [t= 3] load [file= Characters\nod.hap]
for example this file was called upon after
clock [t= 1.10] load [file= CharactersGaskin2b.jpg]
clock [t= 2.11] \translate  [x= 0 y= 30 z= 35 t=4]
but wouldnt load..when I test the hap in a Haptek window it works fine. Pausing the script and resuming didnt work either. If anyone
has any input that can help itd be appreciated.
D

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Hap files
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 03:20:32 am »
Hi djkilla, I know the forum doesn't show slashes properly but if what you posted is how it is written I don't think it will work anyhow.
There are slashes missing in quite a few places.
Another thing is if the nod.hap has got timing in it, it will not work.
You can't put a timed hap in a timed hap.
Without knowing what you have it's a bit hard to help properly.
If you would like you can send me all the files & I will see where things are going wrong & if it can be done.
My mail== nige@nigesworld.com
Someone else may come up with an answer but my offer is there.

djkilla

• View Profile
Hap files
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 09:19:27 am »
tx Nige..yeh the slashes are there but I am thinking the timed---timed hap issue might be the key. I am going back through the Haptek guide to find what works best, I was just trying to save some time by gettin some help. Thanks a bunch for the tip!
D